PDA

View Full Version : Detroit WILL beat the lakers........The Eastern Conference is back

Cory
06-01-2004, 11:12 PM
I really feel that this series was the NBA FINALS......I honestly feel like we are the second best team in the league behind Detroit and that we would have beat the Lakers in the finals. I don't think I've ever seen a team play defense like the DETROIT PISTONS, The lakers will not only lose this series but they will probably lose it in 5 games,

Kstat
06-01-2004, 11:13 PM
I wish I had your confidence. Then again, everyone thoguht the Lakers would blow us out of the gym in 1988 and we really should have won the series......

PistonsDynasty
06-01-2004, 11:14 PM
I really feel that this series was the NBA FINALS......I honestly feel like we are the second best team in the league behind Detroit and that we would have beat the Lakers in the finals. I don't think I've ever seen a team play defense like the DETROIT PISTONS, The lakers will not only lose this series but they will probably lose it in 5 games,

Detroit in 5.

Hicks
06-01-2004, 11:14 PM
The Pistons won't get embarrassed, but make no mistake: They will not win that series.

Southside_Pacer
06-01-2004, 11:15 PM
The desire of Malone and Payton, especially Malone, to finally receive their rings will be too great.

I think the Lakers win in either 6 or 5.

Ultimate Frisbee
At least we send a better team to the finals...

Face it... Pacers vs. Lakers would suck because we'd still be a team full of injuries...

Ryan
The Pistons won't get embarrassed, but make no mistake: They will not win that series.

Stephen A. Smith? :laugh:

Aw Heck
06-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Pistons will win one or two games when the Lakers fall asleep at the wheel after gaining a series lead. Lakers in 5 or 6. I wish I could be more optimistic but I can't.

Must be my mood right now.

Shade
06-01-2004, 11:20 PM

Detroit in 5.

Up for another bet? :laugh:

efx
06-01-2004, 11:21 PM
HAHAHA, 5 games. This was the laugh I needed to get over the loss.

zxc
06-01-2004, 11:22 PM
:rolleyes:

bulletproof
06-01-2004, 11:26 PM
LAKERS IN 4.

TheSauceMaster
06-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Unless the Refs let the Pistons play as physical as they did last this series , Pistons will Lose .

bulletproof
06-01-2004, 11:33 PM
LAKERS IN 4.

The horror.

ABADays
06-01-2004, 11:36 PM
I think the Pistons have a great shot in this series. Who is the last team to rough up the Lakers? LA will have it's hands full.

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 08:20 AM
Refs will not let Detriot Play Roungh with David Stern's LA Lakers , watch you will see more fouls called on Detriot and they won't get to play like they did in the ECF

Shade
06-02-2004, 08:25 AM

Our defense was just as good as Detroit's. It's our offense that was atrocious.

capaman
06-02-2004, 08:27 AM
It will make an interesting series, but anyone who believes that the Pistons can beat L.A in a 7 game series is smoking some good *****

Dukins
06-02-2004, 08:48 AM
There is no way Detroit wins 2 games. I will comeback gladly and apologize. Lakers have too many offensive weapons for the Pistons. Every team has to go through the growing pains. Detroit just hasnt done that. They may have had a rough road the past few years getting to the finals, but playing there is a whole different story. Yeah we know they won back to back, whole different team though. On that note ill be routing for the :pistons:

Fool
06-02-2004, 10:45 AM
I think that is the first time I've ever heard someone say that the Eastern Conference Final was the Finals. From your lips to God's ears.

sweabs
06-02-2004, 10:47 AM
I think that Detroit will actually put up a good fight. I don't know why but Pistons in 7?

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Please SWEEP THE PISTONS !!!!!!!!!

Roy Munson
06-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Sorry, but the topic of this thread, and the thread itself, is ridiculous.

Cory
06-02-2004, 04:01 PM

Sorry, but you are ridiculous, the 2 best teams were in the Eastern conference and that is the bottom line.

Roy Munson
06-02-2004, 04:10 PM

Sorry, but you are ridiculous, the 2 best teams were in the Eastern conference and that is the bottom line.

OK. :rolleyes:

DisplacedKnick
06-02-2004, 04:46 PM
I HATE the 2-3-2 format - especially for the lower-seeded team. It is very hard to win 3 straight at home against a very good, well-coached team.

The Pistons need to go back to Detroit tied 1-1 to have a chance IMO - they have to go back to LA no worse than 3-2 up.

waterjater
06-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Lakers in 4, maximum 5 games. The Pistons barely beat the Pacers with its best player on one leg and its quarterback on one leg.

Had the Lakers stayed healthy all season, they would've had a better record than the Pacers.

The last time, including this year, anyone could say the Eastern Conference finals was the NBA finals. 1988 I believe...Bulls over Pacers in Seven games. That, my friend, was an awesome, AWESOME series.

NBA Best this year with healthly players
1 Lakers (easily the best record if Karl stays healthy)
2 Tie (Pacers/Minnesota) (key is healthy players)
4 Detroit (Just can't score enough points)
5 San Antonio (seemed to be missing a key player)

Just my biased humble opinion. (I hate the Lakers!)

Water

sweabs
06-02-2004, 04:53 PM
I agree DisplacedKnick...I HATE THE 2-3-2 format with a passion.

Liquid Slap
06-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Nobody thought the Pistons would get this far and they did. They did it with injuries like everyone else too. They go into this series tied at 1-1 with both teams at full strength as they were earlier in the season. I have no reason to believe they can't beat the Lakers in a series. Until this series is over, I believe the Pistons will win and Joe Dumars will be having the last laugh.

sweabs
06-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Nobody thought the Pistons would get this far and they did.

WHAT?!?!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Please tell me you're kidding???

Liquid Slap
06-03-2004, 11:00 AM

WHAT?!?!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Please tell me you're kidding???

Up until the Rasheed trade, no one believed in the Pistons. Even after the trade no one believed(and I am not talking about analysts and crap. They are bandwagoners anyway. Anyone not from Detroit had no respect for the Pistons). Everyone says Rasheed will implode. Pistons can't score, yada yada yada. Everyone will be made believers. Pistons will rain on Karl and Gary's parade and I stand by it strongly.

sweabs
06-03-2004, 11:05 AM

WHAT?!?!

Up until the Rasheed trade, no one believed in the Pistons. Even after the trade no one believed(and I am not talking about analysts and crap. They are bandwagoners anyway. Anyone not from Detroit had no respect for the Pistons). Everyone says Rasheed will implode. Pistons can't score, yada yada yada. Everyone will be made believers. Pistons will rain on Karl and Gary's parade and I stand by it strongly.

Man - I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. Yes, all the analysts picked Detroit, and most of the people I know and talked to also thought Detroit would advance. No question. I am in about 4 different pools, and I'd say around 90% of the people picked Detroit. I'm not buying that for a second. And yes, this all began after they got Rasheed, so? That IS the reason they got to the Finals...

LAPacer
06-03-2004, 11:05 AM

WHAT?!?!

After the trade and the Pistons held 7 opponents to under 70points, all I heard was how the Pistons would win the East. No-one except Barkley thought the Pacers could come out of the East. Even Barkley said that the Pistons, along with SA and the Pacers had the best defense. Pistons have had alot of hype.

I hope somebody rains on Karl and Gary's parade.

Liquid Slap
06-03-2004, 11:14 AM
Well, I am wrong. :( but still...GO PISTONS!!

Fool
06-03-2004, 11:23 AM

Well, you are not entirely wrong. Almost nobody HERE thought the Pistons would go to the finals.

LAPacer
06-03-2004, 11:37 AM

Well, you are not entirely wrong. Almost nobody HERE thought the Pistons would go to the finals.

But this is Pacers message board. You can't pull for your division rival. You've got to have faith in your own team. Especially when your team has the best record.

clownskull
06-04-2004, 12:56 AM
i saw some post saying nobody thought the pistons would get this far. uhmm, wrong. as soon as rasheed was acquired, pretty much all the broadcasters gave them the east crown. and to compare detroit injuries to the pacers is plain silly. jermaine was playing on a partialy torn knee. and was maybe 50% the rest of the way. tinsley was so badly out of it he could not contribute in any serious manner for the last 2 games at all. yeh rasheed had a sore toe or something but it was just sore. rip had like a broken nose and that's no small deal but, that in no way affected his mobility, as it did with our 2 starters.
now as to this series (the finals)
you can rest assured that kobe will drive to the hoop and when detroit's big three try to close in on him, you will think it's grand central station with all of those whistles blowing. ben wallace is an awesome defensive player but, he is hopelessly overmatched against shaq. shaq is so much bigger and just more powerful than him- or anyone else for that matter. ben will fight for all he's worth but, it won't matter- just way too small for the diesel. a young and taller rasheed will probably win over malone but will be forced to leave him open too many times this series because ben will be getting killed by shaq. kobe is a little quicker than rip and bigger too. he will use that to his advantage and his respect from the refs will bail him out too often for detroit to overcome it. - lakers in 6

Cory
06-06-2004, 06:09 PM
Just wanted to make sure this thread doesn't get buried,,,,,,Tonight is the beginning of the end for the Lakers....Pistons in six

Hicks
06-06-2004, 07:09 PM
I guess I hope you're right, even though I think you're :crazy: :D

Ant
06-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Pistons are capable of winning a couple games but even Detroits defense will have no answer if Shaq and Kobe are playing on top of their games, and an offense that struggles at times isnt helping matters. Lakers in 6 :crystalball:

Miller_time04
06-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Lakers in 5.

Hicks
06-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Lakers in 5.

No way is this a backdoor sweep.

Cory
06-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Lakers in 5.

No way is this a backdoor sweep.

I'm glad you are coming around Hicks, Don't be fooled by the Laker mystique, Anyone who watched any of the pistons games after they acquired Rasheed had to know that they not only would get past us in the conference finals, but would get by anyone the west could throw at them, If you ask me, the lakers wouldn't even be in the finals if Cassell would have been healthy yet I digress.......

TheSauceMaster
06-07-2004, 12:30 AM
Lakers will win Game 2 , then the Series Begin's :)

Cory
06-07-2004, 12:34 AM
Lakers will win Game 2 , then the Series Begin's :)

Lakers should win game 2, than the Pistons will win 2 out of 3 at home and win game 6 in L.A.,,,,,,Everyone in the media will say it was the biggest upset of all time and that the Lakers choked,,,which is total b.s. since the Pistons have by far the best team in the N.B.A.,,,,,,,Sorry Karl, NO RING FOR YOU,,,,,NEXT!!!!

sweabs
06-07-2004, 12:36 AM
I am getting giddy over the possibility of the Lakers losing, Karl & Gary not getting their rings, their entire franchise falling apart, and losing all of their bandwagon fans.

:devil: - Go East!

Cactus Jax
06-07-2004, 12:40 AM
The only real excitement I get out of the playoffs now is seeing how many times Shade can be possibly wrong in one postseason? The number has to be in double figures by now.

TheSauceMaster
06-07-2004, 12:43 AM
The only real excitement I get out of the playoffs now is seeing how many times Shade can be possibly wrong in one postseason? The number has to be in double figures by now. :lolchair: :lolchair: :lolchair: :lolchair: :lolchair: :lolchair: :lolchair:

PistonsDynasty
06-07-2004, 12:45 AM

Detroit in 5.

Yes, Pistons in 5!!!!!!

wallaceX2
06-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Wait, who was it that said Lakers in 4 on the first or second page?

:lol2:

bulletproof
06-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Wait, who was it that said Lakers in 4 on the first or second page?

:lol2:

Um, that might've been me. :blush:

Oddly, I found myself rooting for the Pistons and were proud that they were representing the East.

Fool
06-07-2004, 11:11 AM
even Detroits defense will have no answer if Shaq and Kobe are playing on top of their games, and an offense that struggles at times isnt helping matters. Lakers in 6 :crystalball:

Man, I would have totally agreed with this point if I had seen it before Game 1. I hope it continues to be true for the series. I can't remember seeing a game in which two players dominate (Kobe might not have dominated but this wasn't a terrible game for him and most of the time it is plenty, even on poor shooting) yet their team loses?

Kstat
06-07-2004, 10:24 PM
I also saw a Sixer team in 2001 that played near-flawless and BARELY won, and a Piston team last night that played an AVERAGE game and won by 12 points.

The Pistons missed a ton of FTs and layups.

Rip Hamilton missed a lot of shots he usually makes.

The Lakers can play better sure, but SO CAN DETROIT.

I don't know how much farther over 59 points shaq and Kobe can go.......

Not to mention, judging from LA's reaction to game 1, we will win game two. I still see the same arrogant smirks from phil, shaq, and ESPECIALLY Malone.

LA is going to expect us to be satisfied with a split in their building, and I think we're going to beat them again. Their confidence will be their downfall.

waterjater
06-07-2004, 10:33 PM
I
I don't know how much farther over 59 points shaq and Kobe can go.......

As long as they are the only two scoring and your shutting everyone else down, they could put up 70 and Detroit would win. I hope they keep this strategy.

As for Game 2, it will be interesting and I expect the Lakers to come out strong. Expect some Mailman elbows and knee shots, expect the Lakers to get every call, expect Kobe to not guard RIP as much to be fresher at the end.

I'm all of a sudden interested and still surprised out how Detroit was able to dictate the Lakers offense. I thought, with Kobe, they could still create shots.

I'm also even more impressed with how good the Pacers defense was!!

Water

Cory
06-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Just wanted to make sure this thread doesn't get buried,,,,,,Tonight is the beginning of the end for the Lakers....Pistons in sixI was feeling very comfortable when I first responded to your thread.

I will now feel EVEN MORE COMFORTABLE venturing even further out on the limb where I reside.

Remember that the LAST TIME A TEAM STOLE GAME ONE ON THE ROAD IT WAS LARRY BROWN'S SIXERS.

What happened after that ?

Backdoor sweep....that's what.

I still don't think this Laker team is as focused as it should be nor this Pistons team as weak as those Sixers were............ but I still think the Lakers in 6.

:cool:

I didn't watch much of the finals in 2001 mostly because I knew Philly didn't have a chance, the thing about the Pistons is that they do not allow open shots, the Lakers have nobody other than Shaq or Kobe that can score with someone draped all over them, not to mention Prince does a hell of a job guarding Kobe,,,,,the only way that Lakers would seemingly have a chance is if Shaq and Kobe dominate.......oh wait, they dominated in game 1 and still lost, The pistons playing their A game are in my opinion unbeatable, I'm sticking to Pistons in 6, but don't be surprised if the LAKERS GET SWEPT!!!!!

Shade
06-08-2004, 05:19 PM

Detroit in 5.

Yes, Pistons in 5!!!!!!

I'll still take that bet. Want to do something similar to before, or try something new?

Of course, this time, I'd have to account for the lack of an avatar... :unimpressed:

Cory
06-10-2004, 11:06 AM
Just wanted to make sure this thread doesn't get buried,,,,,,Tonight is the beginning of the end for the Lakers....Pistons in sixI was feeling very comfortable when I first responded to your thread.

I will now feel EVEN MORE COMFORTABLE venturing even further out on the limb where I reside.

Remember that the LAST TIME A TEAM STOLE GAME ONE ON THE ROAD IT WAS LARRY BROWN'S SIXERS.

What happened after that ?

Backdoor sweep....that's what.

I still don't think this Laker team is as focused as it should be nor this Pistons team as weak as those Sixers were............ but I still think the Lakers in 6.

:cool:

I didn't watch much of the finals in 2001 mostly because I knew Philly didn't have a chance, the thing about the Pistons is that they do not allow open shots, the Lakers have nobody other than Shaq or Kobe that can score with someone draped all over them, not to mention Prince does a hell of a job guarding Kobe,,,,,the only way that Lakers would seemingly have a chance is if Shaq and Kobe dominate.......oh wait, they dominated in game 1 and still lost, The pistons playing their A game are in my opinion unbeatable, I'm sticking to Pistons in 6, but don't be surprised if the LAKERS GET SWEPT!!!!!

Was that their 'A' game?

Things look pretty good for your team notwithstanding your assinine predictions and expectations.

You should never make assumptions because quite frankly, you're not very good at it. You ASSumed the lakers would beat the pistons. You also ASSumed the pistons are my team. The Pistons never have been nor ever will be my team.

Kstat
06-10-2004, 03:03 PM
the Pistons are going to wipe out the Lakers.

I'd sit for a second and let that sink in, but I believe you already have, hence your increasingly-irritated tone.

The Lakers can intimidate the western conference all they want, but they can't intimidate Detroit, no matter how many media outlets tell them they should just give up and go home.

Detroit is a better team. They are, as a team, more athletic, more cohesive, deeper, faster, and more enrgetic.

LA has two players. Detroit has a team. In this case, the team wins. I know it, and I think deep down, you know it too. LA can't beat Detroit in this series. Its just a matter of time before the Lakers wither and die.

PistonsDynasty
06-10-2004, 03:32 PM

Detroit in 5.

Yes, Pistons in 5!!!!!!

I'll still take that bet. Want to do something similar to before, or try something new?

Of course, this time, I'd have to account for the lack of an avatar... :unimpressed:

Yeah, I'm up for a bet. What do you have in mind??

rabid
06-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Because I tend to be innately fair (except when my anger or ego is blocking out the Sun)

:alcohol:

Liquid Slap
06-10-2004, 04:25 PM
I personally am still recovering from the loss. I gotta get suited up to watch the game tonight though.

Shade
06-10-2004, 05:45 PM

Detroit in 5.

Yes, Pistons in 5!!!!!!

What do you want from me? :shrug:

Cory
06-10-2004, 11:57 PM
Stick a fork in them

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shade
06-11-2004, 12:06 AM

Man I wish I was scoring from your connec dude.

That s#it must be almost totally pure. My only regret is I am unable to enter into a variety of friendly wagers with you on the outcome of the Finals as you see them or on the Return of the Eastern Conference itself as you so boldly proclaim it's TRIUMPHANT RETURN....

What a shame for my wallet.

But the upside is you won't have to pay out for such an unusual faith in the Pistons and the Eastern Conference as a whole.

GOOD LUCK Cory!

;)

LAKERS IN 4.

LAKERS IN 4.

The horror.

It will make an interesting series, but anyone who believes that the Pistons can beat L.A in a 7 game series is smoking some good *****

There is no way Detroit wins 2 games. I will comeback gladly and apologize.

Lakers in 4, maximum 5 games.

Lakers in 5.

Good stuff in here. :)

PistonsDynasty
06-13-2004, 02:29 AM

Detroit in 5.

Yes, Pistons in 5!!!!!!

What do you want from me? :shrug:

Your SOUL :devil:

Cory
06-16-2004, 12:34 AM
I told you so................................................ .................................................. .......................is such a mean phrase so I'm not going to use it

;) ;)

ROCislandWarrior
06-16-2004, 12:35 AM
I told you so................................................ .................................................. ......................................is such a mean phrase so I'm not going to use it

;) ;)

:king:

wallaceX2
06-16-2004, 12:37 AM
I told you so................................................ .................................................. ......................................is such a mean phrase so I'm not going to use it

;) ;)

Hicks
06-16-2004, 12:37 AM
:worship:

Fool
06-16-2004, 01:47 AM
You are a genius!

ABADays
06-16-2004, 08:27 AM
Happy to see I was somehwat in the minority in this thread.