PDA

View Full Version : Good Non-Move by Larry

RomanGabriel
01-16-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm referring to our GM's coach hiring decision this summer. JOB seems to be a quality NBA head coach. As to the apparent runner-up - man, what a disaster Jim Boylan has been up here in Chitown! He might be a decent assistant and is a good man and interviews well, but he completely lost this Bulls team from the outset. He's been like the young idealistic substitute teacher being torn to shreds by a wild class of 7th graders. In addition to the Pacers, Ben Wallace has now destroyed a second team. Every insider says that he was completely behind the Skiles firing and has been the major cause of the dissension that's napalmed the Bulls this year. But I digress. Fortunately we don't have any Ben Wallaces on this team, but I wonder if Boylan could have handled this team either.

ABADays
01-16-2008, 01:08 PM
So Skiles may not have been the problem after all.

MyFavMartin
01-16-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm referring to our GM's coach hiring decision this summer. JOB seems to be a quality NBA head coach. As to the apparent runner-up - man, what a disaster Jim Boylan has been up here in Chitown! He might be a decent assistant and is a good man and interviews well, but he completely lost this Bulls team from the outset. He's been like the young idealistic substitute teacher being torn to shreds by a wild class of 7th graders. In addition to the Pacers, Ben Wallace has now destroyed a second team. Every insider says that he was completely behind the Skiles firing and has been the major cause of the dissension that's napalmed the Bulls this year. But I digress. Fortunately we don't have any Ben Wallaces on this team, but I wonder if Boylan could have handled this team either.

Who's the first team Ben Wallace destroyed?

Indiana?

Last I heard, Wallace was coming back from surgery and Chicago doesn't have much of a post threat. Skiles is a good coach and to put Boylan into the category of a bad coach is too early. Joakim is acting up, but wouldn't you if you cared about winning? Last I checked the Bulls were doing better than the Pacers in the last month. Indy 2-8 in last 10 and Chi is 5-5.

Major Cold
01-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Ben was a major lobbist for Lary Brown to leave.

grace
01-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Jim Boylan is not the problem. It's the players that are the problem. I beginning to think there isn't a coach out there that they'd listen to. And I do think a lot of it is Ben Wallace's fault. The man wouldn't even be a team captain when he was asked. Luol and Ben Gordon don't have the mental make up to survive in the cut throat world of contract negotiations and trade talks. And then there's Noah. I'm starting to think he should be on the team that travels with the Harlem Globetrotters. The only player on the Bulls that is any good is Joe Smith and that's a sad, sad thing to say.

Not that it matters to me. As far as I'm concerned that team doesn't exist any more.

JayRedd
01-16-2008, 02:24 PM
In addition to the Pacers, Ben Wallace has now destroyed a second team. Every insider says that he was completely behind the Skiles firing and has been the major cause of the dissension that's napalmed the Bulls this year. But I digress. Fortunately we don't have any Ben Wallaces on this team, but I wonder if Boylan could have handled this team either.

I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion among yall folk...

But if I was a 4-time DPOY, 5-time All NBA player and a guy who had captained my team to an NBA Championship and four-straight ECFs...I would probably also think the little Napolean-complex-having, prematurely balding, marginally talented former NBA player that was publicly ripping me and vehemently telling me I couldn't wear the headband and arm bands I had been wearing for like 8 years was an utter douchebag.

But that's just me. This is the NBA, not some high school in Texas. You just can't treat 30-year old millionaires with families and kids like that.

It may sound like a good throwback idea. But it's not.

Shade
01-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Jim Boylan is not the problem. It's the players that are the problem. I beginning to think there isn't a coach out there that they'd listen to. And I do think a lot of it is Ben Wallace's fault. The man wouldn't even be a team captain when he was asked. Luol and Ben Gordon don't have the mental make up to survive in the cut throat world of contract negotiations and trade talks. And then there's Noah. I'm starting to think he should be on the team that travels with the Harlem Globetrotters. The only player on the Bulls that is any good is Joe Smith and that's a sad, sad thing to say.

Not that it matters to me. As far as I'm concerned that team doesn't exist any more.

Yup. But I'd also expand that to include Paxson. Whenever you have trade rumors running rampant about your players and refuse to address them when the players ask if there's any validity to them, you're setting yourself up for disaster. It's only compounded by the attitude most of these players have to begin with (particularly Wallace and Noah).

The Bulls need to ship out players like Wallace and Noah, and perhaps pursue a new GM as well.

Shade
01-16-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion among yall folk...

But if I was a 4-time DPOY, 5-time All NBA player and a guy who had captained my team to an NBA Championship and four-straight ECFs...I would probably also think the little Napolean-complex-having, prematurely balding, marginally talented former NBA player that was publicly ripping me and vehemently telling me I couldn't wear the headband and arm bands I had been wearing for like 8 years was an utter douchebag.

But that's just me. This is the NBA, not some high school in Texas. You just can't treat 30-year old millionaires with families and kids like that.

It may sound like a good throwback idea. But it's not.

Wallace has had a problem with every coach he's been under. His ego is out of control and has been for a long time, and the man obviously has issues with authority figures.