PDA

View Full Version : Does Artest Only Have Migraines During Practice Time?

Bball
06-01-2004, 12:49 PM
Has the migraine problem replaced his 'back' problem from early in the season? Does he really have a problem with migraines? Seems like these aren't practices Artest should be missing.

....Or is this our intrepid Star reporters helping to keep something from us?

-Bball "Where's my tinfoil hat?"

Unclebuck
06-01-2004, 01:09 PM
His last migraine was the day of the Pacers v Heat game #1. Pacers had practiced for 11 days prior.

Bball, I don't think for one second that Ron does not want to practice, if antyhing he wants to practice too much. But I know he has been extremely frustrated in this series.

There was a quote from an unnamed player that Ron was having problems at home. it was on Indystar.com

PaceBalls
06-01-2004, 01:11 PM
I'd be mad as hell at my teammate for talking about my family life to the media. That's grounds for a asswhippin.

indygeezer
06-01-2004, 01:12 PM
His last migraine was the day of the Pacers v Heat game #1. Pacers had practiced for 11 days prior.

Bball, I don't think for one second that Ron does not want to practice, if antyhing he wants to practice too much. But I know he has been extremely frustrated in this series.

There was a quote from an unnamed player that Ron was having problems at home. it was on Indystar.com

That's the 2nd or 3rd time I've heard of trouble on the homefront. That ain't fun times.

sweabs
06-01-2004, 01:20 PM
Everything is building up nicely for a win tonight!!!

:rolleyes:...oh please Lord!!!

bulletproof
06-01-2004, 01:34 PM
That's the 2nd or 3rd time I've heard of trouble on the homefront. That ain't fun times.

Hey, Kobe doesn't let a little thing like a rape charge take him out of his game. :P

Bball
06-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Sorry... shoulda posted a link:
(Note: He missed practice yesterday AND shootaround today with a reported migraine according to this)

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/06/01/sports1324EDT0357.DTL

Migraine headache keeps Artest from attending shootaround

CHRIS SHERIDAN, AP Basketball Writer
Tuesday, June 1, 2004

(06-01) 10:24 PDT AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) --

A migraine headache kept Ron Artest from attending Indiana's morning shootaround Tuesday, adding to the Pacers' uncertainty over who would be available for Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals.

Coach Rick Carlisle said Jermaine O'Neal (sprained knee) and Jamaal Tinsley (left leg injuries) would likely start, though he won't hesitate to replace any player who is not helping the team.

"That's something I've talked to Jamaal about. We'll see where he is," Carlisle said. "If it gets to a point where it appears he's not able to do what he needs to do out there, or it appears he could be compromised, then I'm going to have to make a tough decision."

Artest also missed practice Monday because of a migraine headache but traveled with the team from Indianapolis.

Indiana trails the best-of-seven series 3-2.

O'Neal injured his left knee in Game 4 by landing awkwardly while going for a rebound. Tinsley has been hampered by injuries to his ankle, knee and hamstring.

"We'll know more tonight," Carlisle said. "Tinsley is sore and appears to be having more difficulty as the series goes along, and Jermaine is sore but we expect him to play. Ron will be more of a game-time decision."

Anthony Johnson will remain the primary backup to Tinsley, with little-used veteran Kenny Anderson the third option at point guard.

"I think I'll get in, I don't know for how many minutes," Anderson said. "Right now we don't have a choice. If things aren't going right, he'll probably throw everything at them. We don't have a tomorrow, so everybody will probably get a chance."

Game 7, if necessary, would be Thursday night at Indiana.

The winner will advance to play the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals beginning Sunday night.
-------------------------------------------------------

Bball

LAPacer
06-01-2004, 01:37 PM

Hey, Kobe doesn't let a little thing like a rape charge take him out of his game. :P

buahahahaha

Suaveness
06-01-2004, 01:38 PM

buahahahaha

In fact, he seems to play much much better when he comes back from court.

So...the key to playing superb in a game is to go rape people. Hey, it works for Kobe.

LAPacer
06-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Maybe that one thread about the pacers needing Ron Mercer was on point. :D