PDA

View Full Version : Remember The Detlef Schrempf Trade?

Steveman
06-02-2004, 02:22 AM
Detlef Schrempf to Seatle for Derrick McKey.

The fans hated that deal and wanted to run Donnie Walsh outta town on a rail. Why did we do it? We needed a defensive stopper and it allowed Dale Davis to start and become the force he eventually became.

I think we need to trade Ron for similar but different reasons. We now need a consistent outside scorer. And who said JO would never be the MVP as long as Artest is on the team? We need an inside outside game. It may also allow Al to start, which is what Al wants and his game might greatly improve. Man I wish Al was just a little taller/bigger and could play center :D

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 02:25 AM
Waaaaaaaaaay TO many options out there this summer for SG

Artestaholic
06-02-2004, 02:30 AM
Steveman see my thread....http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3847

Anthem
06-02-2004, 02:36 AM
If one of them has to go, I'd rather trade Al and keep Artest, thank you very much.

beast23
06-02-2004, 03:18 AM
Artest would be desired by every team in the league. Al would start for at leat 10, maybe even 20, teams in the league.

Ron is consistent at both ends of the floor. Al has not been consistent at all, but certainly has his productive moments. Al wants to "be the man". Ron is the reigning DPOY and "IS the man", along with JO.

Al makes more than Ron but is nowhere near the player that Ron is. We have Ron locked up for longer term than Al.

So you want to trade Artest over Al.

Ludicrous. Absolutely ludicrous. It will NEVER happen.

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 03:22 AM
yeah I find it amazing people wanna keep al and trade ron.

I think the Magic if they lose Tmac will need more , so us to offer 3 players is a good deal for them and Just offering Artest for Tmac is never gonna be a deal.

Steveman
06-02-2004, 03:51 AM
Artest would be desired by every team in the league. Al would start for at leat 10, maybe even 20, teams in the league.

Ron is consistent at both ends of the floor. Al has not been consistent at all, but certainly has his productive moments. Al wants to "be the man". Ron is the reigning DPOY and "IS the man", along with JO.

Al makes more than Ron but is nowhere near the player that Ron is. We have Ron locked up for longer term than Al.

So you want to trade Artest over Al.

Ludicrous. Absolutely ludicrous. It will NEVER happen.

Would you have traded Detlef Schrempf for Derrick McKey?

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 03:53 AM
Would you have traded Detlef Schrempf for Derrick McKey?

YES , I would have

Steveman
06-02-2004, 03:54 AM

I think the Magic if they lose Tmac will need more , so us to offer 3 players is a good deal for them and Just offering Artest for Tmac is never gonna be a deal.

But would you trade Artest for Tmac straight up if offered? How about Artest+Bender for Tmac?

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 03:55 AM
No and NO

I would trade anyone other than JO , Ron and Tins

Steveman
06-02-2004, 03:57 AM
I'm not saying that I want to trade Ron and keep Al. I'm saying that if we can get Tmac for Artest and some baggage, I'd do it.

Steveman
06-02-2004, 04:04 AM
No and NO

I would trade anyone other than JO , Ron and Tins

So next year you want to see a repeat of what just happened? IMO, The only untouchables are JO and Tins. We must improve to advance and Brent Barry just "ain't" going to get us over the top. We need an Allen, Tmac, etc. and only Artest will bring that kind of talent.

Artestaholic
06-02-2004, 04:12 AM
I agree. TheSauceMaster doesn't seem to relieze how good T-Mac is.

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 04:21 AM
I know how good he is But I know how good Artest is Also , I thought the Buzzards were done roasting me for my Reggie Miller comments , now I get grilled over Ron Artest ...Great work guys

Btw I see alot of other People who say Don't trade Artest for Tmac ..but again I am getting pecked

Peck
06-02-2004, 04:32 AM
I know how good he is But I know how good Artest is Also , I thought the Buzzards were done roasting me for my Reggie Miller comments , now I get grilled over Ron Artest ...Great work guys

Btw I see alot of other People who say Don't trade Artest for Tmac ..but again I am getting pecked

Hey!!!!!!! :neutral: :dance: :dance:

Steveman
06-02-2004, 04:36 AM
Where are you Sauce? Peck just posted that the local news "WTHR" ran some of Artests post game comments in which he b*tched the most about not getting enough touches on offense :wtf: This guy is no team player as evidenced in these playoffs. I don't think JO and Ron can co-exist and win the title, and I prefer JO, actually, I prefer JO + Tmac or Allen :D

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 04:47 AM
Players say things after big losses , so what it doesn't mean he's not happy he was just blowing off Steam.

indygeezer
06-02-2004, 07:17 AM
No, but couple it with his comments during the season about the offense etc and it makes you wonder.

IMO anybody not named ONEAL is available for upgrade.

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Well to be honest I am sure things have been said by others , we may never hear about those though...Remember Ron is a Emotional guy and sometimes his *** overrides his mouth..if you get my drift.

Suaveness
06-02-2004, 08:24 AM
Sorry, Ron should NOT be traded. Ever. I don't know how you can even think that.

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Sorry, Ron should NOT be traded. Ever. I don't know how you can even think that.

I agree , and I think Ron is tame as Hell considered to Dennis Rodman , Hell Even Sheed has made Ron look Tame , trust me it's just a matter of Time before Sheed Loses his mind ;)

I really think if the Pacers thought he was Harmful to the Team they Would have traded him last year before this season began , you gotta learn ron is a emotional player and sometimes he loses his composure.

fwpacerfan
06-02-2004, 08:57 AM
You guys are amazing. The thread started by talking about the Detlef trade. We traded offense for defense and it turned this franchise around. In the same breath it is mentioned that our best defender should be traded for offense! WTF? Keep Artest and trade Al. Al has shown 0, Nada, Zip, Zilch since the Boston series. The guy keeps taking jumpshots instead of using his quickness and he got schooled several times by Rasheed in this series. He is not a very good defender anymore. The guy needs to go and this summer is the best time, before the rest of the league figures out that he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

Dukins
06-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Yeah Yeah Yeah. RON RON loses his composure at the wrong freaking time. We cant continually having a guy get out of control just because of a fluke foul. We, the fans make Artest out to be some kind of saint. Once a thug, always a thug. We need him to control his temperment. Especially in the most crucial part of the series. Anyone who says that he did not cost us the game have blinders on. I think his negatives outweighs the positives at this point. We simply cannot have a guy jacking up threes. If he is back i hope the one thing he learned is that this is a TEAM sport. Act like it.

Unclebuck
06-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Ron did have 5 assists in this game. 10 or 11 rebounds.

Ron for McGrady won't work salary wise.

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 09:06 AM
Even if Ron doesn't get the Flagrant , we still lose the Game and if we win were just delaying what's ineveitable

Jo said he doesnt think he could have played another Game and Tins was out for sure and Reggie well was MIA and AL was usual MIA in the playoffs AL

SO just how did people think we win this series ?

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Ron did have 5 assists in this game. 10 or 11 rebounds.

Ron for McGrady won't work salary wise.

Exactly people don't realize how gravy of a deal we got on ron for the next several years til 2009 I believe , Tmac makes almost 3 times what ROn makes a year

BillS
06-02-2004, 09:07 AM
You're all right. Why didn't I think of it!

TMac has lead so many teams to championships, we'd be crazy not to give up everything we have for him.

He never complains about playing time or offensive touches.

Why, let's give whatever the Magic want as long as it keeps us at a one to two star team.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, I wouldn't mind having TMac, but we can't rob Peter to pay Paul. We don't destroy our strength (defense) to shore up our weakness (offense) - we need to keep Ron and JO and build on that.

The other thing is, who is the third option if TMac is on the team? Does TMac try to pad his numbers by taking quick jumpers so we never get the ball in to JO any more ... uhh ... wasn't that one of the biggest complaints about this series?

Think about it and be careful what you ask for.

Fool
06-02-2004, 09:12 AM
I must say, I don't get the loyalty from Indiana for Ron Artest. I've been sitting here reading how you bag on Detroit fans for being rude and obnoxious and you all seem to have a deep hatred for Rasheed Wallace (which is fine, he has been a real ... jerk for lack of a better term) but Ron Artest sucker punches someone in the critical moments of a win or die game which allows the other team to convert a 4 point possession in a game where it often takes ten minutes for a team to get 4 points and you lord over him like a God.

He cost you the game IMO, and losing this game lost you the playoffs. In the pressure moment he reverted to who he was last season. This moment was the only time the team struggled all season, last season saw a lot of struggling, both times Artest lashed out and hurt his team.

fwpacerfan
06-02-2004, 09:13 AM
Ron DID NOT cost us this game. He was a contributing factor, but this game was lost because ONCE AGAIN this team got a lead and then stopped doing what got them the lead. They came and took it strong to the bucket, moved the ball on offense and played hard defense. They get a lead and all of a sudden the jumpers start flying and the Pistons start running. They get a lead and all of a sudden JO decides he needs to post up 20 feet from the basket instead 10 feet. I don't understand it. The only thing I can think of is something I thought last year - this team is not very smart. They don't grasp why they get leads and therefore stop doing the things they need to do.

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Find me a Post where I have Baged on Rasheed for his Antics by myself please ..not everyone hates rasheed and if anything I think Sheed is misunderstood like ron , they are both Emotional players and sometimes lose control.

Fool
06-02-2004, 09:25 AM
There is no need to take things personally, perhaps I used "all" too loosely. Thats fine I will take it back, I am not trying to start arguments. It is the majority oppinion around here, which is all I was trying to convey.

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 09:31 AM
There is no need to take things personally, perhaps I used "all" too loosely. Thats fine I will take it back, I am not trying to start arguments. It is the majority oppinion around here, which is all I was trying to convey.

sorry I wasn't trying to bang your manly parts over it :laugh: :laugh:, sorry if I came over aggresive , I guess I am more upset with people who wanna sell artest down the river for 1 bad series after a Stellar year

ChicagoJ
06-02-2004, 10:01 AM

But would you trade Artest for Tmac straight up if offered? How about Artest+Bender for Tmac?

It will take me a couple of days to write my post-mortem. But this will be one of its themes.

Yeah Yeah Yeah. RON RON loses his composure at the wrong freaking time. We cant continually having a guy get out of control just because of a fluke foul. We, the fans make Artest out to be some kind of saint. Once a thug, always a thug. We need him to control his temperment. Especially in the most crucial part of the series. Anyone who says that he did not cost us the game have blinders on. I think his negatives outweighs the positives at this point. We simply cannot have a guy jacking up threes. If he is back i hope the one thing he learned is that this is a TEAM sport. Act like it.

Excellent post. Ron behaved well enough this season for me to realize that he's a great talent. But he's not a player, because he still doesn't know how to use that talent in a team environment.

The beautiful thing is that DW historically has been brilliant at trading a guy when his stock was highest.

LAPacer
06-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Find me a Post where I have Baged on Rasheed for his Antics by myself please ..not everyone hates rasheed and if anything I think Sheed is misunderstood like ron , they are both Emotional players and sometimes lose control.

I agree with you completely. You never hear a teammate complain about Rasheed. On the sidelines you can tell the team loves the guy. He is a team player. Not like other more notable players who continue to have issues with coaches and other teammates.

I'm not saying 'Sheed is a saint, cause he definitely has temper issues. But he seems more genuine than some other hyped up stars.