PDA

View Full Version : 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors

Pages : [1] 2

BostonConnection
01-13-2008, 05:44 PM
:boxer: TAKE THE FIGHT TO THE WARRIORS!!! :boxer:

http://images.sportsline.com/images/nba/logos/IND.gif -VS-http://images.sportsline.com/images/nba/logos/GS.gif
<hr>

Game Time Start: 9:00 pm EST

TV: FSN-Indiana
Radio: WFNI 1070-AM

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=450><TBODY><TR><TH bgColor=#003366 colSpan=6>Projected Pacers' Starting Lineup:</TH><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>C</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>PF</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>SF</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>SG</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>PG</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/jermaine_oneal.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/mike_dunleavy.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/danny_granger.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/kareem_rush.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/jamaal_tinsley.jpg</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>O'Neal</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Dunleavy</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Granger</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Rush</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Tinsley</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TH bgColor=orange colSpan=6>Projected Warriors' Starting Lineup:</TH><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>C</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>PF</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>SF</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>SG</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>PG</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/andris_biedrins.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/al_harrington.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/stephen_jackson.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/monta_ellis.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/baron_davis.jpg</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Biedrins</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Harrington</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Jackson</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Ellis</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Davis</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Season Records: (W-L)
:thepacers 17-21 (Road: 9-12)
:warriors: 21-16 (Home: 10-7)

Upcoming Games:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=300 border=1><TR><TD><b>Date</b></TD><TD><b>Opponent</b></TD><TD><b>Time</b></TD><TD><b>TV</b></TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan 16</TD><TD>vs Golden State</TD><TD>7:00 pm</TD><TD>FSBA, FSIN</TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan 19</TD><TD>vs Sacramento</TD><TD>7:00 pm</TD><TD>KXTV, FSIN</TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan 21</TD><TD>at Philadelphia</TD><TD>2:00 pm</TD><TD>CSNP</TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan 23</TD><TD>at Chicago</TD><TD>8:30 pm</TD><TD>FSIN, CSNC</TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan 24</TD><TD>at Milwaukee</TD><TD>8:00 pm</TD><TD>FSIN</TD></TR></TABLE>

Trivia Question: Who was the player traded to the Warriors in return for Jeff Foster back in 1999?
Answer:Indiana Pacers traded the rights to Vonteego Cummings (and a future 1st round selection) to the Golden State Warriors for the rights to Jeff Foster, who was drafted by Golden State in the 1st round (21st overall) in 1999.

pwee31
01-13-2008, 05:46 PM
I need a pick me up after the $#%#$%#$ Colts game!

Kstat
01-13-2008, 05:47 PM
This game should be fun. Final score should be 130-128.

aero
01-13-2008, 05:49 PM
I need a pick me up after the $#%#$%#$ Colts game!

you and me both brother, im sooooo depressed right now :(

kester99
01-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Watching the IU game might make you feel better, if you lean in that direction.

aero
01-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Watching the IU game might make you feel better, if you lean in that direction.

If you're an IU fan then sure, however im a Purdue fan so... :p

ajbry
01-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah I don't know if this is going to alleviate any stress after the Colts game.

Warriors are rested (for once) and at home, they don't lose too many of these games against lesser opponents.

I hope JOB doesn't intend on having Kareem Rush guarding Monta Ellis. He'll get dusted every single time down the floor. Dude made his first 11 shots the other night and I wouldn't put it past him to have another great night.

Kemo
01-13-2008, 06:03 PM
I sure as hell hope that JOB does not play Tinsley more than 20 minutes tonight ..

If Tinsley plays the majority of the pg minutes.. we will lose this game....
I sure as hell DO NOT want to see the mel-mel / o'neal show tonight... cause if I do , I wont even bother watching the rest of game... cause Tinsley will FIND a way to lose it for us...

I hope JOB has seen the light with this new smaller line-up ..

If the same lineup and player rotation is played tonight , that was played against the kings... It could very well end up being a game of the year candidate... I could very well see GS becoming as much of a rival team to Indiana , as Detroit is...

There will be alot of competitiveness tonight... as this is the first game that Dun Dun , Murph, and Ike will have played against their former team... Then for GS you have .. Jack , Harrington , and Croshere.. who you just KNOW ... want to rub a win in our faces...

(I would have mentioned Sarunas , but seeing as how Nelson wont play him , he is a non-factor this game...) I see Dunleavy especially stepping up in this game... I just hope he dont lose confidence , and only shoot 7-9 shots .. I mean after all GS fans treated him like ***** , booing him at their own home games ... I see a VERY HEATED rivalry being formed in front of our eyes tonight....

I think that if JOB lets Diener play 28 to 30 minutes like he did last night... that we will see another 19+ point game out of him... I personally think he is gonna burn baron up at the point offensively.... The only advantage I see in that matchup for Baron Davis... is the fact that he drives the lane alot and can be a high flyer when he wants to be... and defensively he is a little bit more effective and seasoned than Diener...
But I think Travis is too fast for him... lol

Ya I think tonight's game is gonna be a thrilla ...

I forsee 1 of 2 things happening tonight...

Either we will win by a total blowout...
or
I see us fighting a hard fought battle into OT , possibly Double OT ... with Pacers coming up with the win..

Personally I think the latter will occur ..

IF..... and I mean IF ... JOB dont push Tinsley down our throats this game...

As I said before... if that happens.. we will lose this game.. ....mark my words...

ajbry
01-13-2008, 06:07 PM
I think that if JOB lets Diener play 28 to 30 minutes like he did last night... that we will see another 19+ point game out of him... I personally think he is gonna burn baron up at the point offensively.... The only advantage I see in that matchup for Baron Davis... is the fact that he drives the lane alot and can be a high flyer when he wants to be... and defensively hs is a little bit more seasoned than Diener...

Baron Davis probably doesn't even know who Diener is.

And I don't see this becoming a rivalry, there's no significance in a matchup that happens only a couple of times per season and places little bearing on the playoffs. The meeting last year wasn't even close either.

Kemo
01-13-2008, 06:14 PM
I disagree .. only for the fact you have 2 teams that traded a combined 8 players ... and believe me there is animosity between the players and their former teams... watch what i say.. this is going to be a good game..

ajbry
01-13-2008, 06:15 PM
I never said that these individual games won't be entertaining, but there's nothing to merit the development of a rivalry.

Kemo
01-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Baron Davis probably doesn't even know who Diener is.

You are probably right , hell he prally don't even know who is president right now.. lol... ..Although I enjoyed watching him play in the playoffs last year.... Baron's a knucklehead at times ... and a loose cannon..

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Ajbry, are you still a Pacers fan...?

Shade
01-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Wow. One good game and all of a sudden, Diener is faster (and better) than Baron Davis? :lol:

Lord Helmet
01-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Let's step it up and get a win.

Get back to .500, damnit.

ajbry
01-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Ajbry, are you still a Pacers fan...?

My interest fades in and out. Reggie and Jack were far and away my favorite Pacers and without their presence, it ain't really like I have too much invested in a team that's several hundred miles away to begin with.

Kemo
01-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Wow. One good game and all of a sudden, Diener is faster (and better) than Baron Davis? :lol:

not 1 good game .. if you know my posting history and my ravings about Diener, then you would know.. its NOT because of 1 good game.. geeze..

and yes Baron Davis has a screw loose .. at times he is a great PG .. and other times he leaves you wondering WTF?!

CableKC
01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
I sure as hell hope that JOB does not play Tinsley more than 20 minutes tonight ..

I sure as hell DO NOT want to see the mel-mel / o'neal show tonight... cause if I do , I wont even bother watching the rest of game... cause Tinsley will FIND a way to lose it for us...

If the same lineup and player rotation is played tonight , that was played against the kings... It could very well end up being a game of the year candidate... I could very well see GS becoming as much of a rival team to Indiana , as Detroit is...

There will be alot of competitiveness tonight... as this is the first game that Dun Dun , Murph, and Ike will have played against their former team... Then for GS you have .. Jack , Harrington , and Croshere.. who you just KNOW ... want to rub a win in our faces...

(I would have mentioned Sarunas , but seeing as how Nelson wont play him , he is a non-factor this game...) I see Dunleavy especially stepping up in this game... I just hope he dont lose confidence , and only shoot 7-9 shots .. I mean after all GS fans treated him like ***** , booing him at their own home games ... I see a VERY HEATED rivalry being formed in front of our eyes tonight....

I think that if JOB lets Diener play 28 to 30 minutes like he did last night... that we will see another 19+ point game out of him... I personally think he is gonna burn baron up at the point offensively.... The only advantage I see in that matchup for Baron Davis... is the fact that he drives the lane alot and can be a high flyer when he wants to be... and defensively he is a little bit more effective and seasoned than Diener...

or
I see us fighting a hard fought battle into OT , possibly Double OT ... with Pacers coming up with the win..

As I said before... if that happens.. we will lose this game.. ....mark my words...
I reallly hope that Tinsley does play.....Baron is going to abuse Diener on the offensive end. This is going to be one of those situations where I think that Diener won't be a good PG......I DO NOT WANT Diener to guard Baron.....he's just going to shoot over him everytime.

CableKC
01-13-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm off to my 2nd Pacer game in 2 days.......here's to Dunleavy and Murphy showing the Warriors what they missed out on :buddies:

Again.....if you see an Asian guy dressed in a Pacer jersey....that's probably me.

able
01-13-2008, 08:54 PM

or

I see you really keep up to date with the nba, i certainly will watch out for your postings.

If it was for Saras, Diener would be the next revelation ?

:sarcasm:

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm off to my 2nd Pacer game in 2 days.......here's to Dunleavy and Murphy showing the Warriors what they missed out on :buddies:

Again.....if you see an Asian guy dressed in a Pacer jersey....that's probably me.

You might just be our good luck chuck.

OnlyPacersLeft
01-13-2008, 09:20 PM
I came home to see the colts lost...and was shocked...without philip rivers and LT!? wtf?
Pacers probably lose this one...end of a road trip on a back to back...I bet we lay down and die if the warriors hit their 3's early.

andreialta
01-13-2008, 09:36 PM
DUN DUN for carrer high tonight. or carreer worse. theres gonna be booing! i wish theres gonna be awing!

but mostly boooos

like boooos

from the sacto game, there was already booooos

aceace
01-13-2008, 09:56 PM
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=5441&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Read this thread... its amazing how much they hate Dun. You would think he's Bill Buckner. The W fans have had this game circled on the calendar. I'd give my left nut for Dun to score 50 tonight and the Pacers win.

tora tora
01-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Why did they have to drag Quinn "know it all" Buckner in this trip? I thought he only did home games.
Why are the Pistons getting raped by the Knicks? :laugh:

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 10:11 PM
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=5441&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Read this thread... its amazing how much they hate Dun. You would think he's Bill Buckner. The W fans have had this game circled on the calendar. I'd give my left nut for Dun to score 50 tonight and the Pacers win.

I already have like 400 left nuts - everybody wagers them...I'd like to get a couple righties to even things out.

JayRedd
01-13-2008, 10:13 PM
I already have like 400 left nuts - everybody wagers them...I'd like to get a couple righties to even things out.

Because as we all know, you loooove nuts.

granger33
01-13-2008, 10:18 PM
JO A MONSTER TONIGHT.

LoneGranger33
JERMAINE IS ANGRY!

Doddage
Hell yeah, kick their *****in *** Pacers

ajbry
JO looks great so far. Andris has a lot of trouble with the better big men in the league when it comes down to individual defense.

Doddage
01-13-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm not all for a winning record, but I want this one

LoneGranger33
Because as we all know, you loooove nuts.

Well, love is a strong word. The only things I really love are basketball and yo mama!

aceace
Anybody think there will be a pushing and shoving match before this ones over? I wouldn't be surprised... if Pacers get a big lead (lets hope) we should be able to depend on Jax for something like that.(motivational reasons for his team)

ThA HoyA
01-13-2008, 10:21 PM
dear warriors

ur very welcome for harrington

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 10:22 PM
DatDude just called me. He says that Jermaine is GOD.

ajbry
01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
That was pretty.

JayRedd
01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Dun Dun just got his ankles broke by Stephen.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 10:25 PM
O'Neal just broke his hip...

tora tora
01-13-2008, 10:25 PM
That was pretty.

That was more pretty.

JayRedd
01-13-2008, 10:26 PM
JO just embarrassed Croshere on his attempted drive.

aceace
lovvinnnnnn Duns play... take it to em big guy.

granger33
DUNLEAVY owning there crowd

JayRedd
01-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Cro for three. Did he join the Hair Club for Men? Looking fuller.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 10:27 PM
PLEASE GOD KEEP UP THE INTENSITY!

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Cro for three. Did he join the Hair Club for Men? Looking fuller.

It must be the Indy water system. Dunleavy has quite the bald spot.

JayRedd
01-13-2008, 10:33 PM
It must be the Indy water system. Dunleavy has quite the bald spot.

Is Ginobli from Indiana?

Nice to see Baron pick up his 3rd foul early. Don Nelson letting him stay in though.

Also...did Troy seriously just steal the ball from Monta(y) and take it coast-to-coast for the lay-in?

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Murphy blocks Baron Davis?
Why is he playing so well!?

kester99
01-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Make 'em love you even more , Mike. Triple double would do it.

aceace
01-13-2008, 10:36 PM
WOW solid 1st qtr... keep it up. Crowd out of the game... really liking that.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Murphy has played well enough today already for me to take away the "death of the franchise" label.

Please keep up this pace. PLEASE!

JayRedd
01-13-2008, 10:41 PM
The Dean with a tech. No idea what he did...but I like it.

JayRedd
01-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Jack just walked badly prior to that lay-up. They didn't call it though.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Uh oh.

kester99
01-13-2008, 10:44 PM
These guys may eat Diener alive.

granger33
01-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Diener obviously got hacked on that 3, which made him upset.

antone315
01-13-2008, 10:45 PM
were playing good but we always settle for jumpers when were up by alot and i think thats what brings these teams back all the time! take it to the damn hoop when we have a huge lead..come on guys!:buddies::dance:

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Mike needs to shoot that.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 10:48 PM
That was a great pass by Diener that Shawne bobbled.

aceace
01-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Croshere still has the bald spot... he's using that spray on stuff to hide it. He's in California now got to hide that.

Shade
JO stuffs Al!

Doddage
GET THE ***** OUT OF HERE AL

granger33
01-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Al Harrington got rejected big time by JO.

ajbry
01-13-2008, 10:53 PM
This is some ugly ball. Pacers look interested in winning, whereas the Dubs are just treading water.

antone315
01-13-2008, 10:54 PM
hhahaha win or lose its a fun game to watch with all the pacers and former pacers playing alot..don't ya think?:-p

granger33
01-13-2008, 10:58 PM
smart move by Obrien to post up JT on baron

Shade
01-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Nice D by Dun!

Shade
01-13-2008, 11:00 PM
That was clearly a charge.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 11:01 PM
MAKEUP CALLS suck when the first call is good.

Doddage
01-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Quinn made a good generalizable point about Croshere on JO:
"There's no feeling in Jermaine's mind that Croshere can guard him"

If only he could apply that thought every game....

Shade
01-13-2008, 11:02 PM
MAKEUP CALLS suck when the first call is good.

Yup.

LoneGranger33
What did JO just say? Anyone?

granger33
Man JO didnt like that call

JO: "GET THE *** OUTTA HERE"

ajbry
01-13-2008, 11:03 PM
This is hideous.

Shade
01-13-2008, 11:04 PM
What the hell is Stacy Paetz wearing?

Whatever it is, it makes her boobs look huge! :eek:

AesopRockOn
01-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Damn. Five point swing.

LoneGranger33
Dun Dun has cooled off significantly.

Shade
Al has the aggressiveness that JO is lacking. Makes JO look that much slower.

Shade
And there's the meltdown we see in pretty much every game.

Naptown_Seth
01-13-2008, 11:08 PM
There's speed and then there's Ellis speed.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Remember the Twolves game? That was fun.

Shade
01-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Murphy getting stuffed like that is just embarrassing.

Shade
Diener!

Doddage
DIENER!!

LoneGranger33
There's speed and then there's Ellis speed.

Dude's getting a max contract.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 11:10 PM
LOL @ Diener's amazing drive.

granger33
Diener what a shot

AesopRockOn
That's it. Diener is more clutch than JO.

kester99
Nice little last-minute run...

Naptown_Seth
Two days ago I ripped on Ballboy a little bit, not that I didn't think he could be an okay backup at times, but this is still putting it in my face. Props to the kid... and his ballboy attempt to grow a fake ID beard. ;)

antone315
01-13-2008, 11:11 PM
why doesnt friggen granger dunk the damn ball!!!!!!!??? is he friggen scared to go up with it or what?

kester99
He's the Ballin'Boy so far.

LoneGranger33
I'm scared ****less about the second half, but right now I'm pretty damn happy.

Lord Helmet
01-13-2008, 11:13 PM
What the hell is Stacy Paetz wearing?

Whatever it is, it makes her boobs look huge! :eek:
I like it! A lot!

aceace
01-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Jax a no show so far. That worries me a little... but a 9 pt lead at the half against a good team is excellent.

Oneal07
01-13-2008, 11:15 PM
We got control of this GAME!!! If we keep it up. We're gonna win!!!

BlueNGold
01-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Dun is having a solid game with 8 boards, 4 assists, 7 points.

The disappearing act is something GS fans had said about him. Let's see what happens in the next half...

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Dun is having a solid game with 8 boards, 4 assists, 7 points.

The disappearing act is something GS fans had said about him. Let's see what happens in the next half...

That's why I think his nickname should be "White Magic".

BlueNGold
01-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Ball Boy Diener was shooting poorly early on, but if he starts hitting it's clear he will be very good. He sees the floor well, has great quickness and has a nice looking stroke.

The question is, was his slow start due to the mental aspects of the game (e.g. confidence). He certainly looks like he has game.

BlueNGold
01-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Props to JO for playing an efficient game on offense...although he's being guarded by females. GS has no real men over 6'8".

granger33
01-13-2008, 11:22 PM
has foster been on yet?? i dont think he has.

maybe Obie doesnt think its his type of game

aceace
01-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Dun 7/8/4 with a block and steal. C'mon mike triple double baby.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oops someone already posted it

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Props to JO for playing an efficient game on offense...although he's being guarded by females. GS has no real men over 6'8".

Andris Biedrins hates you.

Granted he spikes his hair, but he's still a man.

jeffg-body
01-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Gotta love the Diener (white magician assistant) mobile, white magic (loved that post) and seeing Murph get blocked. Should be a fun 2nd half.

BlueNGold
01-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Andris Biedrins hates you.

Granted he spikes his hair, but he's still a man.

Billy Idol was a girl too.

granger33
01-13-2008, 11:29 PM
JO loves taunting the crowd

Anthem
01-13-2008, 11:29 PM
That was straight-up old-school intimidation.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 11:30 PM
I don't know what happened to the refs since the first half, but they suck now.

Anthem
01-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Man, that was a nice pick.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Marquis shouldn't be feeding the post.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Oh come on Mel Mel.

Anthem
01-13-2008, 11:36 PM
A flagrant one? That's just bizarre. Tech if you want to penalize him for a stupid play. But nothing about that was flagrant.

AesopRockOn
Agreed. No flagrant. Just stupidity.

Unclebuck
Stupid play Jamaal. We don't need that right now

kester99
Slick really wants JT to sit.

Eindar
01-13-2008, 11:37 PM
I didn't see a flagrant 1 there, especially considering how much they've been letting them play up to this point.

Naptown_Seth
F'n Mel. Typical. He loves the mid-court frustration foul thinned veiled as "slowing them down/good foul".

JO's blocks, maybe he's not $20m, but how can you question his value on the defensive end, especially with this perimeter defense.

LoneGranger33
I think Granger needs to work on his passing.

kester99
01-13-2008, 11:38 PM
we don't need to wake these guys up.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 11:40 PM
This is not a productive lineup right now.

OnlyPacersLeft
wow just flipped to the game we had a 17 pt lead? why is it we can't hold leads? this is just stupid. WE NEED TO LEARN TO FINISH TEAMS OFF! because we get big leads then blow them and end up losing. Where as if we stick with what got us the lead...we probably cruise!

Naptown_Seth
Something is seriously wrong with JO's confidence or offensive game when he settles for an air-ball fade on Croshere. Say what you will but back in the day there is no way that happened. You don't get 55 on anyone with that kind of game.

I don't get it considering his lift for blocks at the other end. His offensive footwork and decisions just look timid and confused.

granger33
01-13-2008, 11:42 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/21/fullj.31604e7b3c539acd74254bc207a22de8/31604e7b3c539acd74254bc207a22de8-getty-76075916rw003_warriors_pacers.jpg

^^ Murph should be a cheerleader

Naptown_Seth
01-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Something is seriously wrong with JO's confidence or offensive game when he settles for an air-ball fade on Croshere.
Hmm, they read my mind I guess. :D

Diener's issue is his size and ability to deny shots on even modest sized guys. All Ellis had to do was go over a pick for an easy jumper on him.

AesopRockOn
01-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Gambling when guarding Baron leads to bad things.

Naptown_Seth
01-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Gambling when guarding Baron leads to bad things.
They did the same thing on Kmart last night. Same result. Why would you ever gamble on guys that good off the dribble? Just making the game harder on themselves.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 11:46 PM

antone315
01-13-2008, 11:49 PM
why are all our players trying to win this game one on one??? dude seriously, stop and ****ing run some damn motion offense jesus ! you can break down there defense going one on one!! and stop the damn turnoverssssssss!!!!

OnlyPacersLeft
I knew it...UHG...we just hit these times where we can't score...and here it is.
I hate this! we really need this W!

AesopRockOn
Troy Murphy should only be matched up with Austin; he's got absolutely no advantage over the rest of the big men on that team.

Kinda want to see how Owens would do in this small ball offense.

aceace
01-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Tinsley with the hard foul on Ellis got him fired up. How many flagrants he had this year. Stupid!

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Great

Shade
01-13-2008, 11:51 PM
I don't know why I keep watching these games. I already know what's going to happen.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 11:52 PM
Marquis with the fade away jumper. That's good offense right there.

pianoman
well, this sucks

Naptown_Seth
Quis driving into traffic for a layup = gold.
ANYTHING ELSE = don't do it.

I really hate when he drives for a long pull up, and even moreso when he does a post turn-around fade to the baseline. WTF.

Naptown_Seth
01-13-2008, 11:53 PM
thank you refs

Danny for the out of control mugging win. ;) Yeesh kid, settle it down a bit, what did you do pull a pre-game Army or something?

LoneGranger33
Granger high jumps Jax.

AesopRockOn
Who was that guy they just showed in the first row? He's been in a lot of Spike Lee films.

pianoman
01-13-2008, 11:54 PM
atta boy Danny!!!!!!!!

AesopRockOn
Danny shooting it tonight.

LoneGranger33
Granger = hero.

Anthem
Something is seriously wrong with JO's confidence or offensive game when he settles for an air-ball fade on Croshere. Say what you will but back in the day there is no way that happened. You don't get 55 on anyone with that kind of game.

I don't get it considering his lift for blocks at the other end. His offensive footwork and decisions just look timid and confused.
Right, that's my issue as well. Everybody wants to talk about how the knee is impeding his ability to go up, but you sure don't see it on D. In terms of owning the paint, he's playing the best ball of his life. They've "only" got him down for 5 blocks this game, but you've seen several other crazy shots as guys threw it away when they realized JO was coming for them.

Is it just the loss of Aguire? No big man coach? The new system? What's the deal?

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 11:55 PM
He's too slow on offense. On defense, the action comes to him - he stands still.

pianoman
01-13-2008, 11:56 PM
well...
the good: we lead by 3
the bad: 1 on 1 mentality
the ugly:1 more quarter

antone315
i dont know about you guys but i love the lineup of tins, rush, williams, granger and oneal..:D:dance:

LoneGranger33
It would be GREAT if Dunleavy showed up for the fourth quarter.

OnlyPacersLeft
01-13-2008, 11:57 PM
man can we sustain a damn quarter? win this quarter and it's a huge way to end the trip!

AesopRockOn
01-13-2008, 11:58 PM
BS

pianoman
01-13-2008, 11:59 PM
It would be GREAT if Dunleavy showed up for the fourth quarter.

and maybe bring the whole team with him

AesopRockOn
01-13-2008, 11:59 PM
Did I just see that Detroit score correctly?

Shade
01-14-2008, 12:00 AM
GS is getting their fair share of calls tonight.

AesopRockOn
Back to back bull****.

Shade
Did I just see that Detroit score correctly?

Yeah, but it was their 4th road game in 5 nights.

pianoman
01-14-2008, 12:01 AM
AND ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shade
Did JO just do an "and 1, mother****er!?" :lol:

LoneGranger33
LOL - somehow, we cheated on that shot.

Naptown_Seth
01-14-2008, 12:02 AM
And Anthem, I don't think it's "style" at all. That's so overplayed. JOB posts guys all the time and not just JO. We saw Tins in the post like crazy the other day.

The problem is his crap moves in the post. He looks washed up down there half the time. Maybe it's the timing of how long he's supposed to work before passing I guess, but it seems like more than that.

edit: yeah, could be speed/game coming to him, but he's made some quick defensive reactions too.

BTW, since then we got the And-1 finger roll and then that nice face up jumper.

Anthem
I'm no lip reader, but I don't think what Jermaine said there was complimentary.

Shade
Dun with the steal from Jack!

AesopRockOn
01-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Sexy break.

Shade
JO's starting to feel it...

pianoman
JO, where have you been?

Shade
Danny stuffs Jack!

Shade
01-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Tech on Jack! There's the Jack we all know and love. :laugh:

OnlyPacersLeft
wooooooooo JO's feeling it!

AesopRockOn
They stopped our break by giving us a technical free throw. That's a new kind of transition defense.

sweabs
Haha - so glad I don't have to put up with that goon (Jackson) anymore. Great defense by Danny tonight so far.

granger33
ahhh good old Jackson getting T's up and shooting horrible from the field.

makes me remember the good old days

LoneGranger33
01-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Wait, that's pretty cheap. We get a free throw instead of a lay-up?

OnlyPacersLeft
wow! it feels great to see jermaine o'neal back on the court! havent seen him in awhile! he's working on a double double!

antone315
haha danny swatted the **** out of that thug:laugh::buddies:

LoneGranger33
ahhh good old Jackson getting T's up and shooting horrible from the field.

makes me remember the good old days

You are really messing up our karma right now...

ajbry
I'm very annoyed.

Shade
01-14-2008, 12:06 AM
And Anthem, I don't think it's "style" at all. That's so overplayed. JOB posts guys all the time and not just JO. We saw Tins in the post like crazy the other day.

The problem is his crap moves in the post. He looks washed up down there half the time. Maybe it's the timing of how long he's supposed to work before passing I guess, but it seems like more than that.

Pay close attention, Seth. Jack is having a microcosm of what drove me crazy when he was a Pacer.

Last two possession of GS:

1) Dun pokes it away, Jack turnover
2) Jack drives, gets blocked by Granger
3) Jack picks up a tech

Anthem

Don't think so either. But I don't know what it is.

If only Baby Al could guard him every night.

LoneGranger33
KARMA GUYS!

jeffg-body
01-14-2008, 12:07 AM
I was waiting for Danny to look at Jack and say, "In you're face Charlie Murphy":dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Shade
01-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Baron has lost his mind. :laugh:

Shade
01-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Danny's not hesitating tonight. I love it.

LoneGranger33
I was waiting for Danny to look at Jack and say, "In you're face Charlie Murphy":dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Baron has lost his mind. :laugh:

KARMA!!

AesopRockOn
GS shooting awful from three.

Shade
01-14-2008, 12:09 AM
JO with deus blocks on Al!! :eek: :eek:

indypacerfan54
Its awesome how the pacers traded for the 3 least exciting players on their team Id rather have had any other combo

granger33
Jermaine another huge block

Anthem
They stopped our break by giving us a technical free throw. That's a new kind of transition defense.
:laugh: Yeah, that was great. I'm sure that's why Jack picked up the tech... he was trying to help the team.

kester99
Danny only thinks he has that floating one hander in his bag.

Naptown_Seth
Without a doubt this is a "bad Jack" game, but isn't it really a horrifying night for Al. 1-8 from 3 at this point. Blocked yet again by JO.

Dun is having a solid night, though he's not shooting the place up. Not sure GS is feeling tons of regret either despite the score.

Naptown_Seth
01-14-2008, 12:11 AM
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Anthem
Lost a lot of possessions advancing the ball tonight.

Shade
KARMA!!

I don't believe in karma. If there were karma, the Pats wouldn't be on the verge of a perfect season.

Doddage
01-14-2008, 12:12 AM
JO OWNS AL

antone315
come on guys lets get this one!!!!!

LoneGranger33
I'm gonna have a damned heart attack.

Anthem
JO is 1 rebound, 3 assists, and 4 blocks away from a quadruple-double.

Naptown_Seth
01-14-2008, 12:13 AM
BTW Shade, I've NEVER denied Jack's issues. I just said it was a bad trade. Equal value for more cost and contract length is not a win, period.

It's not some Jack bias because I'm no more a Jack fan than a Dun fan. I like Pacers. But the national media even said "it hinges on Ike". How's that working out?

Jack has bad nights certainly, but TEAM'S win with guys picking it up. When Dun has a bad game no one cares if Granger goes off. So GS has Baron rolling. A few nights from now it will be Jack with Baron down.

Or did you not watch the GS game in Conseco last year. 50% destruction of his former team is still a decent success rate. He crushed the Pacers last year.

AesopRockOn
01-14-2008, 12:13 AM
We really gotta win this game for the Colts fans.

Anthem
01-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Great D by T-man.

Did I just say that?

Shade
GS is very one-dimensional. Fortunately for them, they're good at that one dimension.

Trader Joe
JO is 1 rebound, 3 assists, and 4 blocks away from a quadruple-double.

JO has one assist right now...

LoneGranger33
Dunleavy sighting

OnlyPacersLeft
my god JO can't even go to the rim against croshere...we are in trouble

LoneGranger33
That was a bad decision by JO.

Shade
01-14-2008, 12:15 AM
DUN!!!

indypacerfan54
01-14-2008, 12:15 AM
haha dun dun

Naptown_Seth
01-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Dun is having a solid night, though he's not shooting the place up. Not sure GS is feeling tons of regret either despite the score.
Okay, well maybe they are regretting it after that score. ;)

AesopRockOn
Boom baby.

LoneGranger33
He's still here?!

granger33
Dunleavy shut that crowd up

Anthem
JO has one assist right now...
My bad. Saw Dun's 7.

Shade
Same ****, different day.

indypacerfan54
it looked like jo avoided the ball

Lord Helmet
Come on.

LoneGranger33
01-14-2008, 12:17 AM

indypacerfan54
oh well at least we still have the colts

LoneGranger33
I'm not sure if I have less confidence in our offense or our defense.

AesopRockOn
01-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Think we need to get Danny a good look.

Hoffmann 21/7
01-14-2008, 12:18 AM
score?

I wish i could watch the game but you can in wisconsin

LoneGranger33
01-14-2008, 12:19 AM
97-97. 2:35 left.

indypacerfan54
tied

Naptown_Seth
Pacer 23 TOs, GS 13 :eek:

Anthem
Nice save on a broken play.

AesopRockOn
01-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Bend your damn knees Jermaine!

pianoman
01-14-2008, 12:21 AM
wtf.....

Anthem
JO got mugged. BS call.

indypacerfan54
JO has the tinsley virus

Young
That's bullcrap Jermaine was fouled...

Shade
The refs suck.

Lord Helmet
Great.

Naptown_Seth
You know why you don't post JO? No, it's not because he'll miss but because it means he won't be back on defense to stop Ellis from the free lane.

LoneGranger33

pianoman
that was just sick...

AesopRockOn
01-14-2008, 12:22 AM

Shade
Is there anyone who actually doubted we'd find a way to lose this game?

THIS IS WHO WE ARE.

OnlyPacersLeft
lol just when i thought i heard it all...warrior announcers on monta ellis "He is...the warrior version of the human highlight reel!"
LMAO...
we have no one clutch on this team...i fully expect a JO forced shot and to be down 5 after a 3 by jackson

Bball

He's looks old and slow to me on both sides of the court. For whatever reason, on the defensive side he seems able to use his head and veteran experience to anticipate and do what needs done.

On offense, I don't think he's ever really used his head but in year's past he could rely on athleticism. Unfortunately, I still don't see him using his head on offense but the athleticism doesn't appear to be there any longer. He's always made bad decisions with the ball and taken plenty of time to make those bad decisions.

There was one possession in the 4th where we played 4 on 5 until about 10 secs (or less) remained in the possession before he even made it back across the timeline to give us a 5th player on offense.

LoneGranger33
I'm very very angry right now.

antone315
01-14-2008, 12:23 AM
You know why you don't post JO? No, it's not because he'll miss but because it means he won't be back on defense to stop Ellis from the free lane.

Or maybe because we have no one else on the floor that actually rebounds when someone misses a shot?

AesopRockOn
01-14-2008, 12:23 AM
**** again

LoneGranger33
01-14-2008, 12:24 AM
****ing Dunleavy

LoneGranger33
I'm gonna split his pair.

AesopRockOn
Barnes should just get a T there.

LoneGranger33
Barnes is an arsehole

Lord Helmet
This is ****ing bull****. This was our damn game.

Shade
01-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Nobody blocks out Monta. :rolleyes:

AesopRockOn
Box out Jamaal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OnlyPacersLeft
my god we can't block out one of the NBA's smallest teams...this sucks! nice FT miss...nice putback on a 2nd chance opp...blown oppurtunity...this is why we are 17-23 or w/e the hell we are after this loss

Aw Heck
01-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Why does it seem like whenever Tinsley flagrant fouls a guy, that guy ends up playing out of his mind for the rest of the game?

Didn't this happen earlier this season?

Shade
I'm very very angry right now.

Join the club. If/when we lose this one, I may need to take a break. I'm just sick of this happening almost every game. Nothing ever changes.

aceace
It aint over yet