PDA

View Full Version : You Read IT HERE FIRST

Jonathan
02-20-2008, 01:31 PM
BUTLER BULLDOGS 2008 FINAL FOUR

I have been watching several college basketball games this season and feel this is the most wide-open season in a decade. I really like the Bulldogs chances for a final four appearence this year. They have the Experience, a High Seed, & with a little bit of luck and they might even be playing for the National Title in a month.

Robertmto
02-22-2008, 03:46 PM
BUTLER BULLDOGS 2008 FINAL FOUR

I have been watching several college basketball games this season and feel this is the most wide-open season in a decade. I really like the Bulldogs chances for a final four appearence this year. They have the Experience, a High Seed, & with a little bit of luck and they might even be playing for the National Title in a month.

becuz their big man game is grossssssssssssss

Coop
02-22-2008, 04:09 PM
While I'm not so sure that Butler will make it that far, I do feel very confident in saying that at least one Indiana team will be in the final four. With Notre Dame, Purdue, Butler, and IU all playing very well right now, the state of Indiana promises to be well represented come tourney time.

Jonathan
03-03-2008, 02:34 PM
While I'm not so sure that Butler will make it that far, I do feel very confident in saying that at least one Indiana team will be in the final four. With Notre Dame, Purdue, Butler, and IU all playing very well right now, the state of Indiana promises to be well represented come tourney time.

We will have to wait and see what the pairings look like but IU will be the first Indiana team out of the tourney in an opening round loss. I just feel Eric Gordan is over hyped. I do like Notre Dame and the play of Luke Harangody. Purdue and Notre Dame are both very parrallel teams but I just feel the experienced backcourt of Butler with the development of Howard will get the Bulldogs to the final four.

Raoul Duke
03-03-2008, 04:14 PM
No, Butler won't be playing Horizon League teams in the tournament so don't get too excited about the Final Four. IU will go the furthest.

Jonathan
03-03-2008, 04:20 PM
No, Butler won't be playing Horizon League teams in the tournament so don't get too excited about the Final Four. IU will go the furthest.

Whoever Butler plays better be ready for a ball game. I will bet you five dollars that Butler goes further than IU in the tourney. I just feel IU is very streaky this year. IF ELLIS & Crawford are not hitting their shots they do not play defense. I U will not be playing the weak big ten teams either. The Big Ten is down this year.

Raoul Duke
03-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Whoever Butler plays better be ready for a ball game. I will bet you five dollars that Butler goes further than IU in the tourney. I just feel IU is very streaky this year. IF ELLIS & Crawford are not hitting their shots they do not play defense. I U will not be playing the weak big ten teams either. The Big Ten is down this year.

Weak Big Ten teams? While there are some that aren't too good this year they are still better than the freaking Horizon League. Come on, everyone knows Butler has an easier schedule. I'll do your bet if you want to or we can just do a bet like if IU goes further you change your avatar to the IU logo and vice versa if Butler goes further. Don't get me wrong I like Butler and want them to do well but they are not a better team and the Horizon League is no where near the same level as the Big Ten.

Robertmto
03-04-2008, 06:18 PM
We will have to wait and see what the pairings look like but IU will be the first Indiana team out of the tourney in an opening round loss. I just feel Eric Gordan is over hyped. I do like Notre Dame and the play of Luke Harangody. Purdue and Notre Dame are both very parrallel teams but I just feel the experienced backcourt of Butler with the development of Howard will get the Bulldogs to the final four.

I don't know what to address first. Its like the worst post in histrory, ummmm

Purdue can't hit free throws, and they have no bigs. Out in second round

Butler is HORRIBLE unless they are shooting lights out, and they have no post O or D or rebounders. Out in Sweet Sixteen IF they can hit enough 3's to go that far.

Notre Dame lacks a true takover perimeter player. Out in Sweet Sixteen unless they hit all their 3s.

IU has arguably best big in nation, has arguably best guard in nation, is playing with their hears on there sleeves. Lose in Final 4.

grace
03-04-2008, 06:43 PM
IU has arguably best big in nation, has arguably best guard in nation, is playing with their hears on there sleeves. Lose in Final 4.

Dude, did you watch their last game?

Trader Joe
03-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Am I the only one hoping all the Indiana teams kick *** and take names at this point? Then we can mock the rest of the country for their basketball inferiority.

Robertmto
03-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Dude, did you watch their last game?

we haven't won their in 20 years, i expected worse, sis u watch the first game between the 2 teams?

Am I the only one hoping all the Indiana teams kick *** and take names at this point? Then we can mock the rest of the country for their basketball inferiority.

never thot of it like that

grace
03-05-2008, 03:01 AM
we haven't won their in 20 years, i expected worse, sis u watch the first game between the 2 teams?

If you're asking did I watch the game I think it did.

Jonathan
03-05-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't know what to address first. Its like the worst post in histrory, ummmm

Purdue can't hit free throws, and they have no bigs. Out in second round

Butler is HORRIBLE unless they are shooting lights out, and they have no post O or D or rebounders. Out in Sweet Sixteen IF they can hit enough 3's to go that far.

Notre Dame lacks a true takover perimeter player. Out in Sweet Sixteen unless they hit all their 3s.

Look at your own comments before you call anybody out 19 Year Old Kid

Butler is Horrible.
DJ White best big in the nation
Eric Gordan best guard in the nation.

Your a fool, I am not going to argue with you.

Jonathan
03-05-2008, 02:27 PM

I am hoping for the best and feel we will have at least three teams in the sweet 16 but IU needs to get it together offensively to win in the tourney. I also have noticed when Bassett/Crawford are struglling offensively they struggle defensively as well.

Raoul Duke
03-05-2008, 03:46 PM

Butler is Horrible.

Hey may be a kid but he knows what he is talking about. Just wait until Butler plays real teams, not the Horizon League. DJ is one of the best bigs in the nation and EJ is one of the best guards. You won't find many people who disagree with that.

Robertmto
03-05-2008, 05:13 PM

Butler is Horrible.

Show me where i am a "fool"

Butler is horrible unless they shoot lights out - prove me wrong
DJ White is arguably best big in nation - argue that he isn't top 5
Eric Gordon isn't arguably best guard in nation - argue he isn't top 5

until u can do all 3 of these don't call anyone a fool

grace
03-05-2008, 05:55 PM

I was going to say something, but I've decided to ignore it instead.

Trader Joe
03-05-2008, 06:15 PM

Butler is Horrible.

I think you mean "you're". Just saying before you go calling someone else a fool, you should make sure you have the correct conjunction in the penultimate phrase of your epistle.

Trader Joe
03-05-2008, 06:17 PM
I am hoping for the best and feel we will have at least three teams in the sweet 16 but IU needs to get it together offensively to win in the tourney. I also have noticed when Bassett/Crawford are struglling offensively they struggle defensively as well.

IU and Notre Dame are the most likely teams to be in the sweet 16. Purdue is extremely young, and Butler is extremely one dimensional.

Robertmto
03-05-2008, 10:25 PM
I was going to say something, but I've decided to ignore it instead.

go ahead i actually want to hear opionions from a purdue fan

Jonathan
03-06-2008, 12:01 PM
I think you mean "you're". Just saying before you go calling someone else a fool, you should make sure you have the correct conjunction in the penultimate phrase of your epistle.

OK, I find people that try to correct other grammer on message boards are the biggest losers I know. Thank English Teacher. Get a LIFE. This is b/t Robertmo and myself.

Jonathan
03-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Show me where i am a "fool"

Butler is horrible unless they shoot lights out - prove me wrong
DJ White is arguably best big in nation - argue that he isn't top 5
Eric Gordon isn't arguably best guard in nation - argue he isn't top 5

DJ White is 6'9

Better than him
Harangody (ND)
Padgett (Louisville)
Hibbert (Georgetown)
Singlar (Duke)
Hansbrough (NC)
Beasely (KSU)
Thabeet (UCONN)
Love (UCLA)

Robbie Hummell will show him what time it is if and when IU and Purdue play in the big ten tourney. Purdue will win. Keep drinking your IU Kool Aide and Swallowing E J love juice.

Butler is the most experienced team in Indiana. You will eat your words come tourney time. The Horizon league might not be the greatest but the Big Ten is very down this year. They have four tourney teams and out of those four teams I do not see one in the final.

Jonathan
03-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Hey may be a kid but he knows what he is talking about. Just wait until Butler plays real teams, not the Horizon League. DJ is one of the best bigs in the nation and EJ is one of the best guards. You won't find many people who disagree with that.

We have a five dollar bet you and I

What team loses first in the tourney IU or Butler.
If they both lose same game, No pay out.

Put your money up or shut UP.

Trader Joe
03-06-2008, 01:02 PM
OK, I find people that try to correct other grammer on message boards are the biggest losers I know. Thank English Teacher. Get a LIFE. This is b/t Robertmo and myself.

Look champ, I'm not the one running around calling people out for what age they are or calling them fools.

BTW, Robbie Hummel and DJ already faced off once this year and White put up 19 and 15...on one knee.

Jonathan
03-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Look champ, I'm not the one running around calling people out for what age they are or calling them fools.

BTW, Robbie Hummel and DJ already faced off once this year and White put up 19 and 15...on one knee.

That was in Bloomington with Sampson as the head coach. Purdue is hot, IU is not. They will both have plenty fans at Conseco if they match up. What seed do you see the Hoosiers at in March Madness 4-6, just like all the other Indiana Teams?

Butler will be a fifth or sixth seed

Purdue/IU/Notre Dame all depend on their outcomes in the conferecne tourney's. They will all be between a #3-#6. I have no idea how the bracket will match up but I am hoping for a first round game between one of these schools and UAB.

pwee31
03-06-2008, 02:29 PM
As an IU fan/grad, I hope IU does well in the tourney, but since Sampson left, they aren't playing well at all.

Their defense is just terrible, and they seem to be going one on one a lot more.

They have the talent, but something has to change defensively and chemistry wise for this team to be successful. The Big 10 tournament should say a lot about IU.

I'll also say that Butler is a pretty good team. No matter what conference they're in, or who they lose to, they're a team that's always in the game.

No matter who they play, they play the kind of basketball where they just don't get blown out. Need I remind you that they beat Maryland and almost knocked off Florida last year.

Purdue is a matchup no one wants in the early rounds. They beat Arizona and gave Florida a game as well. They're just gritty and well coached in my opinion.

Notre dame is a question mark. I always feel they have the talent to make a run, but they always seem to disappoint come tourney time. They're in close games but they never seem to win them in the tourney, so I'm not sure what to expect from them.

I think 3 out of the 4 Indiana teams will make the sweet 16. Then it will depends on matchups.

Trader Joe
03-07-2008, 03:57 AM
That was in Bloomington with Sampson as the head coach. Purdue is hot, IU is not. They will both have plenty fans at Conseco if they match up. What seed do you see the Hoosiers at in March Madness 4-6, just like all the other Indiana Teams?

Butler will be a fifth or sixth seed

Purdue/IU/Notre Dame all depend on their outcomes in the conferecne tourney's. They will all be between a #3-#6. I have no idea how the bracket will match up but I am hoping for a first round game between one of these schools and UAB.

Purdue is hot, IU is not...Clearly.:rolleyes:

As far as IU's seed in the tourney they could be as high as a three seed and as low as a six seed. Same goes for Purdue. Assuming they both move to the semi's I'd imagine they are both at least fives. Butler is a five seed right now and thats probably where they should be, any higher than that would be a total joke IMO. Notre Dame will be a 4 or 5 I'd guess.

Robertmto
03-07-2008, 09:16 PM
DJ White is 6'9

and? he is also solid muscle and had a great vert...next

Better than him
Harangody (ND)
Padgett (Louisville)
Hibbert (Georgetown)
Singlar (Duke)
Hansbrough (NC)
Beasely (KSU)
Thabeet (UCONN)
Love (UCLA)

Harrangody is damn good, but isnt as physical as DJ. He won;t be that good on the NBA level

Padgett? You mean the guy who averages less points, rebounds, blocks and steals than DJ?? You're out of your mind

Hibbert also averages less points and rebounds as DJ. He's slow as hell, he's very unathletic and he will get pushed around by DJ any day. Seriously what are you thinking?

Singlar - once AGAIN another person who can't score or rebound or block as much as DJ. And he's 6-7. But u complain about DJ being 6'9??

Hansborough is the only person I think is better than DJ. And its a toss up.

Beasly isn't a big man at all. He'll be a wing in the NBA. I REALLY don't believe he's 6'10 and he'd get abused int he post by DJ.

Thabeet - He's like Hibbert Jr. Another slow, unatheltic guy that does'nt score or rebound as much as DJ and he's damn near a foot taller and he's got strength issues.

Love - He's not 6'10. He's more of a 6'7-8. He looks little compared to Real. He needs to be more consistent with the mid range game. Probably the 4th best big in the nation behid DJ, Hansborough and Kenny Freakin George.

Robbie Hummell will show him what time it is if and when IU and Purdue play in the big ten tourney. Purdue will win. Keep drinking your IU Kool Aide and Swallowing E J love juice.

Robbie tried once and failed. Purdue won't win because they can't hit free throws, they can't guard DJ or EJ without sending them to the line and they toss up 3s like they are going out of style and they barely ever hit.

Butler is the most experienced team in Indiana. You will eat your words come tourney time. The Horizon league might not be the greatest but the Big Ten is very down this year. They have four tourney teams and out of those four teams I do not see one in the final.

ONE team in the Horizon is better than maybe 6 of the teams in the Big Ten.

Eleven teams in the Big Ten are better than every team in the Horizon exept for Butler.

5 teams are better than Butler.

Your entire post was just proved false. Try Again. Game Over

Jonathan
03-08-2008, 10:37 PM
and? he is also solid muscle and had a great vert...next

Harrangody is damn good, but isnt as physical as DJ. He won;t be that good on the NBA level.
He runs the floor way better than DJ. Who knows how well he will be in the NBA. I hope he does great because him, Conley Jr, & Oden were all on the same all star team for Indiana.

Padgett? You mean the guy who averages less points, rebounds, blocks and steals than DJ?? You're out of your mind
Padgett is very comparable to DJ White. Both teams would not be anything w/o either.

Hibbert also averages less points and rebounds as DJ. He's slow as hell, he's very unathletic and he will get pushed around by DJ any day. Seriously what are you thinking?

Singlar - once AGAIN another person who can't score or rebound or block as much as DJ. And he's 6-7. But u complain about DJ being 6'9?? He also plays the perimeter can pass and shoot from there something DJ cannot do. Very Comparable

Hansborough is the only person I think is better than DJ. And its a toss up.

Beasly isn't a big man at all. He'll be a wing in the NBA. I REALLY don't believe he's 6'10 and he'd get abused int he post by DJ. DJ White is 6'9 and Beasely would take DJ to the rack all day.

Thabeet - He's like Hibbert Jr. Another slow, unatheltic guy that does'nt score or rebound as much as DJ and he's damn near a foot taller and he's got strength issues. UConn beat IU in Bloomington. DJ has yet to prove his worth against a quality team with good big men.

Love - He's not 6'10. He's more of a 6'7-8. He looks little compared to Real. He needs to be more consistent with the mid range game. Probably the 4th best big in the nation behid DJ, Hansborough and Kenny Freakin George.

Robbie tried once and failed. Purdue won't win because they can't hit free throws, they can't guard DJ or EJ without sending them to the line and they toss up 3s like they are going out of style and they barely ever hit.

ONE team in the Horizon is better than maybe 6 of the teams in the Big Ten. I would like to see how the speed of Cleveland State matches up against these big ten teams and Wright State would also challenge the top 6.

Eleven teams in the Big Ten are better than every team in the Horizon exept for Butler.
I would like to see how the speed of Cleveland State matches up against these big ten teams and Wright State would be a mid level big ten team this year.

5 teams are better than Butler. No way Purdue, IU, Wisconsin, Michigan State all maybe. They need to play each other but Butler is not scared of any of them but OSU got housed h2h by Butler

Your entire post was just proved false. Try Again. Game Over
You think DJ White is such a good big man but he has problems ie no perimeter game at 6'9. Cannot handle the ball.

I did not even bring up B Lopez of Stanford. I listed ten guys that you could say are better than DJ so he is not a top 5 big at 6'9 in the NCAA. I WIN!!!

Just Admit your an IU HOMER and think they are the great.

Jonathan
03-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Purdue is hot, IU is not...Clearly.:rolleyes:

As far as IU's seed in the tourney they could be as high as a three seed and as low as a six seed. Same goes for Purdue. Assuming they both move to the semi's I'd imagine they are both at least fives. Butler is a five seed right now and thats probably where they should be, any higher than that would be a total joke IMO. Notre Dame will be a 4 or 5 I'd guess.

IF ND wins the big east they will be a 3 along with IU if they win the Big Ten. These post seasons tourneys really matter this year.

Trader Joe
03-08-2008, 10:41 PM
The chances of Notre Dame winning the Big East are slim and none.

Coop
03-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Wow, at first I thought this could possibly turn into a decent discussion. Since when did Butler start producing trolls? I thought that position was reserved for Purdue fans.

Robertmto
03-09-2008, 01:53 AM
You think DJ White is such a good big man but he has problems ie no perimeter game at 6'9. Cannot handle the ball.

DJ White hits 15-17 footers all the time. Do you even watch him? And why would you want him to handle the ball? He's not a wing. And he does actually pass pretty well out of the post. Although he throws up a few too many bad shots.

I did not even bring up B Lopez of Stanford.

because he's not better than DJ in any faucet of the game. except for size.

I listed ten guys that you could say are better than DJ so he is not a top 5 big at 6'9 in the NCAA. I WIN!!!

why do you keep bringing up his height? Yet you bring up 2-3 ppl smaller than him and claim they are better. And actually you named 1 person better than DJ.

Just Admit your an IU HOMER and think they are the great.

I'm a huge fan and I do think they are great.

Are you gonna back up any of your claims orjust keep spewin more and more BS and claim you "win"??

Jonathan
03-09-2008, 08:49 AM
DJ White hits 15-17 footers all the time. Do you even watch him? And why would you want him to handle the ball? He's not a wing. And he does actually pass pretty well out of the post. Although he throws up a few too many bad shots.

because he's not better than DJ in any faucet of the game. except for size.

why do you keep bringing up his height? Yet you bring up 2-3 ppl smaller than him and claim they are better. And actually you named 1 person better than DJ.

I'm a huge fan and I do think they are great.

Are you gonna back up any of your claims orjust keep spewin more and more BS and claim you "win"??

I have backed every claim I have made. DJ White is listed at 6'9 so anybody 6'7 and bigger would qualify as a big man. Due to DJ White not being able to handle the ball and the fact IU has not a top tier team all year he will not make my top five big men in the NCAA this year. He is a solid player, a great leader, and nice dude; but he is not hands down a top 5 big man. You can throw his name in the mix.

Jonathan
03-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Wow, at first I thought this could possibly turn into a decent discussion. Since when did Butler start producing trolls? I thought that position was reserved for Purdue fans.

I orginally posted this thread b/f Butler lost to Drake. I still believe they can make the final four this year. Last night I watched Nat Campbell (36 year old boxer/ Grandad) whip Diaz (undeafeated 25 year old/ Champ) In his home town. You cannot count out hungry veterans that have nothing to lose. I would love to see the game Butler vs IU in the sweet 16. I will be rooting for the bulldogs. Matt Howard would not match up against DJ White, The Washington INdiana native Drew Stricker would.

Diss Drew Stricker all you want, but the kid deserves everybody's respect for being an outstanding student athlete and teammate.

Robertmto
03-09-2008, 05:11 PM
I have backed every claim I have made. DJ White is listed at 6'9 so anybody 6'7 and bigger would qualify as a big man. Due to DJ White not being able to handle the ball and the fact IU has not a top tier team all year he will not make my top five big men in the NCAA this year. He is a solid player, a great leader, and nice dude; but he is not hands down a top 5 big man. You can throw his name in the mix.

You've backed up every claim you've made? WTF? You haven't backed up ONE CLAIM!

Whats with the 6'7 logic? Honestly. Answer that. Huh?

So since IU isn't a top 5 team none of their players are top 5 big men? Well then No Hibbert, Thabeet, Beasly, Harrangody, Lopez and Padgett.

See how that "logic" works out? That means top 5 big men in the league are Hansborough, Dorsey, Love, Wayne Chism and Darrell Artuhur :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jonathan
03-16-2008, 01:02 AM
You've backed up every claim you've made? WTF? You haven't backed up ONE CLAIM!

Whats with the 6'7 logic? Honestly. Answer that. Huh?

So since IU isn't a top 5 team none of their players are top 5 big men? Well then No Hibbert, Thabeet, Beasly, Harrangody, Lopez and Padgett.

See how that "logic" works out? That means top 5 big men in the league are Hansborough, Dorsey, Love, Wayne Chism and Darrell Artuhur :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You think IU is a great team. Ha HA . If you get beat by the likes of Minnesota and Penn State your not a great team.

DJ White is listed at 6'9 . You can compare any player him t 6'7 and taller in the list of top five big men in college basketball then.

I think DJ White is maybe a top 15 Big in NCAA and EJ is not a top five guard in NCAA ball right now either. IU needs to watch some films of Butler and learn ball movement on offense or else they will not win one game in the tourney. They will be a #7 -#10 seed.

I started this thread and said Butler (the best team in the state) will make the final four. You have attacked me personally for criticizing your great Hoosier Basketball team. Their recent play has proven me right.

Jonathan
03-16-2008, 01:04 AM

Do you still feel this way today. IU cannot even beat Minnesota or win a close game. I blame Mike Davis for not signing recruiting in state ie George Hill.

Big Smooth
03-16-2008, 02:32 AM
You think IU is a great team. Ha HA . If you get beat by the likes of Minnesota and Penn State your not a great team.

DJ White is listed at 6'9 . You can compare any player him t 6'7 and taller in the list of top five big men in college basketball then.

I think DJ White is maybe a top 15 Big in NCAA and EJ is not a top five guard in NCAA ball right now either. IU needs to watch some films of Butler and learn ball movement on offense or else they will not win one game in the tourney. They will be a #7 -#10 seed.

I started this thread and said Butler (the best team in the state) will make the final four. You have attacked me personally for criticizing your great Hoosier Basketball team. Their recent play has proven me right.

I've been reading this thread and generally agreed with you from the start but don't go creating a batch of bad karma for Butler with all this I TOLD YOU SO stuff. Butler has a fine team this season and they very well could make a run but at the same time, they are vulnerable to the early upset just like any other team.

Anyone claiming that IU would advance the furthest of the state teams was dreaming though. This team hasn't played a solid game since Sampson's swan song game against Purdue.

Robertmto
03-16-2008, 09:51 PM

I attacked you personally? Ummmm where? I believe you were the one doing that.

And you still are making zero sense with the whole 6'7 thing

Isaac
03-16-2008, 09:55 PM
You read it here first: Stanford is going to the final 4.

Big Smooth
03-16-2008, 10:04 PM

I already read that on another board, sorry. :D

Robertmto
03-16-2008, 11:16 PM

I like Marquette over Stanford

Isaac
03-19-2008, 01:57 AM
I like Kentucky over Marquette. :)

I think Stanford has a chance to get tripped up before the elite eight, but if they do get there I think they beat Memphis. They contain dribble penatration very well and that's what fuels Memphis in the halfcourt. If Stanford can slow the pace a little big and give them a good dose of Lopez ball (which they do so well) they can beat Memphis.

I also like Louisville to beat North Carolina and go to the final four. Pitino is one of the few guys that can come up with a gameplan to beat a balanced team like North Carolina and I think if Louisville had been healthy all year they'd be a one or two seed. They stumbled in the big east tourny, but before then they had been playing the type of ball I expected from them after last years tournament.

Robertmto
03-19-2008, 04:28 AM
I like IU over UNC :)

James Bond
03-19-2008, 11:06 AM
I like IU over UNC :)

:crazy::lol:

Jonathan
03-19-2008, 11:29 AM
If IU vs UNC happens It should be an excellent matchup
DJ White vs Tyler Hansborough
Can DJ stay out of foul trouble? Will D Thomas be a factor?
EJ is due for a break out game When will it happen?

Another matchup I am excited for if it happens is
Love vs Thabeet
UCLA vs UCONN.

Tenn vs Butler (IF it happens)
Tenn is athletic are they discplined enough to play 35 seconds of defense?
Tyler Smith/Chris Lofton vs Mike Green/ Team D.

I just hope the refs do not control any of these games by giving two quick fouls.

Robertmto
03-19-2008, 05:55 PM
:crazy::lol:

Good critical breakdown. IU matches up perfect with UNC. IT'll be a great game

Trader Joe
03-19-2008, 09:39 PM
IF and I mean big IF the IU that played Mich St and Purdue at home shows up at this tourney then all bets are off. On paper IU does matchup pretty well with UNC maybe even better than they matchup with Arkansas.

Raoul Duke
03-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Well I believe you win Johnny Boy. IU disappoints me yet again.

Jonathan
03-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Well I believe you win Johnny Boy. IU disappoints me yet again.

You have nothing to due with IU losing, I too am a fan and alumni.

I blame the team for quitting on Dakich (outside of DJ White & EJ)
Ellis & Crawford just did not give full effort.

I also blame Mike Davis for not recruiting well in state
George Hill & Harongody

I am guilty of using Mike Davis as a scapegoat. Isiah Thomas as well.

Robertmto
03-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Well, Lets go Dame and Butler!!!!

And ummmm I guess Purdue? :blush:

JayRedd
03-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Got to this thread late obviously, but just want to say that there's no way DJ White is better than Hansborough, Love, Thabeet or Lopez.

Coop
03-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Thabeet is a shot blocker...that's all he is. His defense is terrible for his size/athleticism and he isn't a scorer. Yes, Thabeet has much more upside. But as of right now, DJ is heads and shoulders above him as a complete basketball player. I would say he is better than Lopez as well while Love is arguable. I will admit that Hansbrough is a better all around player but it would have been fun to see in the 2nd round.

Robertmto
03-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Well it looks like its Let's Go Butler!

Robertmto
03-23-2008, 09:06 PM
I guess we were both wrong

Jonathan
03-24-2008, 02:58 PM
I guess we were both wrong

The original comment of a high seed gave me a loop hole; so therefore I was not wrong. I was wrong for taking Pitt & Georgetown far.

James Bond
03-25-2008, 10:57 AM
And I'm just wrong in general.

My bracket is so screwed now it is just ridiculous...

:(

Isaac
03-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Thabeet is a shot blocker...that's all he is. His defense is terrible for his size/athleticism and he isn't a scorer. Yes, Thabeet has much more upside. But as of right now, DJ is heads and shoulders above him as a complete basketball player. I would say he is better than Lopez as well while Love is arguable. I will admit that Hansbrough is a better all around player but it would have been fun to see in the 2nd round.

You have obviously not watched any Stanford games this year.

Lopez>Hansborough>Love>DJ White>Thabeet.

Brook Lopez will be a top 5 pick this year he is better then White in every possible way.