PDA

View Full Version : Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

croz24
06-22-2008, 04:09 PM
what have you seen of ajinca, if you don't mind me asking, owl?

jmoney2584
06-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Found this to be pretty interesting... Besides being unathletic, his game is pretty damn smooth and that jumper is wet. I Present..The REAL Kosta Koufos... http://youtube.com/watch?v=LTeI6WsA7G0 I wonder what the dude that made this looks like haha

owl
06-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Is there an official Workout list from the Pacers somewhere?

I could be wrong....but checking the Workout list from RealGM at http://www.realgm.com/src_feature_article/173/20080620/2008_nba_player_workout_list/, but I don't even think that Ajinca has worked out for the Pacers.

It could just be a smokescreen to not work him out. You don't want you know who to know
that you are hot on a particular player. Pacers have not worked out any of the top players either so I am not sure it means anything one way or the other.

owl
06-22-2008, 05:16 PM
what have you seen of ajinca, if you don't mind me asking, owl?

Here a couple of video's of him. Granted he is thin but it is enough for me to be interested.
Of course having all the other info on him would be helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlcfmCclMtk&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj1bHmIXtBQ&NR=1

If does not have Bender knees he could help the Pacers.

Hicks
06-22-2008, 05:48 PM
owl, thanks for sharing! He actually looks pretty good in those videos.

Anthem
06-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Just shoot me now...... or tell me this is just "DaSmash" with a new username, so I can wash this nonsense out of my brain.
Sure reads the same. I'm not putting much stock in it.

blanket
06-22-2008, 07:48 PM
It could just be a smokescreen to not work him out. You don't want you know who to know
that you are hot on a particular player. Pacers have not worked out any of the top players either so I am not sure it means anything one way or the other.

Pretty sure the Pacers were represented at the big 17 team workout at Golden State a week or two ago, where Ajinca wowed a lot of scouts.

CableKC
06-22-2008, 08:36 PM
I feel that Ajinca falls under the Randolph/Jordan catagory with a potentially high ceiling but could easily become a bust.

The bottomline is whether Ajinca is a gamble or not and whether he can immediately contribute. IMHO...he doesn't appear ready.

owl
06-22-2008, 09:26 PM
I feel that Ajinca falls under the Randolph/Jordan catagory with a potentially high ceiling but could easily become a bust.

The bottomline is whether Ajinca is a gamble or not and whether he can immediately contribute. IMHO...he doesn't appear ready.

I believe he has more "upside" than either Randolph or Jordan. Apparently he can shoot very well already and seems to know how to block shots via positioning.
It is a risk. People with more info are going to have to make that call.

owl
06-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Pretty sure the Pacers were represented at the big 17 team workout at Golden State a week or two ago, where Ajinca wowed a lot of scouts.

I think I remember reading something about that workout but forgot what they said.
The Pacers really need to come out of this draft with a big and a guard.
Hibbert, Ajinca, Speights are possible.

If they go big at 11 then with an extra pick maybe Chalmers. In round 2 get another guard
like Hill or a defending big like Dorsey.

owl
06-22-2008, 09:36 PM
From draftexpress....

One executive who recently watched him expressed shock at his combination of physical tools (7-1 in shoes, 240 pounds, with a near 7-7 wingspan), coordination and agility. “If he were in college, let’s say at Nevada instead of JaVale McGee, he would be a sure-fire top 10 pick,” the executive noted. “He’s bigger than McGee, and he’s also more skilled…with that length, he is going to be able to bother some people for sure” Ajinca is answering question marks about his toughness by not backing down from anyone he’s faced so far, particularly in an outstanding workout in Charlotte where he matched up with Jordan, McGee and Roy Hibbert. His experience playing against grown men all season long in the French league is certainly showing in workouts so far it seems.

Mr. Sobchak
06-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Latest blog from draftexpress

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/

O.J. Mayo conducted a one on zero workout in front of five of the first six teams in the draft at Tim Grover’s A.T.T.A.C.K. Athletics Training Center in Chicago on Saturday. Besides Chicago (who sent only lower level scouts) and the New York Knicks (represented by Brendan Sur), the workout was attended by the lead decision makers of teams drafting 3, 4, and 5, including the General Managers (Kevin McHale, Sam Presti and Chris Wallace) and head coaches (Randy Wittman, Marc Iavaroni and P.J. Carlesimo), as well as numerous other executives.

Although it’s always difficult to get much of a read in a workout of this nature, Mayo reportedly “shot the ball well,” according to one spectator, “finished strong around the basket”, and generally showed his extremely high skill-level, which was never in doubt.

As of right now, if Minnesota keeps the pick, it appears likely that Mayo will be selected at #3, although things could still change between now and draft day. One rumor making the rounds says that the LA Clippers may offer to package their own pick (#7) along with their 2009 first round pick (protected) and the future pick they are owed by Minnesota(top 10 protected), in order to move up and select Mayo.

-Nicolas Batum will go a series of tests at one of the top Cardiological hospitals in the world in Cleveland, Ohio on Monday, his agent Bouna Ndiaye told DraftExpress this weekend. Batum has stopped conducting private workouts for the time being after tests in Toronto and New Jersey revealed potential reasons for concern possibly hinting at heart problems. Ndiaye is concerned with the fact that teams are jumping to conclusions about this being a heredity issue (which would make it much more serious) and is working on disproving the notion that Batum’s father died of a heart attack. He believes that after Monday he will be able to show teams that Batum is in good health and that he will be able to conduct workouts immediately after.

-Is Jerryd Bayless as much of a lock at 4 as everyone thinks? A number of NBA teams we’ve spoken with don’t think that’s the case. Almost everyone at this point in fact has Brook Lopez slated be picked by Seattle, with Bayless dropping slightly to the Knicks at #6. If Lopez doesn’t go 3rd, 4th of 5th, he will be taken by a team that did not work him out, as he only agreed to be seen by those three teams.

-There are rumors that the Portland Trailblazers may keep their pick after all, particularly if one of the top two players on their board can be had somehow on Thursday evening. We’ve heard numerous reports of trade talk between the Blazers and many other teams drafting below them, but now it seems likely that they stand pat if they can somehow managed to get a hold of Joe Alexander, who worked out in Portland on Tuesday (with Donte Greene and Nicolas Batum) in front of the watchful eyes of their owner Paul Allen, and apparently left quite an impression. Russell Westbrook is supposedly ranked at the very top of their draft board, but they would have to move up to at least 8 and possibly higher to get him.

-Another player that Portland could very well take a long look at (since Alexander and Westbrook are apparently out of reach) is Alexis Ajinca, who they are reportedly extremely intrigued by. Other teams that have worked him out recently have come away raving not just about Ajinca’s exciting combination of skills and physical tools, but also about his strong intangibles. He is reportedly impressing teams with his terrific personality and motivation to succeed, and is believed to have excellent leadership skills. There is an outside chance he could be drafted as high as 9th by Charlotte. Teams who did not do their research on Ajinca during the season (and there is no shortage of them unfortunately) beyond what he showed at the Hoop Summit are frantically trying to get him in for a workout, but to no avail. Ajinca last visited the Utah Jazz and will likely turn down a workout with the Phoenix Suns in favor of the 76ers on Tuesday. It’s possible that Portland goes full circle with the French connection and selects him and Nicolas Batum, should he slip to the early 2nd round.

-Look for the Chicago Bulls to announce former Spurs and Sonics head coach Bob Hill as the lead assistant under Vinny Del Negro shortly. The two are close (Hill coached Del Negro in San Antonio) and were believed to be a package deal from the very start, which eased some of the concerns John Paxson had initially about Del Negro’s lack of experience as a coach. Matt Lloyd of the Chicago Bulls told us via email that the report is “not true” and that there is “absolutely no decision that has been reached.”

-Serge Ibaka is in the United States, working out for NBA teams, sources told DraftExpress. Citing exhaustion, Ibaka initially decided to head straight back home to Barcelona after the Reebok Eurocamp in Treviso, but has changed his mind and worked out Sunday for the Utah Jazz. He also has workouts scheduled with the Detroit Pistons on Tuesday and San Antonio Spurs on Monday (with Ryan Anderson), which will also be attended by representatives of the Houston Rockets, Memphis Grizzlies, Seattle Supersonics and New Orleans Hornets. Ibaka is expected to be drafted anywhere from 23 to the early portion of the second round, depending on how he’s viewed by teams. If taken in the first round, he will likely stay overseas for one or two more years, as his contract is extremely flexible.

A team like Boston could decide to pick Serge Ibaka at 30 and stash him in Spain next season, which would help them with their problematic luxury tax situation. That’s one of the reasons Boston is heavily considering moving their pick, as they are “not in love with anyone in that range” according to one source with knowledge of the situation.

-Omer Asik is in discussions right now with his Turkish team Fenerbahce about ripping up his current contract and signing a 5-year deal that would keep him out of the NBA for a considerable amount of time, his agent Justin Zanik told DraftExpress. An agreement may or may not be reached before the draft on Thursday. Zanik is in the process of informing every NBA team about where things stand about Asik to ensure that they have all the information they need to make a sound decision on draft night. Asik currently has two more years on his deal and was thought to be a safe bet to be drafted in the second and bring over once his contract is up. This changes things considerably, though, and may drop his stock from the early second round to the mid to late portion of the draft. Asik seems likely to accept the offer from Fenerbahce, as his current contract is set at a bargain price and he would like to provide his family with financial stability that the 5-year deal would provide.

This is yet another in a long line of recent examples showing how much more equipped top European teams are to compete for the rights to their local players and keep them away from the NBA, due to the increased amounts of money flowing through the top leagues and the much weaker American dollar.

-In a telling sign of just how much his stock has risen over the past few weeks, Robin Lopez has been invited to sit in the Green Room on draft night. This is a pretty good sign that NBA executives consider him likely to go somewhere around the mid-first round or earlier, as the league does not like situations where players are sitting in the Green Room long after everyone else has been picked, even if that makes for great television. Lopez has an excellent chance to be picked at #15 by the Suns, and if not will almost certainly be taken 17th by Toronto. Every NBA person we’ve spoken with has him slotted at either of those two picks.

-Other players rumored to be invited to the Green Room (outside of the obvious suspects--Rose, Beasley, Mayo, etc) are Joe Alexander, DeAndre Jordan, Darrell Arthur, Donte Greene, Brandon Rush and Anthony Randolph. The top rated prospects we either have not heard back from or are not invited include JaVale McGee, Kosta Koufos, Marreese Speights and Alexis Ajinca.

-Sasha Kaun signed a 3-year contract with CSKA Moscow, as released on their their official website this weekend. Kaun may end up being the highest paid player on the Kansas Jayhawk championship team, as his salary will be similar to that of a late lottery pick next season. He has not shut the door on playing in the NBA down the road, as he has a comfortable buyout after the second year of his contract, which may even make him more attractive to a team drafting in the late second round.

Also joining him in Moscow is former Maryland power forward Terrence Morris, who landed a 3 year deal for over 5 million Euros net (a near-MLE deal in NBA terms). CSKA is reportedly close to landing the signatures of both Zoran Planinic (to replace Theo Papaloukas) and Jorge Garbajosa (if he passes their physical).

owl
06-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Another player that Portland could very well take a long look at (since Alexander and Westbrook are apparently out of reach) is Alexis Ajinca, who they are reportedly extremely intrigued by. Other teams that have worked him out recently have come away raving not just about Ajinca’s exciting combination of skills and physical tools, but also about his strong intangibles. He is reportedly impressing teams with his terrific personality and motivation to succeed, and is believed to have excellent leadership skills. There is an outside chance he could be drafted as high as 9th by Charlotte. Teams who did not do their research on Ajinca during the season (and there is no shortage of them unfortunately) beyond what he showed at the Hoop Summit are frantically trying to get him in for a workout, but to no avail. Ajinca last visited the Utah Jazz and will likely turn down a workout with the Phoenix Suns in favor of the 76ers on Tuesday. It’s possible that Portland goes full circle with the French connection and selects him and Nicolas Batum, should he slip to the early 2nd round.

Bummer. I would like Ajinca to be available at 11 at least to give the P's a chance to get
him if they think he is worthy. Now he might go at 9. I am beginning to not like 11.

Mr. Sobchak
06-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Another player that Portland could very well take a long look at (since Alexander and Westbrook are apparently out of reach) is Alexis Ajinca, who they are reportedly extremely intrigued by. Other teams that have worked him out recently have come away raving not just about Ajinca’s exciting combination of skills and physical tools, but also about his strong intangibles. He is reportedly impressing teams with his terrific personality and motivation to succeed, and is believed to have excellent leadership skills. There is an outside chance he could be drafted as high as 9th by Charlotte. Teams who did not do their research on Ajinca during the season (and there is no shortage of them unfortunately) beyond what he showed at the Hoop Summit are frantically trying to get him in for a workout, but to no avail. Ajinca last visited the Utah Jazz and will likely turn down a workout with the Phoenix Suns in favor of the 76ers on Tuesday. It’s possible that Portland goes full circle with the French connection and selects him and Nicolas Batum, should he slip to the early 2nd round.

Bummer. I would like Ajinca to be available at 11 at least to give the P's a chance to get
him if they think he is worthy. Now he might go at 9. I am beginning to not like 11.

Well if players like Ajinca and Robin Lopez (rumored to nets at 10) are cracking the top ten some good players have to be slipping.

Anthem
06-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Bummer. I would like Ajinca to be available at 11 at least to give the P's a chance to get him if they think he is worthy. Now he might go at 9. I am beginning to not like 11.
Somebody's got to slip, man. I'm happy if late-teen picks become top-10 picks.

Mourning
06-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Somebody's got to slip, man. I'm happy if late-teen picks become top-10 picks.

Same here :cheers:

owl
06-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Lopez could slip to 11.

Anthem
06-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Lopez could slip to 11.
I'd be thrilled with Lopez.

Mourning
06-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Lopez at #11 would be great indeed :).

Justin Tyme
06-23-2008, 02:23 PM

Nah, Ajinca will still be available at 11 if the Pacers are really interested in him. He is an interesting prospect! One I wouldn't be disappointed them getting if they could get a 2nd 1st pick. I just can't believe how much Speights has dropped!

OakMoses
06-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Judging from the last Bird interview, he's either got his eye on somebody who few people expect, or he's blowing smoke. I'm basing this on the line where he answers the question "Will your guy be there at 11?" By saying, "Yes. Oh, Yes."

If we take him at his word, I'm wondering who he's considering. Here are some names I've come up with:

Robin Lopez (reportedly invited to sit in the green room during the draft)
Alexis Ajinca (Flying up draft charts)
J.J. Hickson (Sidney Lowe says he'll go between 10-20)

All three of these guys seem to fit Bird's wishlist of a guy who can get up and down the court and play defense.

Thoughts?

HOOSIERPRIDE
06-23-2008, 04:03 PM
GO GET ERIC GORDON

Naptown_Seth
06-23-2008, 04:37 PM
I was in the car listening to NBA draft stuff on ESPN radio, I think, yesterday.

They were talking about Kevin Love's post workout interview with Milwaukee I think.

They said Kevin would go over different players and say like-okay here is how I would handle an Al Jefferson and here are the disadvantages I have in that match up, here are some disadvantages that I would have and here is how I would minimize those advantages.

Kevin would like go through the league and tell them match ups and how to use him.

WOW, how can you not like that.....
The kid has been dripping game smarts all year, that's his hook, that's what I love about him. I know he has size concerns but a smart, dedicated player can find ways to get over and helps the chemistry a ton. He's got that touch of Battier to him that you love to have on the roster. Too bad he's played his way from lower than the Pacers pick circa FEB (say 20th) to top 7-8 now or maybe higher.

Maybe Ajinca will be the real deal but god do I hate these workout superstars that no one cared about 3 months ago. I mean if he was kicking butt in Europe shouldn't the buzz be higher? Similar to the guys that somehow played a full NCAA season without impressing people but hit the practice floor and kick butt.

Granger in the doghouse? Hmm, odd they were showing him around town just last week or so which prompted my thread about the PR push. We're at odds with you and your agent, but would you please join Jeff and David over at 1070 for us today? It's not like this stuff has been Danny only like you'd get if it was just his agent hooking him up. He, Jeff and Morway have done enough things each to strongly suggest TPTB are behind it.

Naptown_Seth
06-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Well if players like Ajinca and Robin Lopez (rumored to nets at 10) are cracking the top ten some good players have to be slipping.
It's got to be smoke screen at this point. All year long these other guys are on target and then suddenly 1 week before the draft the board goes upside down? Gotta think some misinformation work is in action.

imawhat
06-24-2008, 03:35 AM
All year long these other guys are on target and then suddenly 1 week before the draft the board goes upside down? Gotta think some misinformation work is in action.

I'm sure this happens every year, right?

To anyone that is real familiar with past drafts: Are there examples of players who jumped significantly after workouts? Who and how are they doing now?

blanket
06-24-2008, 09:38 AM
It's got to be smoke screen at this point. All year long these other guys are on target and then suddenly 1 week before the draft the board goes upside down? Gotta think some misinformation work is in action.

Although Robin Lopez has been invited to the green room, so there must be something to it. Clearly his stock has risen enough for the league to seat him with the lottery picks.

blanket
06-24-2008, 09:41 AM
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Word-on-the-Street-Rounding-Up-2940/

Darrell Arthur is back on the road, fresh off hiring Dallas-based agent Jerry Hicks. Arthur may or may not have had a hamstring or back injury depending on whom you ask, and seems to be back in contention for picks 12-18. He had a terrific workout in Indiana, but does not appear to be in the picture there unless both D.J. Augustin and Russell Westbrook are off the board, which is a possibility. Arthur will be in the Green Room on draft night.

rexnom
06-24-2008, 10:16 AM
http://realgm.com/src_feature/1273/20080622/2008_nba_mock_draft_version_110_(first_of_draft_we ek)/ (http://realgm.com/src_feature/1273/20080622/2008_nba_mock_draft_version_110_%28first_of_draft_ week%29/)
I know I've seen this around here but if we have this draft (Eric Gordon and Kyle Weaver), rexnom would be very, very happy.

Our backcourt would go from "worst in the league" to "mediocre" overnight.

If EJ isn't there, I really, really like Speights as our first round pick, considering the good number of perimeter prospects still available at 41.

Speed
06-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Does anyone have insider for the latest Katz blog?

The only part I can see is talking about NY maybe having the 5th and 6th pick.... I miss you DW!!

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3458513&name=katz_andy&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d3458513%26name%3dkatz _andy

Whtwudusay
06-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Does anyone have insider for the latest Katz blog?

The only part I can see is talking about NY maybe having the 5th and 6th pick.... I miss you DW!!

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3458513&name=katz_andy&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d3458513%26name%3dkatz _andy

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=katz_andy

Draft trade rumors abound
Tuesday, June 24, 2008 | Print Entry
Here are some quick hitters two days before the NBA draft from a number of NBA sources:

• A potential deal with Memphis and New York apparently has some legs. The Knicks, who have the No. 6 pick, would get the Grizzlies' No. 5 pick and give David Lee and other considerations to Memphis. New York would then select UCLA's Russell Westbrook and Italy's Danilo Gallinari with its No. 5 and No. 6 picks. If Memphis selects UCLA's Kevin Love, that is a strong indicator that the Grizzlies are keeping the pick.

• Detroit and Boston are sitting with "catcher's mitts" at Nos. 29 and 30, respectively, to see who falls to them. But the Celtics are willing to move No. 30 since they're not desperate to add another roster body, especially with 2007 second-round pick Gabe Pruitt on the books for next season.

• Love's likely destinations are one of four places: Minnesota (3), Memphis (5), Charlotte (9) and New Jersey (10).

• If Gallinari isn't taken by New York or New Jersey, then there is a real chance he slides out of the lottery.

• Portland and Washington talked about moving their picks, but the deal is dead between them.

• Washington's No. 18 is available to be had.

• The swap with Miami (2) and Seattle (4) doesn't make sense for a lot of other executives in the league. It makes sense for Seattle to get Michael Beasley and give up Chris Wilcox, but it doesn't make sense for the Heat. The problem for the Heat is that if they move drop a spot or two to get O.J. Mayo, he could easily be gone at No. 3 to Minnesota. The consensus from a number of teams is that Miami will stay where it is in the draft despite exploring a number of options. Making trades next week is another matter.

• Nevada coach Mark Fox said he's getting a ton of calls from teams late in the first round for JaVale McGee, who was once projected to be picked in the late lottery.

• Mayo said Monday night that his interview with the Timberwolves went very well in Chicago on Saturday. He said that the T-Wolves wanted the conversation to keep going. He has also interviewed with Memphis and Seattle.

"Right now, I'm happy to play for any team," Mayo said.

• If the Knicks and Grizzlies work out a trade in the Nos. 5 and 6 spots, then the top nine could go like this:

1. Chicago -- Derrick Rose
2. Miami -- Michael Beasley
3. Minnesota -- O.J. Mayo
4. Seattle -- Brook Lopez
5. Russell Westbrook -- Memphis (for NYK)
6. New York -- Danilo Gallinari
7. LA Clippers -- Eric Gordon (or Jerryd Bayless or D.J. Augustin)
8. Milwaukee -- Joe Alexander
9. Charlotte -- Kevin Love

• The safest pick in the lottery might just be Alexander to the Bucks.

• The hot names on the trade block, but might not be moved by Thursday night, continue to be Toronto's T.J. Ford and Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal. Milwaukee denies Michael Redd is being moved.

• Arizona signee Brandon Jennings didn't go to Tucson on Monday as originally expected for the start of summer school classes.

Too much media interest, and his SAT score coming on Thursday -- which he has yet to receive a qualifying score -- prompted Arizona to wait until the weekend for Jennings to be on campus. If Jennings isn't eligible, he said he may pursue a contract with a European team.

Speed
06-24-2008, 01:04 PM

Here are some quick hitters two days before the NBA draft from a number of NBA sources:

• A potential deal with Memphis and New York apparently has some legs. The Knicks, who have the No. 6 pick, would get the Grizzlies' No. 5 pick and give David Lee and other considerations to Memphis. New York would then select UCLA's Russell Westbrook and Italy's Danilo Gallinari with its No. 5 and No. 6 picks. If Memphis selects UCLA's Kevin Love, that is a strong indicator that the Grizzlies are keeping the pick.

• Detroit and Boston are sitting with "catcher's mitts" at Nos. 29 and 30, respectively, to see who falls to them. But the Celtics are willing to move No. 30 since they're not desperate to add another roster body, especially with 2007 second-round pick Gabe Pruitt on the books for next season.

• Love's likely destinations are one of four places: Minnesota (3), Memphis (5), Charlotte (9) and New Jersey (10).

• If Gallinari isn't taken by New York or New Jersey, then there is a real chance he slides out of the lottery.

• Portland and Washington talked about moving their picks, but the deal is dead between them.

• The swap with Miami (2) and Seattle (4) doesn't make sense for a lot of other executives in the league. It makes sense for Seattle to get Michael Beasley and give up Chris Wilcox, but it doesn't make sense for the Heat. The problem for the Heat is that if they move drop a spot or two to get O.J. Mayo, he could easily be gone at No. 3 to Minnesota. The consensus from a number of teams is that Miami will stay where it is in the draft despite exploring a number of options. Making trades next week is another matter.

• Nevada coach Mark Fox said he's getting a ton of calls from teams late in the first round for JaVale McGee, who was once projected to be picked in the late lottery.

• Mayo said Monday night that his interview with the Timberwolves went very well in Chicago on Saturday. He said that the T-Wolves wanted the conversation to keep going. He has also interviewed with Memphis and Seattle.

• If the Knicks and Grizzlies work out a trade in the Nos. 5 and 6 spots, then the top nine could go like this:

• The hot names on the trade block, but might not be moved by Thursday night, continue to be Toronto's T.J. Ford and Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal. Milwaukee denies Michael Redd is being moved.

• Arizona signee Brandon Jennings didn't go to Tucson on Monday as originally expected for the start of summer school classes.

Too much media interest, and his SAT score coming on Thursday -- which he has yet to receive a qualifying score -- prompted Arizona to wait until the weekend for Jennings to be on campus. If Jennings isn't eligible, he said he may pursue a contract with a European team.

Awesome!! Thanks!!

Naptown_Seth
06-24-2008, 01:35 PM
I just wanted to say that the hype on DJ by some paired with the idea of taking him at 11 has made me come off as overly critical.

I have concerns and do think there are better options. But the kid does run a mean PnR, has solid handles and good speed. Plus as a person he's through the roof it appears.

If that's the guy it's not a disaster and could be a homerun. He's just not my choice there.

Naptown_Seth
06-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Although Robin Lopez has been invited to the green room, so there must be something to it. Clearly his stock has risen enough for the league to seat him with the lottery picks.
Yeah, but then you see that insider mock just above and it's got Bayless almost falling to Indy? 2nd best PG goes to 10 or 11? And of course no Ajinca in that version. Let alone Robin Lopez. If he goes to NJ per that possible NYK trade mock that means that Gordon or Bayless fall to Indiana. That's nuts.

Trader Joe
06-24-2008, 02:08 PM
I've been calling the Gordon fall for about two weeks now. Westbrook leaping into the top 5-6 range really sets it in motion. If we walk out of this draft with Gordon at 11, I'll be thrilled.

Hicks
06-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah, but then you see that insider mock just above and it's got Bayless almost falling to Indy? 2nd best PG goes to 10 or 11? And of course no Ajinca in that version. Let alone Robin Lopez. If he goes to NJ per that possible NYK trade mock that means that Gordon or Bayless fall to Indiana. That's nuts.

Cross your fingers.

Young
06-24-2008, 02:35 PM
I can see Gordon or Bayless falling to us at 11 which as Seth said is just nuts.

Of course it depends on a lot of ifs however I can see these coming true.

Hopefully it happens. That would be awesome to be able to get either of these guys.

CableKC
06-24-2008, 02:41 PM

Wow.....Bayless or Gordon could drop past the 9th spot. I still find it hard to believe that the Sonics wouldn't take Bayless or Westbrook.

CableKC
06-24-2008, 02:44 PM
I can see Gordon or Bayless falling to us at 11 which as Seth said is just nuts.

Of course it depends on a lot of ifs however I can see these coming true.

Hopefully it happens. That would be awesome to be able to get either of these guys.
All it takes is 1 team to reach for a player and we are in like flynn......:happydanc

croz24
06-25-2008, 11:22 PM
ucla vs mich st from november 2007 is airing on espnU right now - for those who want to see russell westbrook in all his glory ;-)

Naptown_Seth
06-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Bump this thread.

If you didn't check it out you might search it for "Bayless" or "Rush". A few pages back someone posted a video of Rush, CDR and 2 other guys doing workout drills so that you can see them side by side in the same situation. To me Rush looked the best of the bunch.

If you've followed this thread you know I was happy to get Rush. :)