PDA

View Full Version : Pacers vs. Grizzlies Post-Game Thread: 5 in a row

Shade
01-02-2008, 10:17 PM
72 freakin' points, at home, against one of the worst defenses in the NBA. :shakehead

Just like most of us figured, we're toast without Tinsley.

At this rate, I see us dropping at least 12 in a row. 15-25, here we come! :yay:

mb221
01-02-2008, 10:20 PM
How does Shawne not get on the court at ALL?

LoneGranger33
01-02-2008, 10:21 PM
This team will not make the playoffs. Also, I'm disgusted with O'Brien

Alpolloloco
01-02-2008, 10:21 PM
What was JO doing on the court?

LoneGranger33
01-02-2008, 10:23 PM
What was JO doing on the court?

I believe his intentions were to play basketball.

Lord Helmet
01-02-2008, 10:24 PM
This team will not make the playoffs. Also, I'm disgusted with O'Brien
Coach doesn't shoot the baskets.......

Unclebuck
01-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Grizzlies played a really good game tonight - noway they played this well during their 5 game losing streak.

Pacers miss Tinsley - obviously. Pacers also right not have very little confidence - they look like they did back when they lost 6 straight

LoneGranger33
01-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Cleveland, Chicago and New Jersey will all make the playoffs. We will end up 10 games or so under .500.

BlueNGold
01-02-2008, 10:26 PM

Not accusing him of throwing the game or attempting to lower his trade value in hopes of being traded to a team that retains its talent....

For the first time, I have some doubts whether he was giving 100%.

Again, just doubts...not making some proclamation.

Lord Helmet
Grizzlies played a really good game tonight - noway they played this well during their 5 game losing streak.

Pacers miss Tinsley - obviously. Pacers also right not have very little confidence - they look like they did back when they lost 6 straight
I've noticed that. We're not trying anything on offense. Just very conservative and I don't think that benefits the style we are trying to play at all.

Mourning

:lol:

LoneGranger33
01-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Coach doesn't shoot the baskets.......

This team lost to Seattle, Clippers, Memphis, Minnesota and twice to Charlotte. Until more than halfway through the second quarter the only Grizzlies to score were the big three - what exactly was the plan there, to make the other team's best players beat us?

Shade
01-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Cleveland, Chicago and New Jersey will all make the playoffs. We will end up 10 games or so under .500.

...by the middle of the month.

LoneGranger33
01-02-2008, 10:30 PM
We miss Tinsley because he coaches the team a hell of a lot better than O'Brien does.

LoneGranger33
01-02-2008, 10:31 PM

Dude, I'm trying to be optimistic here.

NorCal_Pacerfan
01-02-2008, 10:37 PM
9 points in the fourth.

D-BONE
01-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Miserable! We were up 4 or so at the half. Yet man I was like this is a boring game at that point. Then it went from boring to miserable.

We are not good. We are quickly heading south from mediocre. No Tins hurts, but can he really stem this tide or is this just the reality of who we are?

bnd45
01-02-2008, 10:42 PM

JOB better get asked this question. Granger is going through the motions and giving us nothing right now. Shawne definitely should get in on a night where we struggle to score and go 5-28 from 3's.

LoneGranger33
01-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Foster and Murphy looked good. Maybe they can be our 1-2 punch on offense from now on? And is anyone else worried about Ike Diogu's ****tiness since his return?

Mourning
01-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Foster and Murphy looked good. Maybe they can be our 1-2 punch on offense from now on? And is anyone else worried about Ike Diogu's ****tiness since his return?

I'm thinking he hasn't totally recovered yet. But, I could be wrong there, offcourse.

Naptown_Seth
01-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Because Carlisle won't play young players. I just wish Tinsley would stop milking his injuries in order to prove a point to Rick. And isn't it clear that Rick's system just doesn't work for Dunleavy.

Oh wait....

(obligatory rant by me at this point ;) )

I gotta tell you that I'm worried that I was right after all during the summer. I was starting to think I was crazy, but after posting the stuff about 29-24 last year I started thinking and looking at the Pacers schedule. It got ugly in a hurry last year, even though some people remembered it being bad the entire time. Right now I'd love to see the brawl W-L record or even the Ron-trade record.

In OCT I was ready to watch a lottery run and get excited for next season, but now that signs of that kind of turn are showing up I have to say that I don't have the stomach for it. They tricked me into having hope. :cry:

I love Danny, but I also love Shawne's game. Last year we saw signs of him outplaying Danny and now it's looking like it could be the same. I voted to pull DG from the starters and I stand by that. Next Pippen or not, gotta do what's best for the team currently and what gets the most out of the group as a whole. Shawne for DG seems to be one of those things.

Also Rush is falling off unfortunately. His FG numbers might be okay lately (haven't checked) but his +/- hasn't been. Something about him out there isn't clicking correctly.

Rajah Brown
01-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Not concerned about Diogu. But then, I don't expect too much
from him. I've never understood the hype over him by some.

Naptown_Seth
01-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Positive note...almost no one dares peek at my +/- thread, but if you manned up and did so you would have seen the last 10 games numbers and noticed MURPHY at the top by far. I haven't done it for this game yet, but just looking at his output you can guess that his units were having the most success.

He's gotten hot. Unfortunately Dun has cooled quite a bit in the same span.

Mourning
01-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Positive note...almost no one dares peek at my +/- thread, but if you manned up and did so you would have seen the last 10 games numbers and noticed MURPHY at the top by far. I haven't done it for this game yet, but just looking at his output you can guess that his units were having the most success.

He's gotten hot. Unfortunately Dun has cooled quite a bit in the same span.

And JO if I may ask?

Naptown_Seth
01-02-2008, 10:53 PM

Pacers miss Tinsley - obviously. Pacers also right not have very little confidence - they look like they are in the process of losing 6 straight
Fixed....unfortunately.
:(

odeez
01-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Best to forget this game, but then you realize we have lost 5 straight. Two of those to a great Detroit Pistons team. But tonight's loss really hurts, no excuse for the performance. It's not working again! We do need TINS badly, but even with him, I am not sure.

:confused:

Naptown_Seth
01-02-2008, 10:54 PM
And JO if I may ask?
Poor also, mentioned in that thread. It's probably at the top of page 2. I just won't have this game up for awhile, but the rest is up to date. Here's the post with the 10 games prior to tonight. Troy is first with +42, JO is last with -28. JO had 3-4 horrible games, but also had several good ones too. His bad ones were just that awful.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showpost.php?p=637861&postcount=55

BruceLeeroy
01-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Very little effort tonight by the P's. Props to Andre, Troy, Jeff, and Ike(in the few min. he got) for at least playing like they cared.

OnlyPacersLeft
01-02-2008, 11:31 PM
do you guys still hate jamaal tinsley? still want him gone? cause this is what you have! I fell asleep at halftime when we had a 1 pt lead...then wake up to see us down 9 just over 6 in the fourth. Then it baloons to 16 and i see us clanking 3 after 3...and uhg...
This is getting ugly...we need to do something fast!

grace
01-02-2008, 11:43 PM

I was going to say you need to calm down, but then I looked at the schedule...

For those of you who all the sudden don't like JOB I know of someone who's available.

<---

tora tora
01-02-2008, 11:44 PM
I feel sorry for the season ticket holders. How much longer do the fans have to put up with this lackluster bs? It seems like management doesn't seem to care any more than the players do. All this preseason emphasis on "defense" HA don't make me laugh.

Naptown_Seth
01-02-2008, 11:46 PM
But this is part of the issue with Tinsley. He got a big fat pass because it was all Rick's fault when he was "hurt" the last few years.

Does the offense go dead without him? Yes, but that was true last year too. The problem wasn't Rick, the problem was a messed up roster that floundered when their injury-prone PG couldn't play.

It's 3-4 years running now and yet to be fixed. This year in Tinsley's glorious rebirth he's done exactly what we saw the last few years - shot poorly, played poor defense on the ball, snuck around for good steals, turned it over with aggressive plays, made And-1 caliber handles and passing moves, got the offense flowing, got his name in the news, and sat with injury.

Seriously, you could write his season summary this year by picking up the end-of-season edition of the Star from any of the last few years.

And that includes the "this year it's different, there's a new attitude with the team now".

Naptown_Seth
01-02-2008, 11:47 PM
For those of you who all the sudden don't like JOB I know of someone who's available.

<---
That's not a picture of Rick Carlisle. ;)

avoidingtheclowns
01-02-2008, 11:48 PM

<---

would that make you a pacer fan again? or are you lost forever to the lakers now that they met your "wear short shorts" demand?

Hoop
01-02-2008, 11:49 PM
I've been going to Pacer games for 20+ years and tonight was the first time I've EVER left before the 4th quarter started.

I was so discussed with the overall lack of effort that I just couldn't take it. We didn't even try to run the floor on offense or defense. We looked like a team that could care less, no heart, no hustle (except for Foster).

I'm usually optimistic about the Pacers no matter what, but I see nothing to look forward to. I'm not even sure JOB knows what the hell he's doing anymore. It kinda seems like the second half of the season last year all over again.

odeez
01-02-2008, 11:55 PM
I've been going to Pacer games for 20+ years and tonight was the first time I've EVER left before the 4th quarter started.

I was so discussed with the overall lack of effort that I just couldn't take it. We didn't even try to run the floor on offense or defense. We looked like a team that could care less, no heart, no hustle (except for Foster).

I'm usually optimistic about the Pacers no matter what, but I see nothing to look forward to. I'm not even sure JOB knows what the hell he's doing anymore. It kinda seems like the second half of the season last year all over again.

I don't blame you, tonight, you didn't get your moneys worth!

Oneal07
01-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Our problem is, we play too casual!!! We don't play like we want to win!!

LoneGranger33
01-03-2008, 12:17 AM
:suicide4:

<---

It's not all of a sudden - I've been saying bad things about him for weeks now, and I'm damn proud of myself.
:suicide3:

Kofi
01-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Time to rebuild.

OnlyPacersLeft
01-03-2008, 01:23 AM
JO is tanking i think....time to trade him.

Trader Joe
01-03-2008, 01:37 AM
I miss Tinsley. :(

Trader Joe
01-03-2008, 01:38 AM
Also Eric Gordon FTW.

grace
01-03-2008, 04:53 AM
would that make you a pacer fan again? or are you lost forever to the lakers now that they met your "wear short shorts" demand?

As much as I love Scott I don't know that I can be a Pacers fan as long as a certain hick is still in charge. As for the Lakers they have to wear them for more than a half before they can turn my head.

grace
01-03-2008, 04:55 AM

I didn't watch the game. I have a hard time believing it could be worse than the game where they retired Reggie's number. That was so disgusting we left after half time.

Bball
01-03-2008, 05:36 AM
I didn't watch the game. I have a hard time believing it could be worse than the game where they retired Reggie's number. That was so disgusting we left after half time.

This game wasn't THAT bad... Unless you handicap the games since at least Phoenix was a much better team than Memphis. But it's hard remembering a time that disgusted me as much as the egg the team laid on Reggie's jersey retirement ceremony...

Altho the Golden State game following the Colts' Superbowl dome celebration would be high up there!

-Bball

Doddage
01-03-2008, 07:00 AM
Please, if we're gonna lose all these games, let's just go all out. Enough of the .500 garbage...

CableKC
01-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Please, if we're gonna lose all these games, let's just go all out. Enough of the .500 garbage...
Given the way this team has played and with little chance for improvement....in the East....we can be mediocre and still earn a very quick 1st round exit against the "Big Ticket".

I seriously believe that all the Pacers FO is looking for is to "Simply return to the Playoffs" and pray that the Celtics don't show up if we play them in the 1st round. We could be swept in the 1st round, lose by 20 points in each game and I still think that TPTB will be satisfied with that.

Why? Because Bird's goal of returning to the Playoffs would ( techincally ) be accomplished.

Bball
01-03-2008, 08:00 AM

If past history is any indication, if the losing looks like we're in danger of missing the playoffs, then we'll see a trade.

I'm really fine with the losing because there's little point in winning with this collection of players and salaries. There's no way we can win enough to do anything but hurt our draft chances. At the outside, we make the playoffs to be blown out by the 1 seed... Which would leave TPTB satisfied to have just made the playoffs and dampen any desires they might otherwise have to make real player changes.

Of course if we make a meaningful trade then I might feel differently... But until JO is gone and our reliance on JT is put to bed, what can we really expect? We can hope for lots of things... but what can we expect?.

On the subject of potential high draft picks tho- I'm still leery of Eric Gordon's game translating to the pros...

-Bball

Rajah Brown
01-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Bball-

Totally agree. Though I do think Gordon will be very good at the NBA
level. Not great, but very good.

The Pacers chances of being bad enough to draft high enough to
grab him are slim and none.

Unclebuck
01-03-2008, 09:07 AM
I feel sorry for the season ticket holders. How much longer do the fans have to put up with this lackluster bs? It seems like management doesn't seem to care any more than the players do. All this preseason emphasis on "defense" HA don't make me laugh.

I can only speak for myself. But as a season ticket holder, I realize when I decide to pay a lot of money to buy the tickets that there is no guarantee the team will be good, or that their won't be massive injuries, or that that there won't be major trades that signals rebuilding is taking place. I've been through a lot worse season than this one

OakMoses
01-03-2008, 11:55 AM
This is a reactionary statement. I know that. I also know that it's based on one of the worst quarters of NBA basketball that I've ever seen.

From what I saw last night, I'd trade our roster for Memphis's in a heartbeat. I know they're not winning games, but they're younger and more talented across the board.

Gasol is a much better offensive player than JO.

Rudy Gay is better, younger, and improving more quickly than Granger.

Conley will be better than Tinsley within 2 years.

Miller is a much better shooter and defender than Dunleavy.

Lowry and Navarro are on par with any of our young talent. Shawne may be better, but he's not doing anything for us right now.

I try very hard not to get too upset after losses, but what I saw last night gave me absolutely no reason for hope.

I've never wanted to see Tinsley play so badly.

jmoney2584
01-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Dwayne Wade is the same height and a few less pounds as Eric Gordon and these are his first three years at Marquette...

........................MIN FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG TPG BPG SPG PPG
00-01 Marquette Did Not Play - Ineligible
01-02 Marquette 29.2 48.7 34.6 69.0 6.6 3.4 3.0 1.1 2.5 17.8
02-03 Marquette 32.1 50.1 31.8 77.9 6.3 4.4 3.2 1.3 2.2 21.5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTALS ......... 30.7 49.4 33.3 74.5 6.5 3.9 3.1 1.2 2.3 19.7

So in his "freshman" year on the court he was solid, but look at what kind of NBA career he is having. Our guy EJ is much more productive and has a better IQ for the game than wade at the same stage of his career. EJ's numbers thus far.....

.....SEASON MIN PTS REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF FG% FT% 3P% PPS
2007-2008 32.6 23.5 3.1 2.3 3.3 .70 1.5 .8 2.2 .490 .861 .434 1.84

He's every bit as athletic, and I would say more team oriented. We have the big ten netwrok at my work so i make sure i watch every play of every IU game. The man barely ever takes a college range three. That .43 percent 3pt shooting is damn near all from NBA range and usually off a quick cross or stepback with a gunslingers release. Gordons ability to know when to attack the basket seperates him from many collegiate players as well. Whenever he is having an off night from the floor shooting he just takes it to the rack and if he doesn't get the and one then he's damn near money from the line. He is averaging right about 10 FTAs a game. If he recognizes the importance of getting to the foul line and attacking when your shot isn't falling at this level, there is no reason to believe his game will not translate when he is surrounded by smarter, more skilled professional athletes whos skills will open up his game anymore. Anyone who has watched games can vouch that he doesn't force his shots either, if he has an open man he will get them the good pass, he is really good at the "hockey assist". I know the D wade comparison gets used a lot but its really the most accurate. So in conclusion yes, his game will indeed translate.

PS i know the stats aren't line up perfectly, the space bar wasn't doing it for me and i've tried editing it several times, most of you are stat junkies too so you know how to read it.