PDA

View Full Version : obvious stuff

FireTheCoach
06-02-2004, 11:45 AM
My God... this stuff is all so regurgitated and obvious that I hesitate even writing it.

The Pacers need a SG that can create his own shots.

Our offense works from the forwards out to the perimeter. If JO or Artest get pinned in they have to kick it out to the guards who need to be able to create the shot. This team doesn't play like the 90's teams in which screens were set to get the guard open for easy looks. Those days have been over for at least 3 years now.... we need a 2 thats got good ball handling skills and can penetrate/finish and a 1 that can hit a consistant long ball. Basically the backcourt remains the Pacers biggest weakness as it has been for about 4 years now. Don't get me wrong... I have always been supportive of Tins... but a PG off the bench that was a legit 3 point threat would be HUGE for this team. Hopefully Freddy will emerge as an impact type of 2 guard next season.... we shall see. I have a lot of confidence in him.

I'm not even gonna say anything about Miller..... I've already said everything I've got to say about him and his role on this team YEARS ago. We need to acquire a high profile FA 2 that can support Freddy until such time as he proves he is capable of taking over as our starting sg. Reggie is sooooo far past finished.....

We really need another quality PF or C. Artest can usually make do at guarding most PFs in the league but he's not big enough to sustain effective D against the best PFs in the league. And Foster has extremely limited offense. Damn it I wish we had a PJ Brown or a Kurt Thomas on this team.....

OK.... for next season my wish list is as follows

I don't want to see:
-Reggie in a Pacer uniform
-Al in a Pacer uniform
-Austin in a Pacer uniform

I DO want to see:
-Tracy McGrady in a Pacers uniform
-Kurt Thomas in a Pacers uniform

I know I know.... it won't happen, but I can wish for it anyway.

LOL.... Reggie, Al and Austin need to go and we need another quality bigman. Holy flurking shnit.... I'm still griping about the same things I was griping about in 00-01. Hey, at least Isiah isn't around anymore, actually, thats the only thing on my b!tch list thats been attended to by Walsh. I really need to have a long sit down conversation with him one of these days.

DisplacedKnick
06-02-2004, 12:13 PM
I'd get you KT but I don't know what you'd want to trade for him.

I like him a LOT but he doesn't fit with the team we have now. He would fit with the Pacers very nicely.

My inclination would be to deal him for Al and pieces but I don't know if the Pacers would go for it - maybe if the "and pieces" was Scott Pollard.

indygeezer
06-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Bird and Isaiah working a deal on the phone...boy would I like to hear that conversation.

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 12:45 PM
Well until Tmac is Offically on the Market , which he isn't you can keep dreaming :laugh: