PDA

View Full Version : Everytime

Conflict
01-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Everytime when Dun Dun or/ and Granger have a good/ super game we win. Everytime when JO has a good game it's a thrash game. I'm not a JO hater and this has nothing to do with JO but damn we need a steady PF/ C.

Alpolloloco
01-04-2008, 10:50 PM
If JO just concentrates on the defensive end and doesn't force too many shots at the other end, our offense is running much smoother.

Trader Joe
01-04-2008, 10:58 PM
If JO just concentrates on the defensive end and doesn't force too many shots at the other end, our offense is running much smoother.

JO took 11 shots against Memphis and we scored 72 points. JO took 10 shots tonight and we scored 113. Was that one shot really worth 41 points?

Naptown_Seth
01-04-2008, 11:07 PM
JO took 11 shots against Memphis and we scored 72 points. JO took 10 shots tonight and we scored 113. Was that one shot really worth 41 points?
Exactly. JO has been clearly sub-par on offense all year, but there is no way you can track the wins-losses to much of what he's contributed. That's not exactly a glowing endorsement either since it makes him a "non-factor".

Of course the foundation of your house is hidden below the surface too, but that doesn't make it a non-factor. Could just be that every night you get the same steady output from him in overall impact and then it's DG/Dun swinging wildly from 0-100 which alters the outcomes.

I think it's a little of both. He isn't as big an impact as he should be, and not just by salary but by talent, but he's nowhere near worthless either.

Also it's one game, at home, vs ATL. Dun and DG didn't just have a good game, they were lights out from 3. All teams win when the SG and SF shoot 9 of 12 from 3.

Infinite MAN_force
01-05-2008, 02:23 AM
I don't blame JO for memphis, but I do blame him for the charlotte loss. All I remember listening on the radio was JO miss, JO miss etc... in overtime.

on your other point, a non-factor should not have a max contract.

I realize this post sounds negative, I really do like JO and A lot of what he does for us, but there is SOME credence to the complaining about him. I just hope he figures it out and for gods sake stop taking that crappy turn-around jump shot.

mb221
01-06-2008, 02:43 AM
I think something that needs to be remembered in regards to JO's contract is when he received it. When he got signed to the big deal, this team was still playing a style of ball that allowed him to stuff the stat sheet every night. In the new system, games will go by where he isn't scoring 24ppg, but is still contributing in many other ways.

mcampbellarch
01-06-2008, 03:01 AM
The shots may not be the best measure, but they are an easy measure. At some point I will save and review a couple of wins and losses and see how much time the ball is held at the post. A quick bucket from the post should not be weighed equally against holding the ball for 10 sec. back to the basket preceding a forced shot missed.

The question is whether this data would be useful regardless who is playing point?