PDA

View Full Version : The more things change...

Shade
01-18-2008, 07:07 PM
...the more they stay the same, eh?

JO is out indefinitely with a knee injury.

Tinsley is coming off of a supension/deactivation for who-knows-why.

TPTB are making up excuses for their players and feeding the fans double-talk.

:sigh:

grace
01-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Am I supposed to say something to cheer you up or tell you something along the lines of I told you so?

Lord Helmet
01-18-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm about through with Tinsley. I think the Pacers, for their own good, need to find a way to get the guy off the team.

Robertmto
01-18-2008, 07:15 PM
don't forgot there's cookies Shade...:devil:

Lord Helmet
01-18-2008, 07:23 PM
don't forgot there's cookies Shade...:devil:
Shade eats?

Robertmto
01-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Shade eats?

i'm sure he'd love the aroma :whoknows:

OnlyPacersLeft
01-18-2008, 08:09 PM
hey we are on our way to an awesome 5 game winning streak! You'll see!

bellisimo
01-18-2008, 10:22 PM

i'm not a betting man like Unclebuck but even i would go all out on this statement :D

Kegboy
01-18-2008, 10:56 PM
:cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

:puke:

:tsk:

Naptown_Seth
01-19-2008, 01:04 PM
That just got a lot tougher if you saw how Sacto played with the return of Bibby and Artest. At least we caught them shorthanded out there and get them on a 2nd night here.

To Shade's point, as I said in the other thread, I'm also just sick of the doubletalk. I love that the coach has continued the Rick tradition of a weekly show (did Isiah have one?), but I'm really starting to tune out the pressers from TPTB. Whatever, just show me the game and let me decide.

I know they are fighting image and so on but I really think this fanbase would enjoy some honesty. We are sick of one thing being said and then having the future reality prove that false, perhaps even to have been a lie.

You don't even have to throw people under the bus. You can admit to not seeing eye to eye with Tins, but also take on some of the blame and downplay the intensity of it. Better to OWN the point yourself and control how it's perceived. If you say there are problems but put them on your terms you avoid the public coming up with much worse reasons why stuff is being hid.

Even if it was worse that's all the more reason to get some comment out there. Let's say Tins hit JOB with a chair, you might want to avoid that detail but you better admit to something because that's clearly an issue that's going to pop up again, and there you will be explaining yourself all over again.

Peck
01-19-2008, 04:43 PM
That just got a lot tougher if you saw how Sacto played with the return of Bibby and Artest. At least we caught them shorthanded out there and get them on a 2nd night here.

To Shade's point, as I said in the other thread, I'm also just sick of the doubletalk. I love that the coach has continued the Rick tradition of a weekly show (did Isiah have one?), but I'm really starting to tune out the pressers from TPTB. Whatever, just show me the game and let me decide.

I know they are fighting image and so on but I really think this fanbase would enjoy some honesty. We are sick of one thing being said and then having the future reality prove that false, perhaps even to have been a lie.

You don't even have to throw people under the bus. You can admit to not seeing eye to eye with Tins, but also take on some of the blame and downplay the intensity of it. Better to OWN the point yourself and control how it's perceived. If you say there are problems but put them on your terms you avoid the public coming up with much worse reasons why stuff is being hid.

Even if it was worse that's all the more reason to get some comment out there. Let's say Tins hit JOB with a chair, you might want to avoid that detail but you better admit to something because that's clearly an issue that's going to pop up again, and there you will be explaining yourself all over again.

I would like to provide some witty retort to this, but about the only thing that comes to my mind is.

AMEN, preach it brother!!!!