PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mike Wells

ABADays
01-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Do you think there would be a way just to eliminate quotes from your Pacers coverage? Maybe you could just provide a link that interested parties could go to if they so desire. Frankly, they are all the same all the time anyway.

indygeezer
01-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Do you think there would be a way just to eliminate quotes from your Pacers coverage? Maybe you could just provide a link that interested parties could go to if they so desire. Frankly, they are all the same all the time anyway.

That's why I only skim the papers anymore, they are all that way. It's pat cliche's and obvious redundency that just puts ink on a page with nothing to merit your time reading the articles.

Kraft
01-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Them players be trained good.

bellisimo
01-09-2008, 02:58 PM
totally agree - I've stopped reading the indystar's coverage the past few weeks cause you know exactly what you'll be seeing there after a win and a loss.

win:

"we defended well, made crucial stops, executed down the stretch, i'm proud of the guys, we believe"

loss

"there was some defensive miscommunication, we weren't able to execute down the stretch like a team should...honestly i don't know what the trouble is"

Unclebuck
01-09-2008, 03:11 PM
I disagree. Usually the part I read of the articles is the quotes. I learn things, sure sometimes you have to read between the lines - but I always read them - and I always go to Pacers.com and read the quotes there

bellisimo
01-09-2008, 03:13 PM
I disagree. Usually the part I read of the articles is the quotes. I learn things, sure sometimes you have to read between the lines - but I always read them - and I always go to Pacers.com and read the quotes there

but do they say anything different anymore? its like textbook style answers these days...

ABADays
01-09-2008, 03:49 PM
C'mon UB - the quotes have already passed the 100,000 mile mark and we aren't even half way through the season.

Unclebuck
01-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Perhaps I should start interpreting the quotes. This might be fun

bellisimo
01-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Perhaps I should start interpreting the quotes. This might be fun

you have my blessing to do it - go for it!