PDA

View Full Version : So, next few games, Atlanta and Detroit...

NorCal_Pacerfan
12-24-2007, 08:29 PM
So, here we are hovering a couple of games over .500 and now we have to face two surging teams. We're currently tied with Atlanta for 4th place in the East. Atlanta has won 4 in a row, 7 of their last 10, and is 14-12.
Detroit has won 5 in a row, 8 of their last 10, (including a big win over Boston) and is 20 - 7.

So we play Atlanta and then back to back games against Detroit! It would be really nice if we could beat Atlanta and split with Detroit. These next three games are going to be tough and are kind of a benchmark for where we stand at the end of the year.

(on a side note, Portland has won 10 in a row. Wow.)

Shade
12-24-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm going to be pissed if we don't at least split with Detroit. I truly believe we can beat them, at least once.

Hicks
12-25-2007, 12:19 AM
You'll be pissed? Disappointed I could see, but pissed? They're the best team in this Conference with easily the longest history (for this core) of winning in this era (East). I just want competitive games, and of course want the wins. But it'd take an embarrassment to make me pissed off from losing to Detroit given our situation.

ECKrueger
12-25-2007, 12:28 AM
You'll be pissed? Disappointed I could see, but pissed? They're the best team in this Conference with easily the longest history (for this core) of winning in this era (East). I just want competitive games, and of course want the wins. But it'd take an embarrassment to make me pissed off from losing to Detroit given our situation.

I'd be pissed too. I HATE the Pistons.

rexnom
12-25-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm going to be pissed if we don't at least split with Detroit. I truly believe we can beat them, at least once.
Hopefully this is the mentality our guys will have too. I'm pretty sure Obie is already there but I really believe that half the struggle is mental. You have to really want them. I just hope that we don't take that game with Atlanta for granted. It's probably more crucial than the Detroit games as of right now.

Trader Joe
12-25-2007, 02:09 AM
Gotta go 2-1.

CableKC
12-25-2007, 04:34 AM
I just hope that we don't take that game with Atlanta for granted. It's probably more crucial than the Detroit games as of right now.
I totally agree here.....although we are tied with the Hawks with 8.5 games behind the Celtics....they have a slightly better winning percentage then us ( .002 % ahead in the standings ).

The Hawks are a VERY GOOD defensive team at home. I'm more concerned that Joe Johnson is gonna light us up. Also....I really hope that JONeal, Foster and Harrison are rested and able to play.....Horford and Josh Smith can run circles around them if they aren't 100% healthy.

sportsmusicxboxpacer
12-25-2007, 10:24 AM
2 - 1 mostly likey
3-0 we want
1-2 we bit shakey (pisSED)
0-3 WE HAVE GIVEN HINT PACERS HAVE GAVE UP ! TO FALL INTO DRAFT LOL MOST UNLIKEY

Unclebuck
12-25-2007, 02:00 PM
The way I look at it- we play the Pistons twice and the Hawks twice over the next 10 days. If we go 2-2 in those games., I'll be satisfied, but the key is winning the other two games during this time , - at Charlotte, and home to the Grizzlies.

So if the Pacers go 4-2 prior to a really tough west coast trip - that would be good

ab2cmiller
12-26-2007, 01:48 PM
As long as we don't have any more games against the Timberwolves anytime soon, we should be fine.

naptownmenace
12-26-2007, 02:46 PM
This is a tough stretch and I'd be happy with a home win against the Pistons and a win on the road tonight against the Hawks.

BTW, Portland has won 11 in a row. Guess who the last team was that beat them? Thats right!

Kstat
12-26-2007, 03:54 PM
BTW, Portland has won 11 in a row. Guess who the last team was that beat them? Thats right!

...You're a Spurs fan now?