06-01-2004, 11:54 AM
'til gametime.

Fish or cut bait
Sink or swim
Do or die

WIN OR GO HOME

LAPacer
06-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Just like Jermaine said, we will find out what kind of team we have.

ROCislandWarrior
06-01-2004, 12:13 PM
I think it is safe to say that this game won't be a blowout (atleast not in our favor)

The only thing that would really upset me would be if we got killed tonight.
I have already prepared myself for a loss, but a blowout would just kill me.

Snickers
06-01-2004, 12:17 PM

Amen to that. If this is it for us, then that's all there is to it. But I really hope we don't go out with a whimper.

But the more I think about it, the more I feel like we can actually win this one. Seriously.

Unclebuck
06-01-2004, 12:23 PM
I think it is safe to say that this game won't be a blowout (atleast not in our favor)

I agree 100%.

My excitement level for this series and this team right now is at an alltime low for this season. So I am approaching this game expecting the pacers to lose tonight, I'll watch every second of the game, and the longer the Pacers hang in the more my belief will increase.

Here is my best guess as to the way the game will go tonight, keep in mind I have been wrong all series. Pacers will fall down early by 7 or 8, but then ahng in at about that decifict trhough the first half and trail by between 6-8 point at halftime. Clearly still in the game, but I will get the felling that one strong run by the Pistons will break the Pacers, and that is what I fear at the start of the second half

AcneBrain
06-01-2004, 12:27 PM
I said the day of game 4 "tonight we will find out of this team is for real". We came out with a great effort and won by 15 on the Pistons court. 2 days later the Pistons did the same thing to us on our home court. So, are we for real or not? Are the Pistons for real or not? Even if we manage a win tonight, the they have already shown they can beat us on our home court. Twice.

fwpacerfan
06-01-2004, 12:37 PM
All I want is EFFORT. That is something I didn't see enough of in game 5. If this team from 1 through 12 doesn't come out agressive and fired up then I say there should be some changes over the summer. If you can't get up for an elimination game, when your back is against the wall then you don't deserve to be part of this franchise. I wish I could write Carlisle's pre-game speech because these guys need to figure out if they want to be a part of this team or not.

Shade
06-01-2004, 12:49 PM
I think tonight will be like last night's Lakers/Wolves game. The Pacers will hang around, maybe even have a lead in the 3rd/4th quarter, but ultimately be out of the game with a couple or three minutes to go. :(

:pacers: 78
:pistons: 84

indygeezer
06-01-2004, 12:51 PM
OK, I'm gonna say what I've been thinking. This is why I mentioned the "Passord Protected" site and what a good thing it would be.

I question whether this team has the "heart" to gut out a Must-win game. There are certain players on this team that I feel talk bigger than they are willing to back up. And no, it's not due to immaturity, they're just soft. Perhaps it's because they came into the league too early, perhaps it's because too much has been handed to them and they've never had to "work" for their living. Whatever, they either play soft or selfishly and then disappear. I hope they prove me wrong, but I'm much more optimistic about this off-season than I am about tonight. (and I hold very little hope for this off-season)

Shade
06-01-2004, 12:57 PM
OK, I'm gonna say what I've been thinking. This is why I mentioned the "Passord Protected" site and what a good thing it would be.

I question whether this team has the "heart" to gut out a Must-win game. There are certain players on this team that I feel talk bigger than they are willing to back up. And no, it's not due to immaturity, they're just soft. Perhaps it's because they came into the league too early, perhaps it's because too much has been handed to them and they've never had to "work" for their living. Whatever, they either play soft or selfishly and then disappear. I hope they prove me wrong, but I'm much more optimistic about this off-season than I am about tonight. (and I hold very little hope for this off-season)

Or maybe, just maybe, they're not as good as their press reads.

We badly need a guy who can just take over a game. A Rip, a Wade, a Paul Pierce, a Kobe, a (dare I say it?)...T-Mac. JO can't do it, at least not nearly consistantly enough. Reggie used to be able to do it but can't anymore. Nobody else has ever been able to do it, except MAYBE Ron when his shots are going in and he's getting to the line. Neither has happened in this series.

Dukins
06-01-2004, 12:58 PM
I cant wait for the game to start. Like UB i have mentally prepared myself for a loss. I hope we come out with good energy and sustain the Pistons runs.

Shade
06-01-2004, 01:06 PM
I cant wait for the game to start. Like UB i have mentally prepared myself for a loss. I hope we come out with good energy and sustain the Pistons runs.

I have done the same, but no matter how well you prepare, it doesn't REALLY sink in until it actually happens.

Here's hoping that, for a change, the Pacers prove me wrong. :pray:

indygeezer
06-01-2004, 01:08 PM

I have done the same, but no matter how well you prepare, it doesn't REALLY sink in until it actually happens.

Here's hoping that, for a change, the Pacers prove me wrong. :pray:

Gee, I dunno if we should help the Pistons sustain their runs, although I guess we've been doing that.

Suaveness
06-01-2004, 01:17 PM

I agree 100%.

My excitement level for this series and this team right now is at an alltime low for this season. So I am approaching this game expecting the pacers to lose tonight, I'll watch every second of the game, and the longer the Pacers hang in the more my belief will increase.

Here is my best guess as to the way the game will go tonight, keep in mind I have been wrong all series. Pacers will fall down early by 7 or 8, but then ahng in at about that decifict trhough the first half and trail by between 6-8 point at halftime. Clearly still in the game, but I will get the felling that one strong run by the Pistons will break the Pacers, and that is what I fear at the start of the second half

That is exactly how I am thinking.

sweabs
06-01-2004, 01:23 PM
What happened to the the official countdown thread?

MSA2CF
06-01-2004, 01:25 PM
What happened to the the official countdown thread?

We lost the game when the "coubtdown" thread was on, so maybe it's bad luck now.

PacerStud
06-01-2004, 01:28 PM
JO said something like "If you're not planning on being here for game 7, then don't get on the plane.