PDA

View Full Version : So THIS is where everyone went

Doug in CO
06-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Long time no talk - I understand why people have abandoned the Star.

So listen, my Sunday was awful - I took my 6 yeaar old to the race, and we left when they stopped the race thinking they would finish it Monday, well by the time we got back to Carmel the race had started and it was just too much to go back... so we prepared for the game.

As some of you may know, I am a transplanted Hoosier, and this was the first time I took my son to Conseco - we went to Game 4 in Boston where he was taught the ways of the Pacers.

Anyway, this was never a game - and what I witnessed in this game was what started in game 2 when he did not dunk - the end of Reggie's career. His unwillingless to shoot tells me a lot - I mean, it would be one thing if he shot and missed. But he seems - dare I say - scared to shoot.

Behind us what a group of Pistons fans, one was a 35 year old lady who - and I am not exaggerating - kept sayin - 'Pistons rule, Pacers drool." At one point in time I asked he howw old she was and if she would kindly shut up - that went over well. This was not what I had planned when I set out for our 15 hour drive to Mecca - what a disaster of a day and I am still reeling.

I have watched I would say literally every minute of this season - and for it to end (should it) against the Pistins frustrates me because I truly believe we are better than them. But I guess we're not. We have guard issues. We go back to the offseason and we did not sign Jon Barry who practically had a house bought in Indy while we were messing around with contracts - and I can't help but wonder how this series would be different with Brad Miller in it.

The offseason is a discussion for tomorrow or maybe Friday or - God willing - 2 weeks from noiw... but believe me, there need to be changes.

MSA2CF
06-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Anyway, this was never a game - and what I witnessed in this game was what started in game 2 when he did not dunk - the end of Reggie's career. His unwillingless to shoot tells me a lot - I mean, it would be one thing if he shot and missed. But he seems - dare I say - scared to shoot.

Did you see earlier in game 2? He looked like was ready and raring to shoot; he was doing everything and more.

Mourning
06-01-2004, 08:44 AM
Welcome to the board! :thumbup:

On a sidenote ... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, no more Brad Miller discussion!!! :thankyou: I dont think Barry would have made a very positive difference, its not like his D is very strong and ok, he offensively can do damage, but I'm pretty sure we still would be in this position WITH Barry, its all specualtion, offcourse ;).

Lets just hope Indy comes out roaring and blazing tonight!

:gopacers:

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Snickers
06-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Welcome aboard!

I seem to remember Barry deciding against signing with us when he found out Carlisle was going to be coaching. I guess they didn't get along too well in Detroit, or he's not the kind of player Carlisle likes. :whoknows:

Hicks
06-01-2004, 01:31 PM
:welcome: