PDA

View Full Version : why doesnt reggie get the ball nearly everytime?

sweabs
06-01-2004, 09:21 PM
g

Peck
06-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Funny, I was thinking the exact opposite.

I was wondering why the hell Reggie was in the game. I was wondering why the hell Fred Jones has sit down.

Anthem
06-02-2004, 02:25 AM
I watched the first quarter, and nearly everytime i don't see the ball on reggie's hand. plus he needs more playing time i don't care about how he ain't the player he used to be he runs our offence when we need it he needs more playing time.

Why doesn't Reggie get the ball more?

Because he can't shoot it or drive it. The only reason to give him the ball is because he's the second best passer on the team, and the #1 guy was playing on one leg.

TheSauceMaster
06-02-2004, 08:12 AM
I know, but he needs more playing time thats all.

More Playing time are you serious ? he gets what 26 -30 mins a game and still puts up low numbers , I think he was the Lowest PPG Starting SG in the NBA.

diego
06-02-2004, 10:08 AM
I watched the first quarter, and nearly everytime i don't see the ball on reggie's hand. plus he needs more playing time i don't care about how he ain't the player he used to be he runs our offence when we need it he needs more playing time.

dude, take off the rosy glasses. Miller is the reason we lost this series. Period. I love Reggie and want see him retire here, but lack of guard play killed us. We lost this series because not only could he not guard Rip he was unable to at least offset it with scoring himself. If you get outscored by 20 a game at any one position, that is your biggest weakness.

diego
06-02-2004, 10:08 AM

dude, take off the rosy glasses. Miller is the reason we lost this series. Period. I love Reggie and want see him retire here, but lack of guard play killed us. We lost this series because not only could he not guard Rip he was unable to at least offset it with scoring himself. If you get outscored by 20 a game at any one position, that is your biggest weakness.

LAPacer
06-02-2004, 10:12 AM
He doesn't get more PT because his defense is barely serviceable, and on offense he can't get open. When he is open, he likes to pass the ball right away. He is not the old Reggie, he is a Reggie who is old. Glimpses of his greatness are too infrequent.

Slick Pinkham
06-02-2004, 10:37 AM
A better question would be "why doesn't the person Reggie is guarding get the ball every time?"

That philosophy works-- see Tayshaun Prince in the 4th quarter.

Dukins
06-02-2004, 10:44 AM
why doesnt reggie get the ball nearly everytime?

He cant shoot like he used to, he cant get his own shot, he doesnt play defense, he shouldve retired last year, he gave the series away, because he is not the man anymore!!!! :rant:

ChicagoJ
06-02-2004, 10:47 AM
Why doesn't Reggie get the ball more?

Because he can't shoot it or drive it. The only reason to give him the ball is because he's the second best passer on the team, and the #1 guy was playing on one leg.

I know some people say Reggie is our second-best passer, mostly because of his assist totals.

But Reggie has also been very, very turnover prone over the past couple of seasons. Passes sailing out of bounds, or hitting guys in the feet. Mis-reading cuts.

At this stage of his career, when Reggie doesn't shoot the ball immediately upon catching it, bad things happen more often than not.

:( (I don't like it, but its true.)

Roy Munson
06-02-2004, 12:30 PM

Reggie doesn't get the ball everytime because he CAN'T get the ball everytime. He's too slow. He's very easy to guard. He can't get open.