PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine O'Neal, spotted house hunting in Saddle River, NJ

Kofi
01-30-2008, 01:51 AM
Jermaine O'Neal, spotted house hunting in Saddle River, NJ (http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=755754)

just heard it on the FAN, no idea if there's any validity to it.....who knows, maybe 3 team deal, nets give kidd, get o'neal, and the 3rd team chips in too.......we'll find out soon enough

Trader Joe
01-30-2008, 01:59 AM
How bout this deal...

Indiana Sends:
Jermaine O'Neal
Ike Diogu
Indiana Receives:
Vince Carter
Kwame Brown

New Jersey Sends:
Jason Kidd
Vince Carter
New Jersey Receives:
Jermaine O'Neal
Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar

Los Angeles Sends:
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown
Jordan Farmar
Los Angeles Receives:
Jason Kidd
Ike Diogu

It works in the RealGM trade checker. You tell me who doesn't do that deal... It makes a lot of sense.

Kstat
01-30-2008, 01:59 AM
Well, if it's on RealGM with no source attached, you know it must be true....

Bball
01-30-2008, 02:15 AM
The first thing a player should do in season is go house hunting in his potential new town before the ink is done on the deal.

Buying a house is the kind of thing you want to rush into. Of course, being someone with little in the way of financial resources at his disposal, O Neal could never afford temporary housing in NJ while he searches for a house.

This rumor couldn't seem more true! ;)

-Bball

rexnom
01-30-2008, 02:16 AM
I wonder who broke this - Al Harrington's mom or Henry Wolford.

Robertmto
01-30-2008, 02:17 AM
Maybe he wants to be on Run's House??

Kofi
01-30-2008, 02:35 AM
I don't write the news, I just report it. I'll keep checking it out to see if there's anything else posted on it.

MagicRat
01-30-2008, 07:25 AM
Was Mike Ditka with him?......

aceace
01-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Could have been Jax. I think Kidd would fit right in here. Better then Tins thats for sure...

2Cleva
01-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Kidd is not going to Indy.

Why would Indy even think of taking him on when he's pouting in NJ? No non-contender will touch him.

able
01-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Please do not post unsubstantiated rumours from realgm, they are best left where they are

dagrubbs
01-30-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm sure there is no truth to this....But the Pacers are in desperate need of making a move for the simple fact that they need to get some fans in the stands....IMO if the fieldhouse could actually get some fans in it then we would win more games. How can the team gain any momentum when they don't have anybody cheering them on, I think it would be hard to win or gain any confidence when you don't have anyone there to cheer you on. MDJ is a great player, but not a big name. If the Pacers could somehow someway pull out a trade that brings a big name in here then maybe it will gain some fan interest again. It only take a small run of wins and we are right in the thick of things, hopefully we can manage some victories

JayRedd
01-30-2008, 10:13 AM

That's my motto.

avoidingtheclowns
01-30-2008, 10:21 AM
to be fair, the guy is an assistant GM with like over 900 posts. that indie basketball messageboard credibility is invaluable. it may not be accurate about the NJ house hunt but i wonder if the cred could be used as a downpayment on a cottage in upstate NY (http://www.bobanddavid.com/2007/12/allllllviiiiin.html)...

Hicks
01-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Aside from the fact that it's probably fake (which should be remembered first and last), didn't we hear a rumor like this about him looking for houses in LA during the summer?

avoidingtheclowns
01-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Aside from the fact that it's probably fake (which should be remembered first and last), didn't we hear a rumor like this about him looking for houses in LA during the summer?

dude's desperate to get on cribs

JayRedd
01-30-2008, 10:37 AM
dude's desperate to get on cribs

That's an affront to my sensibilities.

CableKC
01-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Exactly........this means nothing.

Shade
01-30-2008, 12:32 PM
That's an affront to my sensibilities.

Say that one more time, and you're banned. :-p

Naptown_Seth
01-30-2008, 01:36 PM
It's the reason I bought heavy on anti-alien invasion technology. Thanks to a RealGM source I happen to know that area is about to explode (pardon the pun).

Indianapolis_girly
01-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Hmm, I've always wondered, doesn't Al's family still live in the Indy area?
:blush: I heard that they still do because they liked the area so much. I forget where I heard that from though. Just something I've always wondered. It's off topic I know.

And I think this house hunting thing is fake. At least I hope so.

JayRedd
01-30-2008, 07:53 PM
anti-alien invasion technology.

It's an affront to my sensibilities.

Anthem
01-30-2008, 10:27 PM
It"s definitely a fake.

imawhat
01-30-2008, 10:46 PM

Except he really got a house out here.

Kofi
01-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Except he really got a house out here.

Exactly. The rumor turned out to be true, it just had nothing to do with being traded to the Lakers.

The question is - why would anyone want to live in New Jersey when they already have a home in southern California?

For the record, I do believe the Real GM poster who posted this news, however the radio report, I'm skeptical on.

Robertmto
01-31-2008, 03:05 AM
Hmm, I've always wondered, doesn't Al's family still live in the Indy area?
:blush: I heard that they still do because they liked the area so much. I forget where I heard that from though. Just something I've always wondered. It's off topic I know.

And I think this house hunting thing is fake. At least I hope so.

Harrington;s family does live here

aceace
02-01-2008, 09:43 AM
From NY post,

Jermaine O'Neal was spotted in New York and New Jersey earlier this week. When he didn't appear at the Pacers' home game Wednesday night against the Pistons I thought I had an exclusive. As it turns out, O'Neal was given permission by CEO Donnie Walsh to seek a second opinion regarding his bruised knee. Ironically, he came to New York to see Kidd's doctor. The prognosis was the same as Indiana's doctor and he figures to be out several weeks.