PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for this Forum!

sweabs
06-01-2004, 11:46 PM
g

MSA2CF
06-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Exactly...I was going to post the same thing a day or two ago.

Hicks
06-01-2004, 11:48 PM
I'm very proud to call this place my creation. Very proud. You're both most certainly welcome.

Kstat
06-01-2004, 11:50 PM
The Digest doesnt end just because the season did- stick around over the summer.

sweabs
06-01-2004, 11:51 PM
g

Mr. Pink
06-01-2004, 11:53 PM
I'm glad this thread was posted...

Seriously, Hicks, this place has been beyond wonderful. Even with the rough starts at the beggining, it's evolved into a great community of posters. Of course there are a few village idots, but that's expected.

Thank you so much for departing with IS and creating a beautiful place such as this!

:dance: :pepper: :dance: THREE CHEERS FOR HICKS! :dance: :pepper: :dance:

Sactolover

Ultimate Frisbee
06-01-2004, 11:53 PM
This board is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best I've ever seen!!!

Unclebuck
06-01-2004, 11:57 PM
It is a great forum, Hicks deserves a lot of credit.

As most of you know I an here everyday, whether it is May or the dog days of August. All of you should stick around

One of the best times in a forum is when the season ends, the next week or two should be fun, then we have the two drafts, free agency in July you know there will be more McGrady rumors, Pacers will make a few changes

Mr. Pink
06-02-2004, 12:04 AM
M
It is a great forum, Hicks deserves a lot of credit.

As most of you know I an here everyday, whether it is May or the dog days of August. All of you should stick around

One of the best times in a forum is when the season ends, the next week or two should be fun, then we have the two drafts, free agency in July you know there will be more McGrady rumors, Pacers will make a few changes

I'm actually kinda excited now about this offseason. The Evil S's might have to return..... :devil: Muwahahahahha! :devil:

I don't think I've seen that written anywhere for a long time!

Eh? Come on Shade and Snickers...I know we can bring up some evilness right now. ;)

Sactolover

Southside_Pacer
06-02-2004, 12:06 AM
If only I could have a computer with the Internet during work. :(

LAPacer
06-02-2004, 12:53 AM
Thanks for this board. I am not alone, even though I am in LA

BostonConnection
06-02-2004, 01:02 AM
Kudos to Hicks, all of the admins, and to able for a great place for Pacer fans to celebrate the wins and commiserate after the losses all season long. :thumbsup:

(But I was right, wasn't I Hicks when you told me were first thinking about starting the new forum back last summer - it has been a lot of work for you guys, hasn't it? ;) )

Hicks
06-02-2004, 01:06 AM
(But I was right, wasn't I Hicks when you told me were first thinking about starting the new forum back last summer - it has been a lot of work for you guys, hasn't it? ;) )

Ha! You're right, you and Shade were the first people I told about my plan to do this. BC, I need to personally thank you for taking a leap of faith with me; I've always felt it was the credibility you carry with you that attracted the others from IndyStar to give me a chance when at first only you would. I'm not sure it would have worked out if you hadn't done that.

BostonConnection
06-02-2004, 01:21 AM
You're welcome! Hey, the timing felt right. For all the multitude of reasons that we don't need to rehash now, things were just not fun anymore at IS. If it weren't for hanging around trading Top 10 lists with guys in the old Random Thoughts thread I might've stopped posting there much earlier. It was time for a fresh start.

You and the rest of the guys have poured countless hours to create, maintain, and constantly revise and improve this forum from Day 1, something that is to be commended. I said it then, and I stick to it now - even if this forum fell completely flat, the learning experience you (and Shade, and the rest) would gain from building it would be invaluable, particularly if you are interested in doing computing work in the future.

kerosene
06-02-2004, 01:30 AM
Hicks deserves all the credit in the world. I was planning on touching on this once the year(!!!) anniversary rolls around in August. It hasn't always been a cakewalk and there were some rough patches at the beginning (Behind the scenes it hasn't always been pretty either but we try to do the best we can).

I'd like to give a big thanks to Jose as well. He was completely right about some things and he is a huge reason why things have turned out like they have (whether he knows it or not) instead of how they could've.

Able is due massive props as well. He's hosting this site, forum and everything else for free. That's something we all should thank him for.

ABADays
06-02-2004, 09:21 AM
I was thinking about this very thing the other day. The growth of the board in a single year was pretty amazing. Great job by Hicks, Able and all the administrators. All-NBA!

Dukins
06-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Even though i dont get to post often, at least there is one place i know i can go with knowledgable basketball fans and good conversation about the pacers and sports in general. Thanx Hicks :thankyou: :gossip: :shakehands: :rockon: