PDA

View Full Version : punch to the gut losses as a sports fan- this was a solid #2

Slick Pinkham
02-04-2008, 03:31 PM
background: I grew up in Indiana, pre Indy Colts, following the Pacers, IU since a kid. Lated I adopted the Red Sox and Patriots after moving East.

--------------------
the toughest losses:

#1 1975, IU basketball, loses to Kentucky in the regional finals, perfect season destroyed (but 1 year later they did it!)

#2 last night

#3 Aaron Boone/Grady Little/F'in Yankees

#4 IU loses to Ted V and Duke, final 4, 1992, corrupt officiating

#5 Pacers lose on LJ 4-point play

#6 Pacers lose game 4 of finals in OT after Shaq fouled out in regulation

---
Bucky Dent doesn't make the list since in 1978 I wasn't yet a Red Sox fan. Bill Buckner 1986 is close-- I was becoming a follower though not really a die-hard fan, so I didn't die with that play like some.

The Kentucky loss was worst of all because:

1) KY was not the better team
2) Scott May's arm was broken (IU's best player)

Drilling a hole in my head without anesthetic would ranking between #1 and #2 on the pain scale.

Taking a Bob Sanders helmet hit to my unprotected groin would be between about #4 and #5.

naptownmenace
02-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Look on the bright side. At least you didn't buy that 19-0 book and matching T-Shirt.

Or did you?

JK ;)

idioteque
02-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Here are mine, Pacers and Colts:

1.) Game 7 of the ECF to the Bulls, I really thought we had a chance to beat them.

2.) AFC championship lost to the Steelers, a game if, played a year later with the replay rules, the Colts would have most likely won.

3.) First ECF loss to the Knicks

4.) 1999 Colts Divisional loss to the Titans, which started all the Manning is a choker talk.

5.) 2000 NBA Finals, yes the Lakers were the better team, but we had plenty of opportunities to at least take that series to a 7th game, who knows what would have happened?

TheDon
02-04-2008, 05:18 PM
:rotflmao: The YouTubers are really on top of things....enjoy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2VkVq4POnUk&feature=related

Shade
02-04-2008, 09:49 PM
#4 IU loses to Ted V and Duke, final 4, 1992, corrupt officiating

That's my #1. Still gets my blood boiling to this day, and I've hated Duke ever since. :pissed:

Worst. Officiated. Game. Ever. No joke.