PDA

View Full Version : the refs were ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE AND COST US THE GAME

Suaveness
06-01-2004, 10:59 PM
You know, there is something called lowercase letters. Try and use them.

Suaveness
06-01-2004, 11:00 PM
And no, they did not cost the game.

sweabs
This cannot be totally blamed on the refs. They sure didn't help things, but our play was pretty bad.

efx
STOP. CRYING. PLEASE.

Seriously, some of you guys have already made up your mind about the refs. Well, let me tell ya, stop watching the NBA then because what's going to change?

Hicks
06-01-2004, 11:01 PM
About a half dozen calls I had big issues with, but past that, nah.

The players easily lost this game.

obnoxiousmodesty
06-01-2004, 11:01 PM
No, the Pacers' offensive ineptitude cost them the game. They were passive and allowed the Pistons to dictate everything.

Shade
06-01-2004, 11:02 PM
For once, I agree with Sassan.

And if you don't think Detroit wasn't allowed to get away with murder, especially down the stretch, you're either a moron or a homer. Plain and simple.

Yeah, hitting shots would have been nice, but it's hard to do when you're getting continuously mugged.

arkman40
06-01-2004, 11:04 PM
I don't buy it. The Pistons took this game from us, and we let them have it. I thought the refs were for the most part letting them play on both sides of the court. Nothing out of the ordinary IMO. We lost fair and square.

Stryder
06-01-2004, 11:05 PM

And if you don't think Detroit wasn't allowed to get away with murder, especially down the stretch, you're either a moron or a homer. Plain and simple.

Yeah, hitting shots would have been nice, but it's hard to do when you're getting continuously mugged.

Need some cheese with that whine?

Whine Whine Whine all day long....damn, boy....

MSA2CF
06-01-2004, 11:06 PM
Hey, XxSaSsXx31. Please type your further posts without all capital letters. It's really bad on my eyes and it reads as though you are yelling at the top of your lungs. I know you may be angry, but please don't capitalize a whole bunch of stuff.

efx
Stop calling people who disagree with you "morons".. Show some respect to your fellow posters dude.

Ultimate Frisbee
The refs in the NBA suck and can't seem to figure out how to call a game consistently or fairly... we know that... The press sucks and just hops on the bandwagon of whatever team has won the last game... we know that...

Those two reasons are precisely why the Pacers have a great team... because they usually aren't phased by that stuff... The game/series should have never been close enough for that stuff to matter anyway.

Shade
06-01-2004, 11:08 PM

How about I loan you a quarter instead so you can buy a more original comeback?

Stryder
06-01-2004, 11:11 PM

How about I loan you a quarter instead so you can buy a more original comeback?

Ut oh, looks like you need the quarter back! Hehe....
:devil:

waterjater
06-02-2004, 12:48 AM
Yeah we got hacked and hacked, but had we made any damn shots in the 2nd quarter, DETROIT never catches us!

We also hacked them on a lot of shots tonight. I thought we got screwed too, BUT we missed WIDE OPEN SHOTS late in the 4th that would've put the game in our favor!!

To win in the playoffs, YOU MUST MAKE SHOTS WHILE BEING FOULED and YOU MUST HIT THE OPEN SHOTS.

The only complaint I have is O'neal should be put on the line more when fouled constantly by Rasheed!

BUT AGAIN, Make shots is the way to erase stupid officiating!!

Water

beast23
06-02-2004, 01:23 AM
This is rediculous. Honestly, I thought that if you took the game as a whole the refs let us get by with a bunch of close calls.

The refs didn't cost us this game, and we didn't lose the game in the fourth quarter. We lost the game in the second quarter when the Pistons went about 10 minutes without a field goal and we couldn't put them away. That is inexperience. The 2000 team would have buried them during that stretch. We will learn.Obvious. But good observation (no one else mentioned it).

In the second quarter, we started "settling". First quarter probably came too easy for us, so in the second we started settling for perimeter shots instead of continuing to work the ball. I suppose you could say that inexperience led to "stupidity".

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 01:25 AM
THe Pacers Lost this Game , not the Refs and if we played like we did in the first quarter we wouldn't have had to worry about the Refs as it would have been a major blowout.

SycamoreKen
06-02-2004, 04:47 AM
Well we didn't so we lost. The Pistons played better, hit more baskets, so they won.