PDA

View Full Version : AJ with the People's Elbow

JayRedd
01-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Not sure if yall saw, but Anthony Johnson was suspended for yesterday's game. Apparently Calderon didn't smell what he was cooking.

KpRsQOdZIz8

This was found on Henry Abbott's MLK Day live-blogging post, which also features this gem:

Mike Dunleavy just ended the first half with a buzzer-beating three in Philadelphia, giving his team a 14-point halftime lead in the Jim O'Brien Cup. Dunleavy also, the TV camera makes clear, joins Manu Ginobili in the expanding bald spot club. Ginobili is probably the president. Dunleavy is running for VP. It's cool. Balding is cool. But sometimes people don't think they are balding. And that is not so fun. On a little sidenote, a friend once got carded buying beer. He was wearing a hat, which covered a pretty killer bald spot. As he fumbled for his ID, I nudged him and said "show her your bald spot!" He never acknowledged that I said that, and we never spoke of that again. Oops. Like I said, some guys are in denial.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-29-77/Liveblogging-an-Afternoon-of-Mucho-NBA-Basketball.html

idioteque
01-22-2008, 02:35 PM
I too have noticed the Dunleavy bald spot, I think I mentioned it on here but no one paid me any mind.

One man who has come to terms with his balding is Chris "The Caveman" Kaman, who finally sheared off his in-denial long haircut.

Lord Helmet
01-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Dunleavy's bald spot isn't really that bad......

Hicks
01-22-2008, 05:13 PM
That was a dick move by AJ. Ron Artest-esque.

avoidingtheclowns
01-22-2008, 05:17 PM
what the hell to the hawks have against the raptors PGs?

JayRedd
01-22-2008, 05:21 PM
what the hell to the hawks have against the raptors PGs?

It's just yet another symptom of the escalating animosity and forthcoming conflict between America and America Jr.

Putnam
01-22-2008, 05:24 PM
How come it's "the People's Elbow?"

rexnom
01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
It's just yet another symptom of the escalating animosity and forthcoming conflict between America and America Jr.
I am right there with you. We failed in 1812...but not this time...2012, baby.

FlavaDave
01-22-2008, 05:38 PM
And the headlines will read:

"FORMER PACER ANTHONY JOHNSON COMMITS ASSULT......."

BoomBaby33
01-22-2008, 06:19 PM
How come it's "the People's Elbow?"

Its in reference to former wrestler, turned "Hollywood actor", Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson from the WWE. That was his signature move: Applying the "People's Elbow" to his opponent.

I smelled what Jay was cookin'

The WWE hasn't been the same since The Rock quit. He was the best, besides Rick Flair. :cry:

Indianapolis_girly
01-22-2008, 06:31 PM
haha, The Rock.
Watching wrestling with my dad and brother. Good ol' days.

& yeah. I've seen Dunleavy's baldspot.
Sorta hard to miss. ;)

sweabs
01-22-2008, 08:42 PM
a

N8R
01-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Victory will be OURS

Anthem
01-22-2008, 10:18 PM
What's the phrase? Monk dimin'?

Kemo
01-22-2008, 10:56 PM
And the headlines will read:

"FORMER PACER ANTHONY JOHNSON COMMITS ASSULT......."

LOLI wouldn't doubt it , seeing as how these sportswriters all seem to not like the Pacers.. and rib us every chance they get

Shade
01-22-2008, 11:42 PM
The Goomba stomps back. :laugh:

FireMan
01-23-2008, 05:31 AM
ilgauskas comes to mind when talking about bald spots.

Evan_The_Dude
01-23-2008, 09:08 AM
That's more like the Lex Luger steel plate forearm shiver...

Drewtone
01-23-2008, 09:21 AM

Jay, as a Yank living up here, I believe the appropriate term is America-Lite, or if I really want to rile up the missus, America JV, or just JV.

I'm suprised that with the talk of Dun Dun's bald spot, everyone here is ignoring the NBA's best continuously receding hairline in former Pacer Austin Croschere.

Do you think that the people's eblow would work on AJ, given that he has no neck?

Los Angeles
01-23-2008, 10:34 AM
What is this "Canada" you guys are referring to?

Never heard of it.

LoneGranger33
01-23-2008, 10:45 AM
What is this "Canada" you guys are referring to?

Never heard of it.

I believe they are referring to the ancient land of Canadia, a magical land of sprites and pixies who bathe in maple syrup and have universal health care for young and old alike. Oh my it is truly an enchanting place.

Gyron
01-23-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm suprised that with the talk of Dun Dun's bald spot, everyone here is ignoring the NBA's best continuously receding hairline in former Pacer Austin Croschere.

Didn't Austin get some hair plugs recently? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought he'd done the hair plug thing....

Oneal07
01-23-2008, 10:57 AM
That was a dick move by AJ. Ron Artest-esque.

Yeah. . Calderon was schooling him the whole game. :laugh:

Naptown_Seth
01-23-2008, 02:47 PM
I am right there with you. We failed in 1812...but not this time...2012, baby.
Dibs on Yukon, I called it. Redd, you can have Newfoundland. It's small, you can put it in your backyard instead of a pool. Rexnom, jump on now before you get stuck with the French part.

Drewtone
01-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Dibs on Yukon, I called it. Redd, you can have Newfoundland. It's small, you can put it in your backyard instead of a pool. Rexnom, jump on now before you get stuck with the French part.

Well, Rexnom could take it and sublease Montreal to Tinsley and 'Quis... think Club Rio the size of a large city without Fingers and Dino...

Gyron
01-23-2008, 03:22 PM

Plus Jayredd, there is a City in Newfoundland named Dildo. Think of the money you could make off that city......

sweabs
01-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Who will be the lucky man to get Saskatchewan?

Gyron
01-23-2008, 04:02 PM
None of us could spell it, so it wouldn't matter.

JayRedd
01-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Plus Jayredd, there is a City in Newfoundland named Dildo. Think of the money you could make off that city......

Leave it to the twisted America Juniorians to found a city called that in a state* named after a dog.

* And yes...We're all well aware of what you think they're called. We just don't endorse the inefficiency of using two syllables where one will do. And that, boys and girls, is why our GDP isn't lower than Italy's.

rexnom
01-23-2008, 08:58 PM
I'll take British Columbia...or as it shall be known from here on out: "Down by the River." The capital shall be "Britney," named after OUR greatest queen. All the cities will be renamed according to a naming committed headed by Madelaine Albright and Flava Flav. Except for Vancouver, which shall remain Vancouver so that when people ask you where you live, you can say "In Vancouver, Down by the River."

Drewtone
01-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Leave it to the twisted America Juniorians to found a city called that in a state* named after a dog.

* And yes...We're all well aware of what you think they're called. We just don't endorse the inefficiency of using two syllables where one will do. And that, boys and girls, is why our GDP isn't lower than Italy's.

So Jay, you're saying you don't want a copy of my photo with Captain Dildo when we were there a couple of summers ago? (Yes, Dildo was an extra 2 hours away from where we were, but when you gotta, you gotta).

Naptown_Seth
01-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Well, Rexnom could take it and sublease Montreal to Tinsley and 'Quis... think Club Rio the size of a large city without Fingers and Dino...
Je m'appelle Fingers. Mon ami, il s'appelle Dino.
Maintenant vous devez "dump".