PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought on Reggie...

Mr. Pink
06-01-2004, 11:19 PM
I'm lucky...I don't have to hear anything about the finals all week. I'm on VACATION!

Personally, Reggie choked this year. He had what...19 strait free throws, and each time I saw him shoot free throws he was 1-2 or 0-1. In Game 1 after hitting that HUGE 3, he goes to the line for 1-2. I thought I'd never see him miss a free throw...in a series like this. He's getting too old. He'd be a huge help as an assistant coach. He needs to shed a couple of years off his aging body, and pick up his play.

If taking up space on the floor means for him to let the others take the lead...what is wrong with doing that on the sideline? I felt most of his shots were given to him because of his NAME..not his ability. True...true he is the greatest clutch shooter and all of that, but it's leaving his body.

I'm not blaming the loss of the series on him, but I don't think he motivated like a veteran should..or led like one either.

Any of you feel the same as me?

Sactolover

Ryan
06-01-2004, 11:22 PM
Agreed. I don't think Reggie is ready to sit on the bench, either. I bet we get him for another year.

zxc
06-01-2004, 11:24 PM
If he starts next year... :puke:

Mr. Pink
06-01-2004, 11:35 PM
If he starts next year... :puke:

Exactly, I hope he realizes that as a bench player he'll do better.

This year was his last year to prove that he could do what he's always done, but he didn't prove.

Sactolover

Hicks
06-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Reggie needs to retire, or at the VERY least become a bench roleplayer. Anything else is a crime against the young players on this team.

Mr. Pink
06-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Agreed. I will be really disappointed if I have to watch his star fade even further next year.

God forbid...I hope we don't something like Patrik Ewing did! That was horrible!

Sactolover

Snickers
06-01-2004, 11:50 PM
The only way I see Reggie going to the bench is if he decides to. And it wouldn't shock me if he did.

slyder
06-01-2004, 11:58 PM
he'll continue to start, just reduced minutes
and the more critical minutes will not automatically
go to him.

indygeezer
06-02-2004, 12:11 AM
I stillthink he'll retire this summer.

sweabs
06-02-2004, 12:13 AM
I stillthink he'll retire this summer.

Nah...he'll go out with a bang. He's got to!

Unclebuck
06-02-2004, 12:14 AM
Come on guys. Give Reggie a little credit.

I predict he will request to come off the bench next season, in fact I am sure he will

Hicks
06-02-2004, 12:15 AM

I predict he will request to come off the bench next season, in fact I am sure he will

Sorry, UB, but you were sure we'd resign Brad last year, and uh.... :laugh:

Unclebuck
06-02-2004, 12:19 AM

When does the statute on that run, I know you are just joking.

But seriously don't some of you think Reggie will request to come off the bench

Mr. Pink
06-02-2004, 12:28 AM

I'm hoping...

You never know what will happen till it happens.

Sactolover

jadler
06-02-2004, 12:33 AM

Not to be too mean, but actually Brad did sign with the Pacers, they just traded him :D vbg!

Mr. Pink
06-02-2004, 12:37 AM

Not to be too mean, but actually Brad did sign with the Pacers, they just traded him :D vbg!

OHHHHH...he got ya! :cool: :laugh:

Sactolover

Bball
06-02-2004, 12:42 AM

UB,
If Reggie didn't request to come off the bench last year (2002-2003), or go to IR, I'm doubting he'd do it next season.

Further, the fact that he signed a 6 Mil contract rather than going for the minimum gives me pause to think he'd do what is 'right' for the team.

Maybe I am wrong but I think pride and ego will stand in the way. I'm still torn on how much Reggie is 'deferring' to the young players because he 'wants' to and how much is because he physically and mentally 'has' to.

-Bball

wintermute
06-02-2004, 04:06 AM
I truly think that Reggie will retire before he requests to come off the bench.

i agree. in fact, i think that's exactly what he would do (retire, that is).