PDA

View Full Version : LET'S BRING BACK RONNIE!!!!!!!!

QuickRelease
01-11-2008, 12:43 PM
:D JO and S-Graham for Ronnie, Brad, and Francisco Garcia works! Who's With Me!!!!!!!????

LoneGranger33
01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
3 starters for 1?

hoopsforlife
01-11-2008, 12:51 PM
I am if you can replace Graham with Tinsley.

Putnam
01-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Well, OK. It is something worth considering.....

There I considered it.

You know, johnny, I read in a post in another thread a very good argument why we shouldn't bring back Ron Artest. And you know the funny thing? It was you that posted it:

You know, as crazy as it sounds, I hated to see Ron go. I think JOB is enough of a disciplinarian to handle Ronnie, and I think he would thrive in this system. The fanbase wouldn't go for it, but I'd love to see Ronnie in a Pacers uni again. When Jermaine issued the "him, or me" ultimatum, it sounds to me like Larry made the pr move above the basketball move, as evidenced by his comments in the interview.

Now, this statement is well reasoned and all that, but one part of it kind of stands out above all the rest, don't you think?

Nothing, and I mean nothing, that the fanbase "wouldn't go for" is going to be in the interest of the Pacers. This isn't a fantasy league, and they need fans. The players are an expense; the fans are the source of profit.

<!-- / message -->

QuickRelease
01-11-2008, 12:53 PM
I am if you can replace Graham with Tinsley.

At the risk of getting this bumped to the trade forum, we'd probably be working on a JO, Tins, 1st round pick for Bibby and Ronnie.

QuickRelease
01-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Well, OK. It is something worth considering.....

There I considered it.

You know, johnny, I read in a post in another thread a very good argument why we shouldn't bring back Ron Artest. And you know the funny thing? It was you that posted it:

Now, this statement is well reasoned and all that, but one part of it kind of stands out above all the rest, don't you think?

Nothing, and I mean nothing, that the fanbase "wouldn't go for" is going to be in the interest of the Pacers. This isn't a fantasy league, and they need fans. The players are an expense; the fans are the source of profit.

<!-- / message -->

I concur :cry:

Los Angeles
01-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Isn't there a whole other forum for this stuff?

Unclebuck
01-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Isn't there a whole other forum for this stuff?

Have we started an insanity forum.

grace
01-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Have we started an insanity forum.

Maybe he's just campaigning for "Most Insane Thread" in the next forum awards.

Unclebuck
01-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Maybe he's just campaigning for "Most Insane Thread" in the next forum awards.

That is a category we must have in the spring time awards. Most insane thread and most insane post.

RamBo_Lamar
01-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Ancient Chinese Wise-Man once said:

Fool me once, shame on you...
Fool me twice, shame on me...
Fool me more than that, and I'm an F****** D*MB**S.

I would rather we go 0-82 than bring back that knucklehead.

Gyron
01-11-2008, 04:10 PM
BEtween this thread and the trade thread suggesting that we trade for half the knicks team including Starbuy, I think severa of our posters have gone off the deep end.

Are you sure you guys aren't sharing the "positive test results" with David Harrison?

Lord Helmet
01-11-2008, 04:16 PM
We need to let Ron complete the total destruction of this franchise.

I guess when posters want to "blow it up", they really, really mean it.

JayRedd
01-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Ancient Chinese Wise-Man once said:

Chinese wise men talk like sailors.

idioteque
01-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I don't give a **** about our fanbase this year (see my NYK trade thread). They're not going to support the team unless we bring in LeBron, or D-Wade, or Reggie Miller from a 1986 time machine. Since none of that is possible, we might as well trade for some unlikable players with bad contracts (hopefully accompanied with some picks) now so we can let them go in a year or two and use that cap money and those picks to bring the fans back.

I really don't see any other way to go.

The fickle fans will have to wait a couple of years.

idioteque
01-11-2008, 04:25 PM
BEtween this thread and the trade thread suggesting that we trade for half the knicks team including Starbuy, I think severa of our posters have gone off the deep end.

Are you sure you guys aren't sharing the "positive test results" with David Harrison?

Tell me a better way to get fans back in the next 3 years other than trading for expiring contracts (which will be turned into good free agent signings) and draft picks. We don't have the pieces to change this team in any other way.

QuickRelease
01-11-2008, 04:26 PM

David used a whizzinator...

spazzxb
01-11-2008, 07:04 PM
David used a whizzinator...

Is that a joke or true?

Bridge
01-11-2008, 07:22 PM
I am used to seeing a crazy post about getting a guy another team says is available, but this is getting out of control. We need to get rid of our headcases, not bring in someone else who is out of control. Ron is just plain nuts.

The best Pacer game I have ever been to was the first game after the brawl. Those six guys never played harder in their lives. We lost a close game, but every fan was giving a standing ovation for the players as they left the court. Indiana likes to see players giving their all, no matter the talent.

We do need a trade, but we need to get rid of some bad contracts, and get draft picks. That requires giving away some talent to get rid of players like Troy.

You don't reload a gun that doesn't shoot straight, you get a new one.

QuickRelease
01-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Is that a joke or true?

:laugh: :laugh: Just a joke! :laugh: :laugh: OK..for the sake of my good post name, I'm not serious about bringing Ron back. I wouldn't mind, but it would be absolute PR suicide to bring Ron back here, and we're certainly in too much damage control mode to even spin it positively. Perhaps this thing with David will spur LB to clean house. I'm not crazy enough to think we would ever rebuild the bridge that Ron burned.

OnlyPacersLeft
01-12-2008, 02:30 AM
lol isn't ron ron injured right now? just what we need. a headcase who already has an excuse not to play...lol