PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody else sense a lack of a sense of urgency tonight?

brichard
06-02-2004, 12:01 AM
Even when we were winning tonight, I just didn't feel that "throw the kitchen sink" effort in the game. Except for the Croshere putback dunk, I felt we were woefully lacking in energy plays.

There was a time where Artest was shooting a second free throw attempt and not one Pacer player went for the board. There were four Pistons gobbling up the ball while we retreated on defense. Everybody was looking around for somebody else to get the ball.

We played hard, but we didn't have that Heywood Workman like zeal for the game IMHO.

Unclebuck
06-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Brichard, I could not disagree more.

Pacers were dead tired. They had very little in the tank

Suaveness
06-02-2004, 12:08 AM

This is what makes me proud to be a Pacers fan. They were tired, injured, hurt, sick, and yet still found a way to almost win.

Hicks
We played harder than we could have.

t-Bone

artest was beat, and i dont blame him. try chasing rip around in circles for 2 hours :laugh:

brichard
06-02-2004, 12:11 AM

Well, maybe that is what I'm talking about. You need to find that second win. We got way outhustled on loose balls this series. Perhaps I noticed it more tonight b/c Foster wasn't in as much. I'm telling you, when you put Foster in you see things appear that you don't see when he is gone.

brichard
06-02-2004, 12:18 AM

artest was beat, and i dont blame him. try chasing rip around in circles for 2 hours :laugh:

Artest plays as hard as anybody in the NBA, and I realize that.

Other things have bothered me this series. When our balls have been tested, ie Rasheed Wallace game guarantee, we've let ourselves be neutered. There are some games you refuse to lose, no matter what it takes, and that was a game you couldn't lose.

This was a game we couldn't lose, but we did. We allow a fast break dunk off of a jump ball for Corliss... we let Ben Wallace free for a dunk at the end. For as many good things tonight that we saw, we made some real glaring mistakes.

I saw Chauncey mouth "Boom Baby" when he hit a three tonight. If I am the Pacers and I hear that... I go livid. Your defensive emotion should jack up and any should as the Bulls used to say "unleash the Dobermans." We played at a level 8 much of the game, but I just didn't see us hit a 9 or a 10 level very often.

Unclebuck
06-02-2004, 12:26 AM
The two worst plays off the whole playoffs. The two fastbreak dunks the Pacers have given up off of jump balls. Happened in game #4 of the heat series. Rick had to have lost two years off his life on those two plays. I know they made me sick.

I think the GuaranSheed, was the most overhyped thing of the past two weeks, and IMO had no effect at all on this series.