PDA

View Full Version : Warrick Dunn as the new #2 RB?

jeffg-body
01-31-2008, 01:10 PM
Warrick Dunn was quoted as saying he wouldn't mind returning to team up with coach Dungy if the Falcon's cut him loose. Does anyone else agree he could be a great #2 back to give Addai releif, especially receiving out of the backfield?

Trader Joe
01-31-2008, 01:27 PM
This would be a fantastic pickup. Dunn's versatility would really give us a big boost.

Isaac
01-31-2008, 11:54 PM
I'd rather try to trade up and get Mendenhall or Jonathan Stewert in the draft, but if we decide to go the veteran route, that could be an excellent pickup.

aero
02-01-2008, 12:54 AM
id rather have Keith, hes younger and has proven that he is worthy of our #2 spot. Dunn would be a good #3 though in case Keith went down though

denyfizle
02-01-2008, 01:40 AM
id rather have Keith, hes younger and has proven that he is worthy of our #2 spot. Dunn would be a good #3 though in case Keith went down though

Keith is alright, I just hope he learns how to catch the danngg ball. How many drops did he have? I'm cool with bringing Dunn in. He's a versatile, hardnosed vet. Classy guy too. How can you not want a guy like that on your team?

Hoop
02-01-2008, 02:20 AM
I like Dunn, not sure how much he has left, but I'd be happy if we picked him up. He's also a quality person and all around class act.

Kraft
02-01-2008, 04:26 AM
Oh, certainly. A change-of-pace guy from Addai would be ideal. It doesn't always have to be one guy is super-fast and the other's a pounder. To me, it's about how they attack. Addai is patient, and waits for the right moment. Dunn has the ability to be a quick-hitter.

Though, this draft seems uber-deep in the running back department. There might be a guy in the fourth round that could really help out. When a guy like Rashard Mendenhall could drop out of the first round because of talent depth and team needs, that bodes well for the deeper rounds.

Look at Steve Slaton. I know that guy can help a team, and he's ranked 10-15 among backs. You don't have to get a game-breaker every time. As Colts fans should know, it's the complementary players that make everything click.

Eindar
02-01-2008, 07:39 AM
I think if Warrick Dunn is your change-up, you're doing very, very well. I'd pick him up and invest that 1st rounder on the defense!

Kraft
02-01-2008, 12:53 PM
I think if Warrick Dunn is your change-up, you're doing very, very well. I'd pick him up and invest that 1st rounder on the defense!

If only that were possible ...

Moses
02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Dunn is getting older, but even at his current age he would still be a great pickup. The reason his numbers were down this past year is because Petrino was trying to power block with linemen who were not big enough to run the scheme. They still had small, quick linemen that were great for zone blocking. That, and Dunn wears down towards the end of every season...but that wouldn't be a problem if he was only getting 5-10 carries a game. He'd be a great addition to any playoff team.

With all of that said, I do not expect him to be cut from the Falcons. He'll probably take a backseat to Norwood this year for sure though.

Kegboy
02-01-2008, 02:27 PM
After the slanderous things Dunn said about Mike Alstott at his Fantasy Hall of Fame induction, I don't want him anywhere near my team.

pizza guy
02-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Dunn would be great. I like KK, but when you can have Warrick Dunn in his place, you take him.

Plus, a guy like him deserves to win, not be stuck in a crap-hole like Hotlanta.

BoomBaby31
02-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Dunn would be a nice pick up. We have to upgrade, now we need a tall receiver and a good defensive guy.

Isaac
02-01-2008, 10:48 PM

We already used this years first on the offensive line, and it was the right thing to do.