PDA

View Full Version : No Jim O'Brien Show Recording this week

Hicks
01-03-2008, 06:20 PM
I think MagicRat's still on vacation, and while I'm here tonight, this is a transition week where the show won't be on streaming internet radio through wibc.com because they now stream the 93.1FM content, not the 1070AM content (where the O'Brien show will be held).

I checked the new 1070 "the fan" website, and they have no link that I can see for streaming their stuff (and technically they're not "up" yet anyway), so I don't have access with my equipment.

I could try directly from a radio, but the 1070 reception is garbage in New Castle.

Unclebuck
01-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm listening and glad I am. O'Brien is very upbeat

Lord Helmet
01-03-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm listening and glad I am. O'Brien is very upbeat
Give us a summary if you can.

Unclebuck
01-03-2008, 08:18 PM
OK, I will,

The show starting next week is on at 6:00.

Jim said they spent 3 hours today working on communicating on defense because the big guys need to communicate and haven't been. The players also have not been following the sprint rule. When the Pacers shoot the ball each player is supposed to either sprint for an offensive
rebound or sprint back on defense - and they haven't been doing that.

Pacers had very few practices in the month of December due to number of games and holidays, so that is why the slippage.
Need to get back to basics such has setting screens

Unclebuck
01-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Marquis is challenged at the point guard spot, he's being asked to do a great deal. He never really played the point guard.

Tinsley knows where everyone is on the court.

Whenever
Marquis is at the point the pacers are % wise at their best defensively

Lord Helmet
01-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Sounds good, need a win tomorrow.

sportsmusicxboxpacer
01-03-2008, 08:52 PM
any talk abt williams

NuffSaid
01-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Marquis is challenged at the point guard spot, he's being asked to do a great deal. He never really played the point guard.

Tinsley knows where everyone is on the court.

Whenever
Marquis is at the point the pacers are % wise at their best defensively
I've noticed that, too. While I don't have the numbers to support how successful the defense has been with him on the floor, I have noticed that whenever Quis is rotated in @ PG, he's usually surrounded by Rush, Granger, Foster and JO. This group represents perhaps our best energy AND defensive lineup. While I believe Owens is the better 1-on-1 defender from the Point, Quis is a more mobile and quicker. What I'd like to see is for this group to score the ball more. Frankly, I'd like to see Deiner w/this group @ the Point and Quis @ SG. This way we don't lose speed, we'd keep athleticism and possibly retain a shooter on the floor IF Deiner could ever find his shot. Until he does, Quis will inherit his spot at the Point w/Rush as the Shooter.

Cornrows
01-03-2008, 09:41 PM
This isn't real clean but it sounds okay on my PC.

http://www.indycornrows.com/images/admin/OBShow080103.mp3

kester99
01-03-2008, 09:44 PM

Bless you, IC......sounds good on mine too.

Indycornrows, ladies and gentlemen, FTW.

aero
01-03-2008, 10:02 PM

you my friend are a life saver :D and not the candy :p

Hicks
01-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Cornrows, do you mind if I upload that recording onto the PD server to add it to the collection of O'Brien shows?

Cornrows
01-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Cornrows, do you mind if I upload that recording onto the PD server to add it to the collection of O'Brien shows?

No problem. I taped it for PD.

andreialta
01-04-2008, 02:59 AM
Cornrows you the man!!!

so with that, i haven't missed any episode of the JOB show

i think!!

goodjob Cornrows!!