PDA

View Full Version : I am very proud of the Pacers, & Artest: Congrats to the Pistons

Unclebuck
06-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Let me start with the Pistons. Now that the series is over, I admit I really like their team, I love their coach, Ben Wallace is without question a difference maker, Rip is emerging as a star, Billups is tough as nails, and no one will ever question Sheed's talent. I do want to say that I was wrong about Prince, his defense is much better than I thought. I will be rooting very hard for the Pistons agaisnt the Lakers, not because I hate teh lakers, but because I wouold love the east to win, and I a Pistons fan.

Let me get to Artest. I see someone has started the "trade Artrest" thread already. Let me say over my dead body. I hope he never plays a game in anything other than a Pacers uniform. I love him, and I'll win or lose with Ronnie. No one plays harder, no one is more competitive. IMO he played a great game tonight, he defended Rip as well as anyone could, and that is a tough matchup for him.

Flagrant foul. I don't have a problem with the call. Ron thought he was hit in the groin, and if you really watch the play Ron raise his elbow, he did not extend his elbow. I am not going to let one bad move influence my feeling on Artest. I love him.

Carlisle: He is a great coach, there is no one I would rather have as a coach for the next 2 or 3 years.

J.O: No one can question his mental or physical toughness. No way he should have played tonight. it is going to take 4 - 6 months for it to heal. for him to get 20 pts 10 rebs and 3 blocks, is amazing.

I consider those three guys as the backbone of the Pacers team, and there are no other people I want as coach and the two leaders.

I will post more in a few minutes, but I wanted to get this out right away

Kstat
06-01-2004, 11:41 PM
I'm really torn right now UB. On one hand I haven't been this excited since I was eight years old. On the other hand, there are a lot of good guys on the forum that I respect and are really down right now, so I kinda feel guilty.

Good luck next year UB. I know you have more imprtant things going on right now, but this had to be insult to injury. I look forward to next year's rematch.

MagicRat
06-01-2004, 11:46 PM
and I a Pistons fan.

And people think I doctored that Pistons' forum party picture...... :P

Just don't go sub-human on us........

Unclebuck
06-01-2004, 11:51 PM
I never said I liked the Pistons fans those I ran into Sunday night were subhuman, but I like their team.

Kstat, you should really enjoy this, it is not often "your team" gets to the Finals, unless your team is the Lakers.

In the heat of battle, I don't believe in giving an inch, but the series is over, Pistons won, they deserved to win, they were the better team.

I do want to really thank the hawks and the Celts for giving the Pistons Sheed for nothing. If I have any bitterness it is at those two franchises

sweabs
06-01-2004, 11:56 PM
I do want to really thank the hawks and the Celts for giving the Pistons Sheed for nothing. If I have any bitterness it is at those two franchises.

AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't need to hear that now!!!

:lol2:.

Unclebuck
06-02-2004, 12:20 AM
I do want to really thank the hawks and the Celts for giving the Pistons Sheed for nothing. If I have any bitterness it is at those two franchises.

AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol2:.Can't really blame them. We could have made a move for another guard before the deadline.

sorry for the double post

Unclebuck
06-02-2004, 12:21 AM

AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol2:.Can't really blame them. We could have made a move for another guard before the deadline.

No way we get a guard that has anywhere near the talent that Sheed does. Unless we would have given up J.O or Artest. Pistons gave up nothing. It would have been like the Pacers getting Jason Kidd and giving up Pollard, and kenny

Hicks
06-02-2004, 12:24 AM
I have the distinct impression we might has gotten Damp and Claxton for Al and JB if Donnie knew Ron would be back, but he didn't want to risk it, thining Ron wouldn't be back until the playoffs.

unstandable
06-02-2004, 12:24 AM
If you guys had accumulated ending contracts and extra draft picks you could have gotten Sheed too.

Hicks
06-02-2004, 12:25 AM
If you guys had accumulated ending contracts and extra draft picks you could have gotten Sheed too.

No we wouldn't; we don't need a Rasheed Wallace, we need a shooting guard.

unstandable
06-02-2004, 12:29 AM

No we wouldn't; we don't need a Rasheed Wallace, we need a shooting guard.

I said could have, not would have (though personally I think Sheed would have been a huge upgrade over Foster and been great next to JO). My point was just that when you have valuable assets like expiring contracts and extra first round picks, you put yourself in a good position to make a trade for a good player.

waterjater
06-02-2004, 12:30 AM
Don't now nor ever want a someone of Sheed's character on a team I cheer for. (this is a nice way to put it)

Pistons won, good luck. I like Rip & Ben and I liked the Pistons before the Rasheed trade and I can't in good faith cheer for someone as classless as him

Water