PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Trade Idea

Artestaholic
06-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Well, I didn't wanna do this...I'd much rather be posting a game 7 thread....but thats the way the cookie crumbles.
We need more scoring badly. Ron Artest just completely choked and played like a moron.
I say if we can pull some kinda Artest-4-T-Mac trade off we do it no questions asked. Here's what I came up with using RealGM Trade Checker:
Indiana trades:
PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 13.7 minutes)
SF Ron Artest (18.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.7 apg in 37.2 minutes)
C Scot Pollard (1.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.1 minutes)
PG Fred Jones (4.9 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 18.6 minutes)
Orlando trades:
SG Tracy McGrady (28.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 5.5 apg in 39.9 minutes)
PF Juwan Howard (17.0 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 35.5 minutes)
SG Reece Gaines (1.8 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 9.6 minutes)
This gives us the BEST shooting guard in the NBA, a young backup PG/SG in Reece Gaines, and a very solid backup PF.
Pacers could go with a lineup of
Foster
O'Neal
Harrington
T-Mac
Tinsley
With a bench of Reggie, Howard, Bender, AJ, Gaines +whoever we cna pick up via FA.

Or we can go with
O'Neal
Howard
Harrington
T-Mac
Tinsley

Either way this looks like the best team in the league PERIOD.
If we could do this trade I'd do it in a heartbeat.

MSA2CF
06-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Why do you want Tracy McGrady so badly?

PaceBalls
BAHHHHHH

sweabs
What I am wondering most about T-Mac is whether he would be willing to play under Carlisle's system?

efx
Who wouldn't want Mcgrady.

indytoad
06-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Somehow I don't think Orlando would do that trade.

IndyToad
Name a candy bar after me

Ultimate Frisbee
06-01-2004, 11:12 PM
I'd do that in a heartbeat if Orlando would... essentially its McGrady for Artest and we get rid of Croshere's contract and Pollard who never plays anyway

SpADeD
06-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Why do you want Tracy McGrady so badly?

Because we need more offense. Not to mention he's a top 5 player in the league.

PaceBalls
06-01-2004, 11:14 PM
artest for tmac horrible horrible horrible. even str8 up horrible. The man plays no D

Artestaholic
06-01-2004, 11:16 PM
A 3rd All-Star?
We would be getting rid of 1 of our All-Stars, so we'd still have only 2 All-Stars.
It's tough to do trades like this, not that we wouldnt be improving, but we grow so close to these players they become like family. But over time it heals.
Like when Jalen Rose was traded, I was very upset. You all understand what I'm saying.

Artestaholic
06-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Well we dont have to let both go. If Artest is traded for T-Mac is solves a lot of problems.
It gives us a premeire scorer.
We go from being weak at sg to having the best sg in the league. (besides maybe Kobe)
It allows Al Harrington to start.
It allows Reggie Miller to come off the bench.
I Love Artest (hence the s/n) but things need to change.

MSA2CF
06-01-2004, 11:41 PM
I hated Jalen.

Good riddance.

Tim
06-01-2004, 11:59 PM
If you want TMac its gonna take more than bench players, I think the Magic would want JO.

Southside_Pacer
06-02-2004, 12:02 AM
If you want TMac its gonna take more than bench players, I think the Magic would want JO.

They wouldn't want JO. If they could get Harrington/Bender/Somebody else, they'd probably do it since Al and JB could/would start for Orlando.

Ultimate Frisbee
06-02-2004, 12:07 AM
If McGrady wants out of Orlando they might settle for less... Just a thought

Artestaholic
06-02-2004, 01:34 AM
Al Harrington and/or Bender will NOT get us Tracy McGrady. Artest probably would.
McGrady is a SUPERSTAR. A team of O'Neal/McGrady/Harrington/Tinsley/Bender would be nearly unstoppable and would bring us championships for years to come.

indygeezer
06-02-2004, 01:38 AM
<sigh>

and so it begins

Artestaholic
06-02-2004, 01:45 AM
Tracy McGrady >>>>> Ron Artest
McGrady gets a title, Artest gets us to the Finals (maybe)
It's a no brainer people.
Tracy McGrady is arguably the BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA.
Put him on a team like the Pacers andhe gets even better.
indygeezer I understand you're a very old man and don't understand these things, thats wy I'm here to help you :)
With T-Mac we'd be not only the best regular season team in the league, but the best playoff team in the league.

jadler
06-02-2004, 01:48 AM
Best player in the league whose team finished last ... We don't need a superstar SG. We just need an average to good one.

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 01:50 AM
Did any of you actually hear Rick talk about Ron tonight ..Artest is GOING NO WHERE !!!!!!

Artestaholic
06-02-2004, 01:58 AM
Best player in the league who led his team to the playoffs and almost single handedly eliminated the Pistons last year....
Best player in the leagues who's led the league in scoring the past 2 years.....

Artestaholic
06-02-2004, 02:00 AM
#1 It's not Ricks decision
#2 what was he suppose to say? "Artest sucked bigtime, were gonna trade him and were telling you this to signifigantly lower his trade value".
#3 If the Pacers actually get a shot at a player of Tracy McGradys calibre, neither Donnie nor Larry is stupid enough to pass it up.

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 02:02 AM
WOW Artest has one Bad series and your gonna ship him off ? Think back to the 2nd Round Artest is the Guy who saved us in the 2nd Round.

bulletproof
06-02-2004, 02:07 AM
Did any of you actually hear Rick talk about Ron tonight ..Artest is GOING NO WHERE !!!!!!

Yeah, and about this time last year Donnie said Isiah would be back. It's all just talk.

Artestaholic
06-02-2004, 02:11 AM
This trade wouldn't be trading just for tradings sake...this trade would make us an even better team.
There's very few players I'd trade Artest for, T-Mac just happens to be one of those players and he just happens to be disgruntled and he just happens to wanna play in Indiana.

Artestaholic
06-02-2004, 02:20 AM
Take a look at these stats....http://img74.photobucket.com/albums/v224/artestaholic/stats.gif
28/6/5.5
And he was hurt most of the year! Look at his stats from the previous season...the year he single handedly lead the Pistons to the playoffs and almost beat Detroit...32/6.5/5.5 FG46% 3FG40% FT80%
And that was with the opposing teams entire defense focused around him...imagine how good he'd be playing with another superstar like Jermaine O'Neal to take some of the Ds attention....and his presence would also greatly increase JOs game....we'd be unbeatable.
But if a T-Mac/Artest trade doesnt happen Ill still be happy. Id really hate to see my fave player Artest go to a losing team when hes meant so much to us...

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 02:23 AM
Tmac is the Primary scorer , this is why his stats are so high , I don't think if he comes to Indiana he scores 28ppg ..more like 20 PPG

You need to realize Tmac is used to being the Primary scorer and coming to Indiana he wouldn't be the Primary scorer.

Artestaholic
06-02-2004, 02:27 AM
T-Mac would be the primary scorer ANYWHERE he went. McGrady is a much better scorer than Jermaine O'Neal. There's a reason he's led the league in scoring the past 2 seasons...
T-Mac will not average in lower than 25 ppg for the next 10 years.
On Indiana I could easily see him getting 28/8/6 a game on 48%...and with T-Mac around JO could get 23/12/3 bs a game on near 50% shooting...

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 02:34 AM
Sorry we could argue tit for tat allnight , but I don't think Tmac is required for a Chamionship , all we need is a solid 15-20 ppg SG who can create.

Also you give up alot of Defense to get Offense and there are 29 other teams that would drool to have ROn Artest, for ROn's price and skills he is a steal and we have him locked up til 2010 at a reasonable and great price.

We can find a Good SG without selling our souls and good players.

Anthem
06-02-2004, 02:41 AM
I wouldn't trade Ron Artest for Tracy McGrady, because Ron Artest is the better player. I'm reminded of this every time they go head-to-head.

If TMac played for us, though, he'd be on the same team as Ron. Everybody wins!

Also, I think we can all agree that TMac's ppg would come down. But so what? I'd be overjoyed to have TMac average 22, JO average 20, and Ron average 18. Tinsley distributes, and Foster rebounds. What's not to like?

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 02:42 AM
Anthem , Thanks for the COmments, I am glad I am not the only one who see's the Big Picture.

Having Tmac would be nice cause it makes TInsley focus more on Running the Offense instead of Scoring , I still think Foster Needs to work on His 12-15 ft Jumpshot and if he could give us a consistant 10ppg he would be a great weapon.

Anthem
06-02-2004, 02:49 AM
Having Tmac would be nice cause it makes TInsley focus more on Running the Offense instead of Scoring , I still think Foster Needs to work on His 12-15 ft Jumpshot and if he could give us a consistant 10ppg he would be a great weapon.

I think Foster and Tinsley, between them, should be good for 10-15 points between them. That's not too much to ask, is it? Along with 3 20ppg scorers, that's 70+ppg from your starters. And the defense would be almost as good, if not better (TMac would be a huge defensive upgrade from Reggie).

sixthman
06-02-2004, 11:41 AM
I don't think Orlando would take both Cro and Pollard in a T-Mac deal. That's too much ugly salary. If they decide they have to trade T-Mac, the deal will need to be a lot cleaner in terms of contracts.

LAPacer
06-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Give Orlando the size they need.

Brezec for TMac.

They could have a starting lineup of

Brezec
Okafur
Howard/Gooden
Stevenson
Lue

sweabs
06-02-2004, 11:49 AM

Brezec for TMac.

Brezec
Okafur
Howard/Gooden
Stevenson
Lue

:o Whoa! Watch out Lakers!!!

diego
06-02-2004, 11:50 AM
I wouldn't trade Ron Artest for Tracy McGrady, because Ron Artest is the better player. I'm reminded of this every time they go head-to-head.

If TMac played for us, though, he'd be on the same team as Ron. Everybody wins!

Also, I think we can all agree that TMac's ppg would come down. But so what? I'd be overjoyed to have TMac average 22, JO average 20, and Ron average 18. Tinsley distributes, and Foster rebounds. What's not to like?

Then you must not have been at the game this year when Tmac lit up Ronnie. I was there and it was ugly.

LAPacer
06-02-2004, 11:57 AM

Brezec for TMac.

Brezec
Okafur
Howard/Gooden
Stevenson
Lue

:o Whoa! Watch out Lakers!!!

8:58AM PST: ESPN is reporting that while Kobe was wiping his *** this morning he began to pee after hearing of this trade.