PDA

View Full Version : Falcons cut Crumpler

Jonathan
02-15-2008, 04:00 PM
I feel 100% we need to bring this guy in for an interview. He is in his seventh season; does he want a superbowl or money? This could be a player that brings us over the Patriots and Chargers. Our red zone offensive is very shaky and this guy can catch the ball at the TE position.

Moses
02-15-2008, 05:37 PM
I highly doubt he signs with the Colts mainly because they already have a guy named Dallas Clark who is better at both blocking and receiving.

Crumpler is a talented guy and I think he'll be a great pick up for any team in need of a receiving TE..but the Falcons cut him for a reason. He whines all the time and he constantly shows up to camp out of shape. My bet is that he signs with a team like Minnesota, Seattle, TB, or Buffalo...all of those teams are in desperate need of a playmaker at TE.

btowncolt
02-15-2008, 06:12 PM
He's one of the few receivers in the league who would probably catch the ball better if it were covered in butter.

Moses
02-15-2008, 06:54 PM
He's one of the few receivers in the league who would probably catch the ball better if it were covered in butter.
http://www.nflspain.com/fotos/2005/williams_mike.jpg

SoupIsGood
02-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Well, it would be nice if the Colts could find a 2nd TE better than Ben "Slow and Fumbley" Utecht. Peyton favors the 2TE set, and who knows if Marv will be healthy enough to allow for 3WR sets very often.

But I'd rather draft someone.

aero
02-15-2008, 07:49 PM
I highly doubt he signs with the Colts mainly because they already have a guy named Dallas Clark who is better at both blocking and receiving.

Crumpler is a talented guy and I think he'll be a great pick up for any team in need of a receiving TE..but the Falcons cut him for a reason. He whines all the time and he constantly shows up to camp out of shape. My bet is that he signs with a team like Minnesota, Seattle, TB, or Buffalo...all of those teams are in desperate need of a playmaker at TE.

agreed

Jonathan
02-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Crumpler would not be a problem if he wanted a superbowl ring (Randy Moss). The organization could work out a contract that would not let him be a problem. Our problem in every single loss last year was red zone offense and we have to correct that in order to get another ring. This is an option I would encourage the Colts to look at.
We also do not have a large number of picks this year and we need to draft other Positions than TE's. (D Line, LB, CB, KR/RB, O line)

Moses
02-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Crumpler would not be a problem if he wanted a superbowl ring (Randy Moss). The organization could work out a contract that would not let him be a problem. Our problem in every single loss last year was red zone offense and we have to correct that in order to get another ring. This is an option I would encourage the Colts to look at.
We also do not have a large number of picks this year and we need to draft other Positions than TE's. (D Line, LB, CB, KR/RB, O line)
I do agree that he wouldn't mind joining a team like the Colts, but the Colts probably wont even make him a offer. Reports are that the Bucs are already heavily pursuing him...and they have 30 million dollars in cap space to make a deal with him. Combine that with the fact that Crumpler has a home in the South and it's almost a virtual guarantee he will end up being signed by the Bucs in the next month. Theres no doubt that he could help any team he plays for..but the Colts have many more pressing needs then a playmaking TE.