PDA

View Full Version : Memories

ROCislandWarrior
06-01-2004, 12:42 AM
I know that we all have those special memories of our Pacers. The ones that were formed when we were younger, but they will stay with us until the day we die. The ones that are special for no apparent reason, they just are. Let this thread be dedicated to sharing those memories, no matter how stupid or goofy they may seem. And let us remember that there are plenty more memories just like these ones...all being hatched everyday in the minds of todays youth.

Here we go...

I don't remember what year it was (I was about 8-10 years old I think), but the Pacers were playing the Knicks in the playoffs. I was so excited because the upcoming game was on NBC (I never got to watch the Pacers play, had to follow them by the newspaper since we didn't have cable.)

I made a few signs with things like "Miller for 3" and "Go Pacers!" written on them. During the game, I sat about a foot away from the TV and held up my signs cheering for the Pacers. During the commercials I would run outside and pretend I was Reggie Miller on my back patio. Since I was using my little brothers mini-hoop I would also pretend I was Rik Smits since I was about as tall as the rim :) . Then I would run back inside as soon as I heard the game come back on TV and resume my position as "the crowd". What a silly little kid I was.

I think I might just have to make a few more signs for game 6. A fans gotta do what a fans gotta do.

Hicks
06-01-2004, 12:47 AM
The most magical moments that come to my mind are Reggie's 3 over MJ, our celebration on the MSG court after we won game 6 of the 2000 ECF, and Reggie's 40 footer and OT dunk in traffic of Game 5 2002 vs the Nets.

ROCislandWarrior
06-01-2004, 12:50 AM
The most magical moments that come to my mind are Reggie's 3 over MJ, our celebration on the MSG court after we won game 6 of the 2000 ECF, and Reggie's 40 footer and OT dunk in traffic of Game 5 2002 vs the Nets.

I'm going to lable those as Common Memories because everyone has them :) .

Oh, and I forgot, this is becoming a very diverse forum...please...if any Pistons fans wish to share theirs, or any fan of a different team...go right ahead.

Bball
06-01-2004, 12:53 AM
My memory is of the Pacers trailing 3-2 in the series and taking game 6 on the road after many had written them off. ....

Oh wait.... that game is Tuesday night....

:D

-Bball

Shade
06-01-2004, 12:55 AM
:cry:

Hicks
06-01-2004, 12:55 AM
My memory is of the Pacers trailing 3-2 in the series and taking game 6 on the road after many had written them off. ....

-Bball

I see you found my time machine ;)

ROCislandWarrior
06-01-2004, 01:05 AM

-Bball

You have a Dolorean??? I have always wanted one of those!

Hicks
06-01-2004, 01:40 AM

-Bball

You have a Dolorean??? I have always wanted one of those!

Indeed. :pimp:

MSA2CF
06-01-2004, 08:49 AM
I don't know what game it was or who it was against, but the image of Dale Davis I'll never forget was when he missed his own free throw, and no one seemed to care that he was running after it, and he grabbed his rebound and either dunked it or layed it back in. That's the lasting image of Dale that I will always have.

Another memory I have, which has nothing to do with the game, is hiking up the parking lot to Market Square Arena. And during halftime, going outside on the roof and overlooking the city, and seeing the new building--Conseco Fieldhouse being born...

MSA2CF
06-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Sorry to take this thread sort of OT, but I'd like to know who all around here was at this game:

http://www.duke.edu/~rcb2/multimedia/1016smts.avi

sweabs
06-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Great sound clip MSA - I only wish...

Fool
06-01-2004, 10:56 AM
I made a few signs with things like "Miller for 3" and "Go Pacers!" written on them. During the game, I sat about a foot away from the TV and held up my signs cheering for the Pacers.

I think I might just have to make a few more signs for game 6. A fans gotta do what a fans gotta do.

I think its cool you made signs even though your weren't at the game. If you are 19 now and make signs, well thats a different matter, but 8-10, thats dedication and enthusiasm that should go rewarded.

MSA2CF
06-01-2004, 10:59 AM
Great sound clip MSA - I only wish...

Is that all you get? You don't get the video with it? :(

sweabs
06-01-2004, 11:52 AM
No I didn't...:(.

ROCislandWarrior
06-01-2004, 12:05 PM
I made a few signs with things like "Miller for 3" and "Go Pacers!" written on them. During the game, I sat about a foot away from the TV and held up my signs cheering for the Pacers.

I think its cool you made signs even though your weren't at the game. If you are 19 now and make signs, well thats a different matter, but 8-10, thats dedication and enthusiasm that should go rewarded.

I should have inserted a sarcasm emoticon for you...but then again, maybe you were being sarcastic :cool:

leon
06-01-2004, 12:19 PM
In the mid 80's I attended a game against the Sixers. The Pacers drew so few fans at the time that you could hear individual fans yelling. Some guy I didn't know sitting next to me decided to heckle Charles Barkley throughout the game. At the time Charles didn't have the reputation of a genial fat guy like he does now. He was known as a bad@ss back then.

After one particular play, the whistle sounded but Barkley went ahead and dunked it anyway. The guy sitting next to me yells "NICE SHOT, CHUCK!!!" Charles glares into the stands right at me like he was going to come up into the stands and break my neck. I quickly pointed to the guy next to me and mouthed "It was him."

ROCislandWarrior
06-01-2004, 12:21 PM
In the mid 80's I attended a game against the Sixers. The Pacers drew so few fans at the time that you could hear individual fans yelling. Some guy I didn't know sitting next to me decided to heckle Charles Barkley throughout the game. At the time Charles didn't have the reputation of a genial fat guy like he does now. He was known as a bad@ss back then.

After one particular play, the whistle sounded but Barkley went ahead and dunked it anyway. The guy sitting next to me yells "NICE SHOT, CHUCK!!!" Charles glares into the stands right at me like he was going to come up into the stands and break my neck. I quickly pointed to the guy next to me and mouthed "It was him."

:rotflmao:

Great Story!