PDA

View Full Version : Clark signs 6-year contract with Colts

riverside
02-20-2008, 06:21 PM
SOURCE (http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7901108&nav=menu35_6)

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Dallas Clark signed a six-year contract with the Indianapolis Colts on Wednesday, one day after the team placed the franchise tag on him.

Team president Bill Polian and agent Neil Cornrich would not say how much the contract was worth.

But it is believed to make Clark one of the league's highest-paid tight ends and puts him in the Colts' expanding club of highly paid players, a list that already includes two-time league MVP Peyton Manning, Pro Bowl receivers Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, defensive end Dwight Freeney and safety Bob Sanders.

It also resolves the Colts' biggest question mark heading into free agency. On Wednesday, Indianapolis signed guard Ryan Lilja to a five-year deal worth about $19 million, team owner Jim Irsay said. That leaves starting guard Jake Scott and defensive end Josh Thomas as the biggest names who are still unsigned.

tdubb03
02-20-2008, 06:46 PM
So what happens with the franchise tag now? Can we use it on Scott? Anyone know?

GrangerRanger
02-20-2008, 06:53 PM
I think we might be able to though this deal is completely final yet.

riverside
02-20-2008, 06:56 PM
So what happens with the franchise tag now? Can we use it on Scott? Anyone know?My guess is we can not. But supposing we could, there are no free-agents left worth the type of money a tag would command.

obnoxiousmodesty
02-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Brilliant news.

Suaveness
02-20-2008, 10:27 PM
We already used the tag on Clark; I don't think we can use it again