PDA

View Full Version : Any comic book readers here?

Shade
01-02-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm pissed about Spider-Man and need to vent. :pissed:

heywoode
01-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm pissed about Spider-Man and need to vent. :pissed:

I don't read comic books, but feel free to vent anyway. I'm already pissed for you and I don't even know what happened.

Natston
01-02-2008, 06:57 PM
It's just a movie errr... comic book.

Shade
01-02-2008, 07:49 PM
I don't read comic books, but feel free to vent anyway. I'm already pissed for you and I don't even know what happened.

The last 20 years of Spider-Man continuity, along with his marriage, has just been retconned out of existence, thanks to his making deal with the devil to stop Aunt May from dying for the 3rd time. :mad: :bs:

heywoode
01-02-2008, 10:13 PM
The last 20 years of Spider-Man continuity, along with his marriage, has just been retconned out of existence, thanks to his making deal with the devil to stop Aunt May from dying for the 3rd time. :mad: :bs:

That has to be maddening when you have so much invested in the story. I wouldn't like it either.

Lord Helmet
01-02-2008, 10:21 PM
So what the hell happened? I'm assuming this is "The Amazing Spider-Man" storyline....

I haven't read comics in years, but used to be into them, I loved Ultimate Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man.

Arcadian
01-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Comic continuity leads to most bad story lines.

James Bond
01-03-2008, 01:39 AM
I have read so many comic books it's not even funny.
I used to get um from garage sales and antique stores, who practically gave them to me. So i've read almost everything.

As for spiderman, most of them were done in series and since I never bought them new, I could never complete them. so spiderman wasn't one of my favs.

All I read now a days is just graphic novels.
Most recently, Kingdom Come, which was awesome.

And they better finish making the Watchman movie, it's been almost a decade since they said they were going to.

Ransom
01-03-2008, 04:11 PM
I read mostly Graphic novels, and trade paperbacks, but I have been reading the current Captain America arc. Which despite not having Steve Rogers actually in the story right now, is pretty good.

I only approve of retconning Mary Jane's marriage if she's replaced by Gwen Stacy (kidding). Seriously, don't we have single Peter in the Ultimate series and half a dozen elseworld comics anyway?