PDA

View Full Version : The only bad thing about the Pats losing...

idioteque
02-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Is hearing the geriatric 1972 Dolphins jabber on and on about how perfect they are.

The Mercury Morris quote that anyone can beat anyone on any given Sunday EXCEPT in 1972 is especially annoying, although it is true. :censored:

Those guys just irritate me, you didn't see Peyton openly rooting against Brady in breaking the TD record this year. I've never seen anyone guard their record so closely.

In was rooting for the Giants in the SB this year and I'm glad they won, but I would have been rooting hard for any other 18-0 team to win the thing just so the 72 Dolphins would shut the :censored: up.

Sollozzo
02-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah, but just imagine how insufferable it would have been to see Tedy Bruschi and Roidney Harrison pop champagne for the next 35 years..........

The Dolphins may be annoying, but the Pats would have been about 10000000000 times worse.

McClintic Sphere
02-04-2008, 12:57 PM
I agree with Adam, I will take Don Shula, Mercury Morris, Don Keuchenberg et. al. everyday of the week, rather than have the most detestible team in sports be perfect.

Kegboy
02-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah, they're all gonna die soon enough, anyway. Besides, they come off as pathetic has beens.

Moses
02-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah, they're all gonna die soon enough, anyway. Besides, they come off as pathetic has beens.
Agreed.

I think half of todays NFL teams could have gone undefeated in 1972..mainly because of the talent level differential. With that said, I don't think we'll ever see a team go 19-0 as long as the salary cap stays in place..but it's set to come undone in 2010 if the current owners terminate the CBA in 2008..which is very likely to happen. Hopefully they'll renegotiate a new CBA before the salary cap is gone.

Doug
02-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Well, if I'm the co-owner of the of the most unique accomplishments in sports, I'd be pretty proud of that.

And I'm sure as heck rooting against the Patriots (or anybody for that matter).

How many of you rooted against the Patriots with much less personally at stake?

Oh, and you know that whole "they all pop champaign when the last undefeated team loses" thing is an urban legend, right?

http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/miami72.asp

grace
02-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Well, if I'm the co-owner of the of the most unique accomplishments in sports, I'd be pretty proud of that.

There's being proud and then there's acting like an idiot.

DisapointedPacerFan
02-06-2008, 10:16 PM
I could care less about the Dolphins. As long as the Patriots don't get 19-0, I'm 100% happy.

bmac
02-07-2008, 10:39 AM
As a kid I always loved the Dolphins but when Jimmy Johnson took over and Dan Marino retired I just quit following them. It took about 10 years of the Colts being in Indy before I exclusively followed them and quit caring about the Dolphins. Since I was born in 1972 I have some extra personal reasons to like that undefeated club.

How can you not like Czonka and Griese, Warfield and Jake Scott among others? Those guys are legends!

Having the Patriots go undefeated would have been craptacular, since I just detest that franchise.

jeffg-body
02-07-2008, 03:50 PM
The only bad thing about the Pats losing is we have to keep hearing about it.

grace
02-07-2008, 04:55 PM
The only bad thing about the Pats losing is we have to keep hearing about it.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it.

grace
02-07-2008, 04:58 PM
How can you not like Czonka and Griese, Warfield and Jake Scott among others? Those guys are legends!

I have more of a problem with Nick Buoniconti and Mercury Morris. But then I can't stand Michael Jordan either. :shrug: