PDA

View Full Version : Rot in Hell Dandruff!

Suaveness
01-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Alright, I need some help here. I've been using H&S forever now, and I'm not sure it's working anymore, even with everyday use. Are there any suggestions? I suppose I should try something else, but should I mix it up, or just use one?

Why won't it go away!

Hicks
01-26-2008, 06:04 PM
I hate dry, flaky skin. Used to have it on my scalp, nowadays it's on the front of my face, to which I combat with Aveeno. I know: Shave your head, then apply a lot of Aveeno. Problem solved!

grace
01-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Are there any suggestions?

Wear white.

If you feel like spending big bucks go to a dermatologist.

kester99
01-27-2008, 12:47 AM
Get a scalp brush to use when you shampoo if you're not already doing so...one of those deals with the short widely-spaced plastic uhh...teeth, or bristles...or whatever you call 'em. Also do the 2 recommended applications w/ H&S, not just once per shampoo.

If you're already doing that stuff, then I don't know.

travmil
01-27-2008, 07:03 AM
Neutrogena T/Gel Extra Strength shampoo FTW!

Bball
01-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Psoriasis... (could be)

Whether it is or not- Some people have good luck with Nizoral (sp?)
It's kind of expensive (not as expensive as the prescription stuff tho). Nizoral works off a different method of attack than H&S or T/G.

There is a prescription shampoo with a steroid in it (Clobex is its name I believe). That works really well... at least for psoriasis.

-bball

Los Angeles
01-27-2008, 06:14 PM
I've sometimes had this issue in the winter and for the record H&S actually made my scalp WAY WAY worse. Instead of a dusting of dryness, my scalp started coming off in chunks like a sunburn. Head and shoulders must die.

The atmospheric conditions are a major role player here. Winter air is desert dry, and so is full-blast air conditioning in the summer. Both of those things will make your skin even drier than it naturally is.

So, here's the 1-2-3:

1) Get a humidifier
2) cut your hair short or even get a buzz cut
3) Use moisturizing conditioner at minimum, and possibly lubriderm lotion.

But mostly get a humidifier.

Suaveness
02-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Well a humidifier isn't helping much, but I have had this problem for awhile. I think I'll try a new shampoo...what others are there?

TGel I've heard of, though I'm not sure how it is. Is that Nizoral any good (is it a shampoo?) Any others that you guys know of?

btowncolt
02-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Boston is pretty dry in the winter, and for the first time in my life this year I was having dry scalp problems. I got a humidifier, which didn't do much because I don't sleep much (it's in the bedroom). I switched to these for my hair and it's been a big help. Lots of moisturizing stuff and no alcohol in the finishing product. I know you're on a student budget, but so am I. I just cut out eating on Wednesday to cover the costs.

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY14928&PRODUCT_ID=PROD11864

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY14928&PRODUCT_ID=PROD11865

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY14928&PRODUCT_ID=PROD11867

Putnam
02-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Dandruff is a big problem for some people.

heywoode
02-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Dandruff is a big problem for some people.

and for some people, it's not

Trader Joe
02-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Neutrogena T-Gel is the truth.