PDA

View Full Version : The Rick and Jerome Show

MagicRat
06-02-2004, 08:18 PM
The Carlisle Show is off to a fine start.

Rick says Jermaine has a bone bruise and it will take 4-6 months to heal completely. No mention of any ligament tears.

"Let's see if we can get some chicks to call in tonight"-Rick Carlisle
"I'm all for that"-Mark Boyle

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Jerome did go off on a nice rant

sweabs
06-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Can anyone tape this to get it up on the FTP server please??? Or anyone able to get a transcript?

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Can anyone tape this to get it up on the FTP server please??? Or anyone able to get a transcript?

If anyone can type that quick , I will declare them a Demi God

sweabs
06-02-2004, 08:30 PM

If anyone can type that quick , I will declare them a Demi God

:laugh: - well I didn't know if you could get one from somewhere off a site? :blush: .

Unclebuck
06-02-2004, 08:31 PM
Very entertaining show, Rick seems very relaxed.

And he is saying some intresting things about trading a small forward for some guard help. I don't want to overstate that, but he has basically said there will be a trade or two this summer and he said that they are overloaded at the small forward position twice in 25 minutes

sweabs
06-02-2004, 08:32 PM

And he is saying some intresting things about trading a small forward for some guard help. I don't want to overstate that, but he has basically said there will be a trade or two this summer and he said that they are overloaded at the small forward position twice in 25 minutes

:devil: :dance: :dance: :dance: .
YEAH RICK!!!

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 08:36 PM
you can listen online , if you want ...wibc.com

sweabs
06-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Really? I'll try that.

sweabs
06-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Nice it's working - SWEEEET.

Hicks
06-02-2004, 08:52 PM
ALL. YEAR. LONG. I come online, and see this post when there's 5 minutes left in the show.

So did Rick really say they're gonna trade a SF for a G? Wow; I didn't think the coach would come out and just say that. Now I'm even more interested in this offseason.

sweabs
06-02-2004, 09:00 PM
Dang - the first time I realize I can listen to the show and it's the last night :cry:.

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 09:01 PM
I did hear him say earlier we were a Tad bit bloated at the 3 , I guess we will find out later rather than sooner and he avoided the reggie question well , but I didn't expect him to answer that anyways :laugh:

Indyfan
06-02-2004, 09:20 PM
I can't believe I missed this show! MagicRat, did you tape it?? Please say yes! I checked the site for the show yesterday and again today and it didn't say anything about! I'm so bummed I missed the last show!

Doug in CO
06-02-2004, 09:24 PM
who is Jerome? We have a rather famous one that calls WFAN out here - coincidence?

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 09:27 PM
who is Jerome? We have a rather famous one that calls WFAN out here - coincidence?

Dunno he was a cool Pacers fan and he kinda took over the show for a few mins til Mark Reminded him it was Ricks 's Show and not Jerome's :laugh:

Kegboy
06-02-2004, 10:17 PM

Translation: Bye Bye Al.

Or maybe he was talking about James Jones. :blush:

Unclebuck
06-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Hicks, Rick did not come out and say that the pacers will trade a small forward for a guard.

But he said twice that they are overloaded at small forward, that for a few years now the roster has been unbalanced, and he said that larry and Donnie have talked about it.

let me say this if we can see that this team needs guard help, believe me Rick, Donnie and Larry can see it.

Someone called in about Dampier, Rick did not say too much but did say that the Pacers along with many teams would be interested.

My own impresssion is Rick is expecting a trade

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 11:17 PM
My own impresssion is Rick is expecting a trade

There is no doubt by rick's comments and his tone we do some offseason trading, will it be good trades I guess we shall see :neutral:

MagicRat
06-02-2004, 11:25 PM
First of all, I would never tape anything......

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/CarlisleShowJune22004.mp3

B.) I couldn't find a picture of an unbalanced rooster, but this one is a little crooked.......
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/rooster.jpg

*Edit-No fair editing and ruining the comedy!.....*

Hoop
06-03-2004, 01:43 AM
Thanks MagicRat. "Christian Gangsta Rap" :rotflmao:

Will Galen
06-03-2004, 02:31 AM
After listening to Rick say we are unblanced at the three, and hearing what he said about Bender, I think either Ron or Al will be traded. I think which one of them we trade will depend on who we can get for each.

Hicks
06-03-2004, 02:36 AM
After listening to Rick say we are unblanced at the three, and hearing what he said about Bender, I think either Ron or Al will be traded. I think which one of them we trade will depend on who we can get for each.

Yeah, same here.

able
06-03-2004, 05:13 AM
I had the feeling, despite other rumours circling here, that Ron will not be traded, JO, Ron, Jamaal were mentioned as the people to build around, if you're intending to build around, among others, Ron, then trading would not be a good idea :D

Yes, we have a logjam at the 3 and yes, I think Al will be gone.

Also either there is so much going on with Ron that would be detriment to the team that we don't know about and imo that is hardly possible, would they have made him captain if that was the case, or he is very very secure of his spot, consider the fact Al makes more money and is defintely not in the same class.

I will write some thoughts down later today on all of this, as most have done or will do.

debohstheman
06-03-2004, 11:24 AM
i personally hope that ron is NOT traded ever. I think Bender has looked more and more aggressive (and physical) and will really be a star if given consistent minutes....

he is the shooter and slasher that we need
he is also an excellent help defender (very well timed blocks vs. detroit)

i think the pacers should trade al to fill in their hole at SG and let bender develop as the 6th man