PDA

View Full Version : 01/12/2008 Game Thread 38: Pacers at Kings

BostonConnection
01-12-2008, 05:45 PM
:laugh: GIVE THE KINGS THE ROYAL FLUSH!!! :laugh:

http://images.sportsline.com/images/nba/logos/IND.gif -VS-http://images.sportsline.com/images/nba/logos/SAC.gif
<hr>

Game Time Start: 10:00 pm EST

TV: NBA-TV
Radio: WFNI 1070-AM

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=450><TBODY><TR><TH bgColor=#003366 colSpan=6>Projected Pacers' Starting Lineup:</TH><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>C</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>PF</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>SF</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>SG</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>PG</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/troy_murphy.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/jermaine_oneal.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/danny_granger.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/mike_dunleavy.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/jamaal_tinsley.jpg</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Murphy</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>O'Neal</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Granger</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Dunleavy</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Tinsley</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TH bgColor=purple colSpan=6>Projected Kings' Starting Lineup:</TH><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>C</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>PF</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>SF</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>SG</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>PG</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/brad_miller.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/mikki_moore.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/francisco_garcia.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/john_salmons.jpg</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/beno_udrih.jpg</CENTER></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Miller</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Moore</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Garcia</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Salmons</CENTER></TD><TD align=middle width=90><CENTER>Udrih</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Season Records: (W-L)
:thepacers 16-21 (Road: 8-12)
:kings: 14-20 (Home: 10-8)

Upcoming Games:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=300 border=1><TR><TD><b>Date</b></TD><TD><b>Opponent</b></TD><TD><b>Time</b></TD><TD><b>TV</b></TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan 13</TD><TD>at Golden State</TD><TD>9:00 pm</TD><TD>FSIN, FSBA</TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan 16</TD><TD>vs Golden State</TD><TD>7:00 pm</TD><TD>FSBA, FSIN</TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan 19</TD><TD>vs Sacramento</TD><TD>7:00 pm</TD><TD>KXTV, FSIN</TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan 21</TD><TD>at Philadelphia</TD><TD>2:00 pm</TD><TD>CSNP</TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan 23</TD><TD>at Chicago</TD><TD>8:30 pm</TD><TD>FSIN, CSNC</TD></TR></TABLE>

CableKC
01-12-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm off to the game. Hopefully, I'm not the only Pacer fan in Arco.

If any of you see an Asian guy in a Pacer Jersey and cap on TV....that's probably me. :buddies:

Lord Helmet
01-12-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm off to the game. Hopefully, I'm not the only Pacer fan in Arco.

If any of you see an Asian guy in a Pacer Jersey and cap on TV....that's probably me. :buddies:
Asian guy, cap?

Got ya.

I'll be looking.

CableKC
01-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Asian guy, cap?

Got ya.

I'll be looking.
I am guessing that there aren't that many Pacer fans in SacTown...much less one that is Asian anywhere in the Western Hemisphere . :laugh:

BruceLeeroy
01-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Anyone know if JO's playing?

I grew up in Rose City, Helmet. You go to RHS?

Lord Helmet
01-12-2008, 06:27 PM
I am guessing that there aren't that many Pacer fans in SacTown...much less one that is Asian anywhere in the Western Hemisphere . :laugh:
:laugh: Make a sign that says, "Hi, Lord Helmet." Or "PD 4 Life", "We Ride Together."

Lord Helmet
01-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Anyone know if JO's playing?

I grew up there in Rose City Helmet. You go to RHS?
Yep.

Unfortunately, I go to RHS.

I don't think JO will be playing for another week or so......

That also must explain why you are a Bengals fan, you're one of the many that seem to think Richmond is a part of Cincinnati or Pittsburgh.....:)

CableKC
01-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Frakkin NBA TV....the one time that they show a Pacer game on NBATV......one of the few sports channels that I get in the SF Bay Area....I'm gonna be at the stupid game itself. :banghead:

LoneGranger33
01-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Nice title today BC.
Enjoy the game there KC.

I expect a break-out game from Quincy Douby.

AesopRockOn
01-12-2008, 08:33 PM

:wave:

Cobol Sam
01-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Pacers!

Cobol Sam
01-12-2008, 09:39 PM
I don't know if I'm going to be able to find a stream tonight, this game is on NBATV

antone315
01-12-2008, 10:06 PM
anybody have a link to the game tonight? it would be well appreciated if someone could send me a pm!!thanks

Cobol Sam
01-12-2008, 10:08 PM
anybody have a link to the game tonight? it would be well appreciated if someone could send me a pm!!thanks

wish I did, but I don't. I'm looking still.

antone315
01-12-2008, 10:09 PM
wish I did, but I don't. I'm looking still.

yeah if you find one could please pm me?

Doddage
01-12-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm guessing this thread will be small, but we're small this game in case anyone is wondering

VF21
01-12-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm looking for a fun game. Good luck...and Go Kings.

:)

LoneGranger33
01-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Kevin Martin to return for Sacto this evening...uh oh

Cobol Sam
01-12-2008, 10:35 PM
antone check your PMs

Doddage
01-12-2008, 10:43 PM
QUIS WITH A SICK PUTBACK DUNK!!

kester99
foont. go marqiuis.

granger33
ANYONE SEE THAT MARQUIS PUTBACK

NASTY

Cobol Sam
01-12-2008, 10:45 PM
i spilled my pop just then. WOW!

Doddage
01-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Dun playing some PF

Doddage
01-12-2008, 10:49 PM
QUIS WITH THE FLUSH!!

granger33
01-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Marquis is a baller

Oneal07
01-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Small ball works. . .I hope y'all see why we could use J.O.

BruceLeeroy
01-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Yep.

Unfortunately, I go to RHS.

I don't think JO will be playing for another week or so......

That also must explain why you are a Bengals fan, you're one of the many that seem to think Richmond is a part of Cincinnati or Pittsburgh.....:)

Yup:). I'd say the reason for there being quite a few Cincy fans is because that franchise has been there longer than Indys and all the old timers have passed down the tradition. The Steeler bandwagons just everywhere.

Pacers looking good. Rush has impressed me with his ball handling and passing this year. We got to try and keep him.

kester99
01-12-2008, 10:56 PM
sweet feed from travis

granger33
01-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Im really glad Diener is getting game time.

That pass he did to Foster was sick.

His great at ball movement and pushing tempo.

LoneGranger33
01-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Diener should have 5 assists by now, but still, all around good play from the Pacers tonight thus far.

LoneGranger33
01-12-2008, 11:08 PM
CableKC is really getting a treat tonight.

VF21
01-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Your guys look pretty good. I haven't watched you much this season. Is Dunleavy this good all the time or is it just the Arco atmosphere still making him look better than he really is?

LoneGranger33
01-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Pacers ball movement is incredible tonight. I usually use this space to criticize Murphy, but I'd rather praise the efforts of our backup distributors, Quis and Diener, who have combined for 16 pts, 4 assists, and 3 steals - not bad at all. It really looks like Marquis got scared by David's suspension and didn't toke up before tip-off.

LoneGranger33
01-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Your guys look pretty good. I haven't watched you much this season. Is Dunleavy this good all the time or is it just the Arco atmosphere still making him look better than he really is?

Could we say the same about K-Mart, the good one?

Nah, I kid. He's having one of his better first halves in terms of shooting the ball - he's probably trying to build momentum for his GS return tomorrow night - but he's more than capable of such a performance, he just doesn't do it consistently. Now, if that was Stephen Graham out there doing all that, then there'd be a problem...

kester99
01-12-2008, 11:13 PM

Probably been our best, most consistent player this year.

VF21
01-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Dunleavy has always played well in Arco. He was the Warrior I could most expect to light us up when he came to town...

As far as Kevin goes, I'm just glad to see him back on the court. Now we're only down two starters.

It's fun to watch your Pacers, though. Daniels looks like he's beefed up a bit since his Dallas days. I've always liked him - glad he's yours and not stuck on the Mavs any longer.

kester99
01-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Anyone having probs with the listen live link from nba.com? Haven't been able to get audio out of it for some time. Other sites / links audio are fine.

OnlyPacersLeft
01-12-2008, 11:16 PM
just dropping in to say good job pacers! we are playing very well and JO's shot attemps and points are down...(no surprise here)
hope to keep it up!
also Im kicking myself for not putting Kmart in the lineup tonight in fantasy...who would have known he'd be back?!

VF21
01-12-2008, 11:18 PM
also Im kicking myself for not putting Kmart in the lineup tonight in fantasy...who would have known he'd be back?!

I knew.

:)

Kemo
01-12-2008, 11:29 PM
As I have said ALL along.... Diener needs this playing time.. and you will see an all-star form in front of your eyes...

I really really REALLY think we need to put Tinsley as backup off-the-bench .. LET DIENER BE OUR STARTER !!!

I just hope you all can see my case for this... who knows.. maybe if Tinsley plays off the bench , he may actually play better .. lol ..

Tonight Diener is showcasing ALL the things I have gone on and on about when bragging about him on here to you guys...

I said it once, and I'll say it AGAIN ... Travis CAN become another Jason Kidd/Steve Kerr/Mark Price .. given the opportunityand PT...

I really hope Jim O'Brian can see this .. and siezes the opportunity .. Just look how GREAT the Pacers are playing with TD , Williams , Quis , Dunleavy and Foster on the floor... can't forget Rush... with this group either..
As you can see.. Quis is playing awesome too this game... showcasing why he is so valuable to this team..

Pacers chemistry with the above mentioned on the floor is outstanding..

In my opinion .. we should trade Jermaine and Tinsley .. for the a BIG name , as well as a reputation of being a baller .. such as T-Mac .. or a big guy like Bynum..

I am sure you guys notice .. EVERY time that JO and JT step on the floor... the offense goes stagnant for the most part???

I hope it opens up Larry and JOB's eyes... I really do...

Cobol Sam
01-12-2008, 11:32 PM
As I have said ALL along.... Diener needs this playing time.. and you will see an all-star form in front of your eyes...

I really really REALLY think we need to put Tinsley as backup off-the-bench .. LET DIENER BE OUR STARTER !!!

I just hope you all can see my case for this... who knows.. maybe if Tinsley plays off the bench , he may actually play better .. lol ..

Tonight Diener is showcasing ALL the things I have gone on and on about when bragging about him on here to you guys...

I said it once, and I'll say it AGAIN ... Travis CAN become another Jason Kidd/Steve Kerr/Mark Price .. given the opportunityand PT...

I really hope Jim O'Brian can see this .. and siezes the opportunity .. Just look how GREAT the Pacers are playing with TD , Williams , Quis , Dunleavy and Foster on the floor... can't forget Rush... with this group either..
As you can see.. Quis is playing awesome too this game... showcasing why he is so valuable to this team..

In my opinion .. we should trade Jermaine and Tinsley .. for the a BIG name , as well as a reputation of being a baller .. such as T-Mac .. or a big guy like Bynum..

I am sure you guys notice .. EVERY time that JO and JT step on the floor... the offense goes stagnant for the most part???

:rolleyes:

OnlyPacersLeft
01-12-2008, 11:32 PM
my god JO is useless! dump it into him and either A. Clanker...or B. Turnover...
beautiful...and why is it everytime rush dribbles he carries the damn ball?

LoneGranger33
01-12-2008, 11:33 PM
We really can't afford to change our style of play everytime Jermaine is on the floor...

waterjater
01-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Jermaine just needs to sit out the season. Watching him play and have no lift and no ability to do anything is really painful. We need an IR like in football and see ya next year on someone else's team.

waterjater
01-12-2008, 11:36 PM
wow, what a bail out.... JO just lost it out of bounds

antone315
01-12-2008, 11:41 PM
JO is just plain horrible man..he cant block out or rebound whatsoever..seriously why is he out there??? foster anyone?? come on now

OnlyPacersLeft
01-12-2008, 11:43 PM
uhg listening to these NBA TV guys sucks! "BAYNO EWDRI" or "JurMayne OhNeel" lol...
1 pt lead...haha we are horrible. anyone can come back on us...just sitting around waiting to blow the lead...I love it...

antone315
01-12-2008, 11:43 PM
im so pissed at our team..our second unit was doing great and they put tinsley and JO in and we fall apart..does jim see this happening or what?

LoneGranger33
01-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Jermaine just needs to sit out the season. Watching him play and have no lift and no ability to do anything is really painful. We need an IR like in football and see ya next year on someone else's team.

wow, what a bail out.... JO just lost it out of bounds

JO is just plain horrible man..he cant block out or rebound whatsoever..seriously why is he out there??? foster anyone?? come on now

Blame the coach. They keep passing it straight to him. That's the only offensive plan it seems. Jim O'Brien really needs to be fired. There's no way around it. He can't manage a game for ****.

LoneGranger33
01-12-2008, 11:44 PM
uhg listening to these NBA TV guys sucks! "BAYNO EWDRI" or "JurMayne OhNeel" lol...
1 pt lead...haha we are horrible. anyone can come back on us...just sitting around waiting to blow the lead...I love it...

I believe they are the Sacto announcers...

antone315
01-12-2008, 11:49 PM
seriously trade oneal pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

antone315
01-12-2008, 11:50 PM
and our second team is taking over again!!! jesussssss..**** oneal

Doddage
01-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Diener with a career high! 17 pts

granger33
01-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Diener=my hero

antone315
01-12-2008, 11:55 PM
diener needs more minutes like this in the games..he'll get comfortable with his shot!

OnlyPacersLeft
01-12-2008, 11:56 PM
i just hope diener doesn't start playing hero (ala mel mel)...take shots in rythm...i'm also convinced that kareem rush can't hit an open 3 to save his life...why he pump fakes and drives when he has wide open looks is beyond me...

antone315
01-13-2008, 12:00 AM
great we will now lose because of oneal watch everyone!!!

Doddage
01-13-2008, 12:02 AM
great we will now lose because of oneal watch everyone!!!
k

AesopRockOn
01-13-2008, 12:03 AM
It was going to be an easy win...

antone315
01-13-2008, 12:04 AM
we are losing our lead right now..he's put a curse on this team.im telling you whenever he is in our lead just dissolves..he doesnt fit

antone315
01-13-2008, 12:08 AM
huh??? what did i say? oneal SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

indypacerfan54
01-13-2008, 12:10 AM
He is sometimes a bad ***

AesopRockOn
Francisco Garcia's a punk.

Doddage
lol JO would beat the **** outta Francisco Garcia

granger33
JO with a huge block.

Man i wish Diener dropped that 3.

antone315
i would trade oneal for garcia and brad miller anyday of the week..thats how bad he has gotten..and im pretty sure kings wouldnt do it haha

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 12:11 AM
JO with a huge block.

Man i wish Diener dropped that 3.

Same here. :)

waterjater
01-13-2008, 12:11 AM
we are losing our lead right now..he's put a curse on this team.im telling you whenever he is in our lead just dissolves..he doesnt fit

I'm with ya. And then he makes one good play blocking a shot and walks around like he's a God. Then goes after someone because they fouled him. Time to end it before his knees get completely useless. Candidly his downward spiral and poor health is probably why he's still on the team. Couldn't trade damaged goods.

On the block shot and subsequent walk around like I'm tough ****....just sick of it. You are supposed to block the shot...now run down court and do something offense other than watching the other team steal it from you!!!!

Water

antone315
01-13-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm with ya. And then he makes one good play blocking a shot and walks around like he's a God. Then goes after someone because they fouled him. Time to end it before his knees get completely useless. Candidly his downward spiral and poor health is probably why he's still on the team. Couldn't trade damaged goods.

On the block shot and subsequent walk around like I'm tough ****....just sick of it. You are supposed to block the shot...now run down court and do something offense other than watching the other team steal it from you!!!!

Water

:eek:omg you took the words right out of my head!! perfectly put buddy!

waterjater
01-13-2008, 12:13 AM
the offense virtually stagnates when Oneal is in the game.

antone315
01-13-2008, 12:15 AM
the offense virtually stagnates when Oneal is in the game.

yup..your correct about everything!:laugh:

piksi
01-13-2008, 12:15 AM
i would trade oneal for garcia and brad miller anyday of the week..thats how bad he has gotten..and im pretty sure kings wouldnt do it haha

We already had a guy with bad knee and way overpaid. We managed to trade him for garbage and we still didn't recover from it. You can keep JO. BTW he brought us back in the game twice - maybe he can do it again

granger33
01-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Whoever said to fire O'Brien is an idiot.

He has kept Diener on this whole last quater, because he knows his playing better then Tins.

AesopRockOn
Diener looking a little more like a point guard since his benching.

Young
Love that play by Travis. He attacked and found Williams who was fouled. Awesome.

It was really great just as they were saying the Pacers will slow it down Travis speeds up. I like that, attack em.

antone315
damn i love this tandem..williams and diener..its amazing..and williams is a beast around the hoop!! even if he isnt getting the rebound atleast he friggen TRIESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! unlike oneal more than half the time

waterjater
We already had a guy with bad knee and way overpaid. We managed to trade him for garbage and we still didn't recover from it. You can keep JO. BTW he brought us back in the game twice - maybe he can do it again

LOL, lets hope not...but if we start force feeding him again late....i like the Kings chances.

Water

waterjater
01-13-2008, 12:20 AM
damn i love this tandem..williams and diener..its amazing..and williams is a beast around the hoop!! even if he isnt getting the rebound atleast he friggen TRIESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! unlike oneal more than half the time

Yep Oneal just watches the shot go up saving his energy for who knows the hell what. And I agree, Williams, Foster and others actually work to get position to get rebounds. If O'neal would just try to get boards he might get easy baskets...but no?!?!?

Lord Helmet
01-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Why hasn't Tinsley played in the 2nd half?

Doddage
01-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Quinn just said K.Mart reminds him of Reggie

piksi
01-13-2008, 12:22 AM
You guy really don't want to win this game - do You ?

AesopRockOn
Martin doing his best Wade impression.

waterjater
SIT ONEAL THE **** DOWN!!!! Why the hell O'brien take out Williams...should've taken out Oneal??!!?!?!?!?!

granger33
Why hasn't Tinsley played in the 2nd half?

i think caz diener is out playin him

antone315
01-13-2008, 12:23 AM
the oneal curse is going to happen watch boys and girls

waterjater
01-13-2008, 12:23 AM
You guy really don't want to win this game - do You ?

Nope....we typically find ways to F' games up on a regular basis.

AesopRockOn
01-13-2008, 12:24 AM
This is a pretty odd end-of-game lineup.

antone315
01-13-2008, 12:24 AM
seriously i would have taken a timeout and took oneal out after that diener miss he stood there and stared at it!!! he could have gotten that rebound jesus!!!

piksi
01-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Nope....we typically find ways to F' games up on a regular basis.

we are good at it too. So I guess - this can take a while - huh

antone315
01-13-2008, 12:26 AM
i seriously hate oneal...****ing sit his asssss...and where has granger and foster been? and take williams out what the hell?

AesopRockOn
01-13-2008, 12:26 AM
That sign was pretty pathetic.

waterjater
01-13-2008, 12:27 AM
wow, we survived....good for Diener!

jeffg-body
01-13-2008, 12:28 AM
How about that. A tough win pulled out. Danny, Diener, Williams, Quis, Dun played well. JO, meh. What did everyone think of the Quis throwdown.

AesopRockOn
01-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Did anybody's feed just fast forward?

Young
01-13-2008, 12:29 AM
I think Jermaine's last two free throws were huge. It allowed the Pacers to play a head.

Really happy that Travis may be starting to come around. Turns out we may have a second point guard on this team. Lets hope he keeps it up.

AesopRockOn
01-13-2008, 12:30 AM
Decent game. Feel like we should have beaten them by more since they were missing two of their top three but w/e. Let's get ready to show face against the W's.

Shade
01-13-2008, 12:30 AM
A winner is us! :yay:

kester99
01-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Another

not seeing it

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Whoever said to fire O'Brien is an idiot.

He has kept Diener on this whole last quater, because he knows his playing better then Tins.

One good decision does not make a good coach.

He obviously hasn't done his job integrating Jermaine into the new system, but I suspect some of that has to do with his lack of practice - and if this is a case, he deserves somewhat of a pass. But tonight, O'Brien once again allowed the Pacers to squander a sizeable lead and only Travis "Dreamweaver" Diener saved us with his shooting.

piksi
01-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Congratulations ! You guys deserved to win because You were less bad overall. An ugly game with a total of 40 turnovers. Looks like JO and Brad switched uniforms tonight. Neither team has ever heard of defense BTW.

VF21
01-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Nice game, guys. One comment, if I might? GET DIENER MORE MINUTES!! That kid has a bright future in front of him, IMHO.

It saddened me to see the shell that wears JO's jersey. He looks like an old man out there... almost like Webber did right before he hung them up.

Anyway, congrats again. It was a fun game to watch and I'm just glad Martin is back for my Kings.

Now, go into Golden State and kick some Warriors butt, okay?

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Nice game, guys. One comment, if I might? GET DIENER MORE MINUTES!! That kid has a bright future in front of him, IMHO.

It saddened me to see the shell that wears JO's jersey. He looks like an old man out there... almost like Webber did right before he hung them up.

Anyway, congrats again. It was a fun game to watch and I'm just glad Martin is back for my Kings.

Now, go into Golden State and kick some Warriors butt, okay?

If you get rid of that Artest feller, I'd say your team's future is pretty bright as well. And we will certainly try to beat those *******s...

Your announcers said a lot of good things about Dunleavy, and I liked that. I think you guys are due for a string of wins sooner or later. Plus, I'm a huge Douby fan because of his collegiate career at Rutgers - just wish he'd wax the uni.

OnlyPacersLeft
01-13-2008, 12:38 AM
big win! we almost choked it away down the stretch but we got the W!

piksi
01-13-2008, 12:38 AM
If you get rid of that Artest feller, I'd say your team's future is pretty bright as well.

We are working on it but him being injured doesn't help. Once Bibby and Artest are playing somewhere else - we can finally move on to rebuild.

Should have traded JO for Bynam when You had a chance. He was a superstar and now he is ... well he was one of the best Kings tonight

VF21
01-13-2008, 12:39 AM
I believe they are the Sacto announcers...

And ironically, the one you're referring to is Jerry Reynolds, who comes from ... wait for it... French Lick, Indiana.

:p

Hailey12
01-13-2008, 12:45 AM
I think Jermaine's last two free throws were huge. It allowed the Pacers to play a head.

Really happy that Travis may be starting to come around. Turns out we may have a second point guard on this team. Lets hope he keeps it up.

A second point guard really... I still think we only have one. Travis is the best point we have right now. That pass at the end to Danny for 3 was something Tinsley would have just thrown up a running brick from like he always does in close games. Right now I think Jeff Foster is a better point guard than Tins.

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 12:45 AM
And ironically, the one you're referring to is Jerry Reynolds, who comes from ... wait for it... French Lick, Indiana.

:p

Hey, I'm from New Jersey, how would I know?

LoneGranger33
01-13-2008, 12:49 AM
We are working on it but him being injured doesn't help. Once Bibby and Artest are playing somewhere else - we can finally move on to rebuild.

Should have traded JO for Bynam when You had a chance. He was a superstar and now he is ... well he was one of the best Kings tonight

Maybe you guys can package them for some expirings, a young big, and a first rounder.

I don't think Bynum was ever on the table, sadly enough. And I think JO still has value, even if he didn't show it tonight. There's a significant disconnect between JO and the coach's system which needs to be corrected, that's all. Or we just need to send him somewhere where he will be useful.

Kemo
01-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post

:rolleyes:

I don't know why you are rolling your eyes.. but what I say is true regarding Diener...

I am glad some of you are coming around and seeing what I have been saying all along..

In another thread I stated that Diener needs to play between 28 and 30 minute per game and we would see his game come out.. and look he got 28.53 minutes... he scores 19 on 6/10 FG shooting .. he shot 5/7 3-pointers...
2/2 FT's , 3 Rebs , 3 Assists , and 1 steal ... (I woulda liked to see him get more assists, but he made some TREMENDOUS passes !)

OH .. and one of the most important things I almost forgot... ZERO TURNOVERS !!!

AND to top it off he gets Player Of The Game ..

ya as I said before EVERYTIME O'neal or Tinsley were in the game.. the offense went stagnant . and the Kings went on a run.. coincidence...?? I think Not..

piksi
01-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Maybe you guys can package them for some expirings, a young big, and a first rounder.

I don't think Bynum was ever on the table, sadly enough. And I think JO still has value, even if he didn't show it tonight. There's a significant disconnect between JO and the coach's system which needs to be corrected, that's all. Or we just need to send him somewhere where he will be useful.

Bibby has a large contract and he was hurt a lot. Additionally he had a couple of bad seasons and he has never played defense to begin with.

Ron - what could I possibly tell You that You don't know. We all hope that Isaiah will take him so we can rob the Knicks of some young players.

And we would really like to package Kenny Thomas with one of them - pretty please.

I don't know the details and the contract situation with JO but it looks like he might be on the down side of his career and he really didn't fit the style You guys were playing tonight

JayRedd
01-13-2008, 12:58 AM

Hey...you're not allowed to mention JO offensive rebounds that result in two points. It's counter to the "JO sucks" argument and therefore never happened. You're supposed to ignore such things and only focus on missed jump shots. Shape up.

mb221
01-13-2008, 01:03 AM
I don't get all the JO hate from the game tonight. The Pacers continued to dump it to him because Sac was quickly double teaming any time he touched the ball in the post. They applied some good pressure and forced him to turn it over more times than you would like, but overall he played a pretty quality game. Got to the line 10 times and dished out 5 assists. Isn't that the type of game that all you people whining about him want?

JayRedd
01-13-2008, 01:05 AM
I don't get all the JO hate from the game tonight. The Pacers continued to dump it to him because Sac was quickly double teaming any time he touched the ball in the post. The applied some good pressure and forced him to turn it over more times than you would like, but overall he played a pretty quality game. Got to the line 10 times and dished out 5 assists. Isn't that the type of game that all you people whining about him want?

Exactly. It's called inside-out. JO handled most every possession optimally in the 4th. There were multiple kick-outs when jump shooters missed open shots. He played very, very well in the 4th.

EDIT: Just looked back to check...and, yup...obviously there's no mention in here of Jermaine's really nice bounce pass from the elbow to a cutting Dunleavy for a wide-open lay-up. Did yall simply miss it flipping channels, or just pretend it didn't happen?

Young
01-13-2008, 01:09 AM
Hey...you're not allowed to mention JO offensive rebounds that result in two points. It's counter to the "JO sucks" argument and therefore never happened. You're supposed to ignore such things and only focus on missed jump shots. Shape up.

I'm sorry Jay I forogt. I know I can do better.

But really though I don't know what Jermaine was supposed to do when they doubled him, shoot? Jim said after the game that they got a lot of good looks tonight. Maybe Jermaine had a little to do with that?

Indianapolis_girly
01-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Exactly. It's called inside-out. JO handled most every possession optimally in the 4th. There were multiple kick-outs when jump shooters missed open shots. He played very, very well in the 4th.

EDIT: Just looked back to check...and, yup...obviously there's no mention in here of Jermaine's really nice bounce pass from the elbow to a cutting Dunleavy for a wide-open lay-up. Did yall simply miss it flipping channels, or just pretend it didn't happen?
I agree with you both completely on this one. :)

Kemo
01-13-2008, 01:18 AM
I also wanted to say .. Dunleavy had a real nice game too.

When Dun throws up 15 to 20 shots .. he has good games like this and scores at least 18 to 20+ points on 60% FG shooting .. ..
But if you notice in games he seems quiet .. he only shoots 8 or 9 FG's .. like he isn't confident in his shot.....

I think he is coming around in his confidence though and more agressive in looking for his shot..... plus , he has a good FG% anyways..

I think we will see his point averages per game go up to around 19 PPG by the time the season is over... :dance::dance:

I really think we NEEDED this WIN .. to get the spark back in our players eyes ...
I look for us to have a mostly winning road trip out West ... and go on a nice streak..

As long as JOB stays with this lineup .. we WILL WIN...