PDA

View Full Version : Throwbacks?

Wu-Gambino
12-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Watching the Detroit/Boston game made me wonder, are we wearing any throwbacks this year? I assume we won't because we introduced the gold uniforms and the gift shop/Pacers might not want to try to promote another jersey especially in a season where attendance is down. Still, I would love to see us where the home Flo-Jos (or even away) as throwbacks (after all the Heat and Bulls are wearing their jerseys from the 90's).

Kstat
12-19-2007, 11:15 PM
I still dont get why they havent brought the flo-jos back.

JayRedd
12-19-2007, 11:36 PM
They'll rock the pinstipes at some point. They always do.

LoneGranger33
12-19-2007, 11:41 PM

Hey, nice win tonight. Perhaps the only time this year I'll be rooting FOR the Pistons, but very smart move by Billups. He must have known about Tony Allen's dunk-after-the-play-is-over-and-get-injured move and figured he would be good for a foul-with-0.1-seconds-left-in-the-game manuever.

Hoop
12-19-2007, 11:48 PM
I've always loved the Flo-Jo's. The pinstripes were cool also.

Kstat
12-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Hey, nice win tonight. Perhaps the only time this year I'll be rooting FOR the Pistons, but very smart move by Billups. He must have known about Tony Allen's dunk-after-the-play-is-over-and-get-injured move and figured he would be good for a foul-with-0.1-seconds-left-in-the-game manuever.

We dealt Tony Allen's draft pick to Boston in the Rasheed Wallace deal, and he just keeps on giving...

aero
12-20-2007, 12:17 AM
I'd love to see us wear the throw backs more. Ive seen at least 2 or 3 Detroit games so far this year where they have wore those white uniforms that say Detroit Pistons on them.

Kstat
12-20-2007, 12:31 AM
I wish we'd wear the 1958 throwbacks more often. They're by far my favorite.

God only knows why we went to the Ft Wayne jerseys or the 1970's silver before trying these.

Wu-Gambino
12-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Kstat, I can't wait until the Pistons bring these beauties back :D
http://www.detroitbadboys.com/images/tealJersey.jpg

Did those jerseys also come in a red/maroon alternate, or did I just imagine this?

Ragnar
12-21-2007, 05:34 PM
I wish we'd wear the 1958 throwbacks more often. They're by far my favorite.

God only knows why we went to the Ft Wayne jerseys or the 1970's silver before trying these.

When did they wear the Fort Wayne jerseys?

Kstat
12-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Kstat, I can't wait until the Pistons bring these beauties back :D
http://www.detroitbadboys.com/images/tealJersey.jpg

Did those jerseys also come in a red/maroon alternate, or did I just imagine this?
Never in NBA history has a jersey design so signified the downfall of a franchise...

And no, you didn't imagine it. They were burgundy, much the same color of red the Cavs wear now.

Kstat
12-21-2007, 06:13 PM
When did they wear the Fort Wayne jerseys?

11 years ago, the 96-97 season. I'm pretty sure we won all of our games in those things.

Oneal07
12-22-2007, 08:48 PM

Yeah man, they need to bring those out of retirement