PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain to me the whole...

Twes
02-19-2008, 05:09 PM
ROT IN Hell thing?

I mean as it relates to the recurring theme in posts.

Pig Nash
02-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Shade started it with Rot in Hell Toshiba and Newegg and it basically is just what you put in the title if you want to rant about something.

Natston
02-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Shade started it with Rot in Hell Toshiba and Newegg and it basically is just what you put in the title if you want to rant about something.

I thought it was va that start'em...

Twes
02-20-2008, 02:54 PM

Got it.

What did Newegg do to rot in hell?

SoupIsGood
02-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Yeah, VA started these a long time ago.

Twes
02-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Rot In Hell it is

Bball
02-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Got it.

What did Newegg do to rot in hell?

They sold Shade a Toshiba laptop. Then said laptop had problems and Newegg referred him to Toshiba. Toshiba didn't fix it (tho they did take it in for repair... maybe several times) and there was a terrible runaround involved. I don't remember if Toshiba referred him back to Newegg at any point or not, but I do remember Newegg wouldn't make it right no matter what... and kept referring him to Toshiba.

I'm sure Shade would love to tell you all about it. He really loves both Toshiba and Newegg these days! ;)

-Bball

Twes
02-21-2008, 07:28 PM
They sold Shade a Toshiba laptop. Then said laptop had problems and Newegg referred him to Toshiba. Toshiba didn't fix it (tho they did take it in for repair... maybe several times) and there was a terrible runaround involved. I don't remember if Toshiba referred him back to Newegg at any point or not, but I do remember Newegg wouldn't make it right no matter what... and kept referring him to Toshiba.

I'm sure Shade would love to tell you all about it. He really loves both Toshiba and Newegg these days! ;)

-Bball

Wow that's not good. I bought a monitor from them a while back.

Sounds like I'm lucky I didn't have problems.

Pig Nash
02-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Oh, if it was VA, my bad. Shade was the first one i remembered.

Bball
02-22-2008, 02:26 AM
Wow that's not good. I bought a monitor from them a while back.

Sounds like I'm lucky I didn't have problems.

I think the sticking point was laptops (and maybe desktops too) have a different 'guarantee' from Newegg than most of the other items they sell. There was lots of defense of Newegg with people who couldn't believe Shade was having a problem with them... people who had nothing but good experiences with Newegg.

Much like the Pacer lockerroom, there's always a bad egg in there somewhere... even at Newegg...

-Bball

N8R
02-22-2008, 03:02 AM
ROT IN HELL TWES

Sorry

Twes
02-22-2008, 08:22 AM
I think the sticking point was laptops (and maybe desktops too) have a different 'guarantee' from Newegg than most of the other items they sell. There was lots of defense of Newegg with people who couldn't believe Shade was having a problem with them... people who had nothing but good experiences with Newegg.

Much like the Pacer lockerroom, there's always a bad egg in there somewhere... even at Newegg...

-Bball

Exactly. Sucks for Shade. I know poeple who want nothing to do with Dell for similar reasons. You find yourself in one of those nightmares and it's tough to get out.

I also bought a couple of compact flash cards from Newegg dirt cheap.
They've worked flawlessly for a fraction of what many places sell them.

:cool:

Twes
02-22-2008, 08:22 AM
ROT IN HELL TWES

Sorry

Did somebody **** in your cornflakes this morning?

:cool: