PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if anyone realizes this...

jmoney2584
01-25-2008, 02:10 AM
...but we could very well go into the All-Star break on an eleven-game skid. The upcoming schedule is not forgiving at all. I fully expect Miami to win (mainly because we have sort of owned them for awhile and with the way their team is playing it is too fitting for us to be their break-out team) and I'm not convinced we are going to wax New York either. Outside of those squads I see us getting trumped night in and night out...

And who said the high lotto is out of range?

OnlyPacersLeft
01-25-2008, 02:26 AM
awesome...I hope we draft another stanko!

jmoney2584
01-25-2008, 02:31 AM
Yea...like a TWIN Stanko, only with less chance of coming to the USA and a killer jumpshot

d_c
01-25-2008, 02:35 AM
And who said the high lotto is out of range?

You guys are 19-25.

You aren't going to "beat" out the Clippers, who have as many losses as the P's but 6 less wins and have to play most of their games against West teams that are furiously jockeying for playoff position.

Memphis is 12-30 for crying out loud. Milwaukee is a pretty bad team despite what happened tonight. Charlotte is competition. Philly is even more competition.

NY, Miami, Seattle, Miami? Forget it. You aren't catching those teams. They've had way too big a head start. Truth is, you're way closer to the playoffs than a top 6 pick, especially with the way the east looks.

jmoney2584
01-25-2008, 02:43 AM
You guys are 19-25.

You aren't going to "beat" out the Clippers, who have as many losses as the P's but 6 less wins and have to play most of their games against West teams that are furiously jockeying for playoff position.

Memphis is 12-30 for crying out loud. Milwaukee is a pretty bad team despite what happened tonight. Charlotte is competition. Philly is even more competition.

NY, Miami, Seattle, Miami? Forget it. You aren't catching those teams. They've had way too big a head start. Truth is, you're way closer to the playoffs than a top 6 pick, especially with the way the east looks.

Hey, don't bring me down just because your team is headed for the playoffs. Let me linger for crying out loud...

and also it is only half way into the season. We could VERY EASILY suck way worse the second half than we half the first half. Other teams like Miami, Milwuakee, and the Clips could very easily improve. The clips are set to get Elton back at some point this season word on the street is. With the improved play of Kaman and adding Brand into their front court they certainly wont be as bad as they have been.

Kofi
01-25-2008, 02:51 AM
You guys are 19-25.

We're only 4.5 games ahead of New York, who have the 5th worst record in the league. That's within reach, especially if we finish the season even close to the way we finished last year.

jmoney2584
01-25-2008, 03:01 AM
Memphis is only 6 games back from us at #4 worst. All we have to do is go on a 6 game losing streak while memphis goes on a 6 game winning streak. It's all possible, especially if we lose these next 11 in a row against the actual competitors of the league. Losing all these games (while i bet we only lose 9) while memphis maybe wins 7 out of their next 11, that puts us right there with them. Never underestimate the pacers ability to suck ballz

d_c
01-25-2008, 03:07 AM
Hey, don't bring me down just because your team is headed for the playoffs. Let me linger for crying out loud...

As well as the Warriors have played this year, they're hanging on a thread for the 8th seed. They're far from a sure bet and everyone who follows the Warriors are well aware of it. They could every easily not make it, just as the Pacers easily could. The Pacers right now are basically in the same spot as the Jazz and Rockets are in the west, LOL.

The Clippers aren't dumb enough to bring back Brand. They've accomplished a little too much to risk further injury to Brand while lowering their pick.

Pat Riley is a little too smart. He knows the last time he crashed and burned, he got Wade.

granger33
01-25-2008, 03:39 AM
what a joke sayin we will go on a 11 game skid.

were in the playoffs right now.

stop talkin about lottery

jmoney2584
01-25-2008, 05:12 AM
what a joke sayin we will go on a 11 game skid.

were in the playoffs right now.

stop talkin about lottery

K smart guy, well we lost two already and look at our next 9 opponents...Miami, Detroit, Houston, Orlando, San Antonio, New York, Portland, Boston, Detroit. THEN we come back from break with a game against the Cavs and then back to backs with the Nets which we will probably split. Starting with our two losses we just recieved..I don't think I'm alone in thinking we are about to go AT BEST 3-11 in this stretch. That will put us at 22-36...sounds lotto to me

Kofi
01-25-2008, 05:50 AM
You never know with this team. We could win any of those games and I don't think anyone would be shocked by it. But ultimately I'm rooting for a high lottery pick. You can say I'm not a true fan, or whatever drivel you feel like spewing, I want someone who can bring some hope and excitement back to the team. It doesn't have to be a savior a la a LeBron or a Wade or a Nowitzki (although those types will probably be there for the taking), just someone who will be a big part in taking us back to relevancy. And you don't need a top-3 pick to get that type of player.

Recent players drafted between #5 and #10.....

Brandon Roy (6)
Rudy Gay (8)

Andrew Bynum (10)

Luol Deng (7)
Andre Iguodala (9)

Dwyane Wade (5)
Kirk Hinrich (7)
T.J. Ford (8)

Amare Stoudemire (9)
Caron Butler (10)

Jason Richardson (5)
Joe Johnson (10)

Moving on....

Rip Hamilton (7)
Andre Miller (8)
Shawn Marion (9)

Vince Carter (5)
Dirk Nowitzki (9)
Paul Pierce (10)

Tracy McGrady (9)

Ray Allen (5)

Kevin Garnett (5)

That's a petty impressive list. Some very good All-Star players, and although most go top-5, there are some true superstars in there. The question is does Bird and the Pacers scouts have the ability to separate the trash from the treasure? I'd say it's possible, considering drafting is one of the few decent things Bird has done since taking over as GM.

NuffSaid
01-25-2008, 12:09 PM
I don't even want to think about the NBA lottery right now. Besides, what good would it do? Bird probably wouldn't pick anyone worth a damn anyway. So, what's the point in talking about it?

The only "diamond in the rough" Bird has managed to find through the draft to date has been Granger, but he's not at the point in his development where he can take over a game just yet. Other than that, Bird hasn't been able to nab that one gem yet. Of course, when you're picking so deep in the first round (not to mention he's given away most of the team's draft pick for upcoming years), it's hard to find talent that way.

Evan_The_Dude
01-25-2008, 12:27 PM
So basically what d_c is saying is that we suck at sucking.

sweabs
01-25-2008, 12:43 PM
So basically what d_c is saying is that we suck at sucking.
Isn't this what always happens? And then we're stuck at being this mediocre team that's not sucky enough to get a decent position in the draft, but not good enough to make any noise in playoffs. And then our big offseason acquisitions will be Dieneresque/Rushesque for the following year. And so goes the vicious cycle of Pacerdom.