PDA

View Full Version : To our Pistons friends

kerosene
06-02-2004, 12:31 AM
I'd like to thank our Piston friends who have been around and/or came around recently and have been good, contributing members of our community.

The series is over, and I'm sure your focus will be on the Finals now, but remember us when you have some time. If not over the summer, then we'd like to have you back around next season. I think many of us would consider the Pistons our biggest rivals now. I'm not sure if that's mutual but I'd like to think the Pacers are one of, if not your biggest Conference rival these days.

Good luck in the Finals.

BostonConnection
06-02-2004, 12:49 AM
I agree, kerosene, our active Pistons fan forum members like Kstat are a big reason why this forum is not just the best Pacers forum but one of the better NBA forum communities in general. :thumbsup:

Hicks
06-02-2004, 12:51 AM
Yeah, I personally want to see you all post during the offseason to talk trades, draft, and rumors with us.

BostonConnection
06-02-2004, 01:05 AM
I haven't been here before, but wanted to drop in and let you guys know how much respect I have for the way your team played. Coming into the season, I felt that O'Neal was whiny and a bit reluctant, but he has shown himself to be a real leader, strong on the court and articulate off. Everyone on your team battles. While we Pistons fans may have had issues with Rick C., he's a great coach in many ways and I expect that we will meet again, same place, next year.

DB, are you the same "Dave Bing" who posted on the IndyStar forum back a couple of years ago from the same Pistons forum as Kstat (at World Crossing)? I remember you if you are.

Kstat
06-02-2004, 01:08 AM
I've been with you guys 2 full years now, you know I'm not going anywhere.....

kerosene
06-02-2004, 01:18 AM
DB, are you the same "Dave Bing" who posted on the IndyStar forum back a couple of years ago from the same Pistons forum as Kstat (at World Crossing)? I remember you if you are.

I was wondering that too. You should stick around DB.

And I have no doubts about you sticking around Kstat :) . I was thinking of folks like unstandable, PacersDynasty (thanks for being such a good sport - I'm soooo glad the Pacers won another game in the series), Grey, Slap, and others who I'm forgetting.

DTropps
06-02-2004, 01:23 AM
Kstat and Dave Bing,
We're sort of enemies! I am a motownsports poster.
:)

BostonConnection
06-02-2004, 01:26 AM
Probably. I'm not a regular in any forums other than the Pistons forums on Worldcrossing (like Kstat) but will occasionally pop into another team's forum. I don't remember details of what we discussed but I hope I made a fair impression last time...

Or was I tearing into Reggie unreasonably or something?

I recall it as being a good impression. Of course, my memory does funny things to me on occasion... ;) :D

DTropps
06-02-2004, 01:35 AM
Dave Bing,
We are primarily a Tigers forum but when WC was having troubles with its board a ton of people from that site came over. It created some interesting conversation between the two communities. We also have a Pistons folder. I actually am the moderator of it but we only have about 20 consistent posters. That's kind of the history of it all between us and WC. Seriously though I really didn't mind them at all. Would love to see you come over and say hi.

King Mob
06-02-2004, 02:00 AM
There was a big debate around two years ago back at the Indystar forum over who was better, O'Neal or Benwa, and a bunch of us from the WC Pistons board came over to argue the point. I've been lurking here ever since, myself. This is a great board, alot like the Pistons Palace, only much more active.

wintermute
06-02-2004, 03:08 AM
good luck to the pistons! cream the lakers :pray:

wallaceX2
06-02-2004, 07:18 AM
I haven't really contributed much, but I've been lurking.

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 07:22 AM
I won't be rooting for the Pistons , that's one thing I will promise and it's not because I am sour , it's because I can't root for a Team who just eliminated my Pacers.

I could careless who wins the finals , it's time for me too enjoy the summer and take a break and think about next year.

Liquid Slap
06-02-2004, 07:55 AM
I just want to say, thanks for not treating me like a troll when I first came here. I said it before and I still stand by it "I am a Pacers fan too" I will still be posting here. Not as much because I don't post too much of anywhere during the offseason because it's all trade rumors and stuff that may never happen :) I must say, the Pacers didn't go down without a fight. JO has the most heart I have ever seen. Playing on 1 leg for that amount of time is commendable. I hope to see the Pacers in the ECFs again next year. In the meantime, I would just like to thank Ron Artest for the flagrant foul. That really helped alot. :D :pepper: GO PISTONS!!!

Manuel
06-02-2004, 09:17 AM
In the meantime, I would just like to thank Ron Artest for the flagrant foul. That really helped alot. :D :pepper: GO PISTONS!!!

No, thank Rip for laying on the court as if he was unconscious.

Good luck in the Finals.

ChicagoJ
06-02-2004, 10:07 AM
On principal, I won't cheer for one of our Central Division rivals in The Finals. Never have. Its not personal guys... as Kero and others have said, your outside opinions help make this forum "smarter", so I also hope you'll stick around. Besides, after two bad experiences with Pistons fans during this series at The Fieldhouse, it helps me to remember that there are some non-jerk Pistons fans, too. :D

I'm cheering for a scoreless tie in The Finals. :devil:

Suaveness
06-02-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm cheering for a scoreless tie in The Finals. :devil:

Sigh....if only that could happen....

Grey
06-02-2004, 04:04 PM
I've lurked at three other Pacers boards, but this was the only one worth my time. While the other ones were littered with trolls, trash-talking and flame wars, this one seemed the only place for intelligent discussions on the series. Nice work.

sweabs
06-02-2004, 04:08 PM
I've lurked at three other Pacers boards, but this was the only one worth my time. While the other ones were littered with trolls, trash-talking and flame wars, this one seemed the only place for intelligent discussions on the series. Nice work.

That's because we have good moderators! :D .

Grey
06-02-2004, 05:20 PM
That's because we have good moderators! :D .

That's what I meant by "nice work". :)

wallaceX2
06-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Nobody treated me like a "n00b". Nobody ever really flamed me for rooting for the Pistons. This place has been great...I won't be talking in the offseason (besides hoops survivor), but I'll be back next year.