PDA

View Full Version : Money and turnovers

OTD
01-09-2008, 08:20 PM
I think there are some HS coachs on here. I just checked how many turnovers 2 HS games their in Indy. Cathedral 15 NW 17: Ronacalli 18 and North Central 22. Then you go to IU they are avg. 14.7 turnovers a game. So pay these gays millions of dollars and jack up the price of tickets, and they have 26 last night. How does anyone expect to win with that. If there is any coachs what would be acceptable in HS.

Dr. Goldfoot
01-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Not to be a dick or anything but high school, college and the pros all play different lengths of time. Thus longer games and more TO's.

College has 2 20 minute halves. 40 minutes
High school has 4 8 minute quarters. 32 minutes
Pros play 4 12 minute quarters. 48 minutes

OTD
01-09-2008, 08:51 PM
I am well aware of the difference in the time for the 3 but these are suppose to be pros.

wooolus
01-09-2008, 10:16 PM
I am well aware of the difference in the time for the 3 but these are suppose to be pros.

Exactly, so Bruce Bowen guarding you is going to feel different handling the rock compared to some random high school guard

indypacerfan54
01-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Who cares how much they are payed??? I bet you also wonder how Shaq is one of the highest paid players in the league but has under 50% FTAve. Athletes get paid a lot get over it. Money means nothing when it comes to performance. Its like saying: Im sure Einstein never got paid what Travis Deiner does so Im pretty sure Deiner is smarter than Einstein. Theoretically players are not paid on ability but on how much money they will make for the franchise.

Young
01-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Also pace of game affects the amount of turnovers well.

Yes they had 26 last night. But i'm sure there are some nights Cathedral has 26 and the Pacers have 15. Every team has great games and awful games.

The Pacers have played awful lately but really no need to get upset over every little thing. Not worth the energy. JMO though.