PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Thread 26 (W): Terrific defense

Doddage
12-19-2007, 10:19 PM
We gave them nothing easy, and forced them to go the line a lot. Quisy for THREESY!

Wu-Gambino
12-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Yes, 2 games above .500!

rabid
12-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh why, oh why, did I not get league pass this year. This is what I get for not having faith.

What do I do... order it now or wait until the price drops to 50? I don't want to wait until the Golden State game to see this team again.

Sounds like another solid win.

esabyrn333
12-19-2007, 10:30 PM
I really like listening to the games on the internet its nice to here indiana radio. Hell, I didn't know Marsh was still open. Kinda makes me home sick.

Young
12-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Watching the game I was just thinking that I would love to see Reggie Evans in a Pacers uniform. Him and Jeff playing at the same time would be interesting to see how much they could dominate the glass.

kester99
12-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Outrebounded 55-39....we shoot 7 of 9 FTs, they shoot 28 of 33....we win by 17.

Very strange numbers produced by this team, this year, sometimes....the 9/21 threes didn't hurt.

BruceLeeroy
12-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Great game tonight. Second quarter on IMO we played one of our best games defensively. Andre and Marquis both did a solid job keeping the Sixers out of the paint and JO was a beast tonight blocking shots. I thought everyone who played contributed on D tonight.

Ya I know it's just the Sixers, but still they were pretty solid.

kester99
12-19-2007, 10:36 PM
'Zo out for as much as 6 months...patella tendon...icky video on ESPN.

pianoman
12-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Good D. Bad O
(Except for Quisey!!!)

BlueNGold
12-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Quis should get more minutes at PG with Rush at SG. That's a solid combination for backups. Their +/- was off the charts for a reason. They not only play good perimeter defense, they also can score.

OnlyPacersLeft
12-19-2007, 10:49 PM
love my league pass now! :-D!
huge win...the block party was on tonight JO with 5!
now we can really go on a run
@ Minn (Should win! minny is horrible this year)
home vs wash. (have to take care of business on the home court!)
@ Atlanta (Another game we should win!)
vs detroit (possible Loss)
@Charlotte (Should win!)

17-18 wins should end the year! WOOOO we'd be right where we need to be! :-D!

aceace
12-19-2007, 10:51 PM
On FSN they have Reggie on "Beyond the Glory"

Unclebuck
12-19-2007, 10:58 PM
YES!! the Pacers defense in the second half was outstanding - just outstanding. And I know many will commend Marquis for his scoring, but don't discount his defense. But overall the team defense in the second half was as good as I've seen all season long - although very good second half defense has started becoming a trend for this Pacers team.

When the Pacers were going through that stretch to start the 4th where they couldn't score, I kept saying, get the ball to Daniels. He's the one guy that can create a shot out of nothing.

Overall a very good win tonight and I loved the defense in the second half.

Suaveness
12-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Buck, I'm confused, did you love the defense?

NorCal_Pacerfan
12-19-2007, 11:05 PM
Great Win! I'm glad we played well, I was a bit worried with JT on the bench. Hope he's not out too long. Harrison was out too, back spasms I think.

Stern and Co are idiots for not televising the Pacers even once this year (nationally).

BTW, NY crushed the Cavs and Detroit beat Boston.

MagicRat
12-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Stern and Co are idiots for not televising the Pacers even once this year (nationally).

One of the games vs. Boston has been added to ESPN's schedule.......

Unclebuck
12-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Buck, I'm confused, did you love the defense?

YES!!!!!!!

Sorry I wasn't clear

I know you are joking

TheDon
12-19-2007, 11:26 PM
One of the funniest things was in the post game show. Our assistant coach O'Neil (spelling?) was saying. "Reb..I love ya...we've been good friends for a long time...but quisey for threesy is cheesy" lmao.

Than they showed a picture of Jermaine watching from the bench and Quis had just hit a three. You see Jermaine roll his eyes, look straight into the camera and say "did you hear that? that's got to go" and then laughed real hard.

That was a fun game, lets keep this rollin. Get well soon Jamaal and hopefully Ike will be back soon enough too. It's just crazy this team IS getting better and they still have many improvements they can make...think about that. I love this team :D

D23
12-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Did anyone see the post-game clip of JO's reaction on the bench to the "Quisy for Threesy" call? That was hilarious. (Dangit.. TheDon beat me to it. The assistant coach was Dan Burke btw). I'm loving the way Rush and Quis played together as well.

Oh and Memphis beat San Antonio tonight too. And Charlotte over Utah! And the Hawks over the Heat (although that's not really an upset anymore this year). Crazy night in the NBA. I love it! :D

NuffSaid
12-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh why, oh why, did I not get league pass this year. This is what I get for not having faith.
Should've listened to we faithful few, my brotha. :D

What do I do... order it now or wait until the price drops to 50? I don't want to wait until the Golden State game to see this team again.
You may want to wait until the All-Star break when you get League Pass at a rock bottom price. Otherwise, paying for 2/3 season ain't too bad if you can't wait.

Sounds like another solid win.
Yes, it was as well as the last three. I think the Pacers have played some pretty good basketball since mid-November starting w/the game against the Jazz, but ever since that game against the Suns on 12/04, they've gotten better and better IMO. So, yeah, you should've gotten NBA-LP much sooner, dude. :D

Oneal07
12-19-2007, 11:37 PM
I expect us to go 4-0 this week. Lotta good games on tonight!!!

I have to get back watching!!!

Great win for the Pacers, Marquis is the man, like I been telling people. And they wanna laugh

JayRedd
12-19-2007, 11:39 PM

Gotta get it now, dude.

Most cable companies let you spread out the cost over like 3 or 4 bills, so it's not amazingly noticeable either way.

And aside from the Pacers, you gotta start watching New Orleans, Boston, Utah and GState. Those are my favorite four non-Pacer teams to watch and plus you always got Nash, Dallas and San Antonio. And with the way LeBron has been playing so far, dude is required viewing.

Step up.

NuffSaid
12-19-2007, 11:40 PM
... Memphis beat San Antonio tonight too. And Charlotte over Utah! And the Hawks over the Heat (although that's not really an upset anymore this year). Crazy night in the NBA. I love it! :D
Don't forget the Pistons beat the golden boys of the East, the Celtics (although part of me wanted the Celtics to win just so the Pacers could close the gap on the Pistons, but I'll take the Pistons beating the Celtics just to prove my point that the Celtics really haven't faced many real challenger to date.)

Unclebuck
12-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Onbe thing that has surprised me is how good Rush's defense is. When he comes into the game, the Pacers defense picks up noticeably. He gets a lot of deflections, and he can contain his own man pretty well. He and Daniels make a vry good backcourt defensive tandem

OnlyPacersLeft
12-19-2007, 11:41 PM
I can feel it...this team is gelling! Who really wants to play a hungry and gunning pacers team in the playoffs!? NO ONE! and if we get homecourt it's on!

LG33
12-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Onbe thing that has surprised me is how good Rush's defense is. When he comes into the game, the Pacers defense picks up noticeably. He gets a lot of deflections, and he can contain his own man pretty well. He and Daniels make a vry good backcourt defensive tandem

I'm not sure about your last point, because I think 'Quis was simply ON after the first half, but I did observe some good defense from Rush - he's not as one-dimensional as I first thought.

We didn't play very well tonight. We beat Philly, but this kind of effort will get us buried in a game against Detroit.

Hoop
12-19-2007, 11:44 PM
I'll bring up the biggest negative in the game, IMO. Granger missed 6 layups (one was blocked, he just flat out blew 5) if I counted them right.

No way am I in the Granger completely sucks camp, like da smash, but I'm getting very tired of him making the same stupid mistakes over and over. He makes me nervous everytime he puts the ball down on the floor lately. It's either a charge, a bad pass or something else negative. His basketball IQ seems to be getting worse as the season goes on. He has the skills to be a much better than he's playing right now.

avoidingtheclowns
12-19-2007, 11:44 PM
stat of the night:

Andre Miller 35:17 - 4ast, 5 TO
Jeff Foster 16:21 - 5ast, 0 TO

Hoop
12-19-2007, 11:46 PM
stat of the night:

Andre Miller 35:17 - 4ast, 5 TO
Jeff Foster 16:21 - 5ast, 0 TO:laugh: That's awesome.

LG33
12-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Gotta get it now, dude.

Most cable companies let you spread out the cost over like 3 or 4 bills, so it's not amazingly noticeable either way.

And aside from the Pacers, you gotta start watching New Orleans, Boston, Utah and GState. Those are my favorite four non-Pacer teams to watch and plus you always got Nash, Dallas and San Antonio. And with the way LeBron has been playing so far, dude is required viewing.

Step up.

I really enjoy watching Memphis games, because I like to watch a young, up-tempo team squander a sizeable lead almost EVERY night. Iavaroni needs to shape up or ship out. And Nate McMillan for COY?

Will Galen
12-19-2007, 11:53 PM
If Danny could hit a layup we would be a pretty good team. How many layups did he miss tonight, 6?

NuffSaid
12-19-2007, 11:54 PM
I noticed this, too. What can I say 'cept some players really do work well together. This other side of this equation might be that Rush finally decided to use other facets of his game and not rely solely on his perimeter shooting to be effective. That's certainly a step in the right direction and just might secure him a spot in the rotation. This team can use all the improved perimeter defense they can get and tonight Rush provided lots of it. I think he had about 4 deflections and at least 2 steals tonight.

LG33
12-20-2007, 12:13 AM
If Danny could hit a layup we would be a pretty good team. How many layups did he miss tonight, 6?

If its not Danny, its somebody else. We need to do a layup drill during timeouts methinks.

Evan_The_Dude
12-20-2007, 12:43 AM
I don't care if Danny misses 20 layups, did you see his defense tonight on Iguodala?

Evan_The_Dude
12-20-2007, 12:56 AM
I just watched the post game press conference with Jim O'Brien. Damn, that dude is a stat machine!

Trader Joe
12-20-2007, 01:02 AM
So is Tinsley gonna miss a lot of time? Or was this a we can win without him so lets give him a rest sort of injury?

Trader Joe
12-20-2007, 01:22 AM
This team could be scary once Ike gets back, and I mean REAL scary.

We SHOULD be 17-12 going into those back to back games with Detroit. We split those with the PIstons and we head into the new year 19-13(assuming we beat Charlotte). I could TOTALLY live with that.

LG33
12-20-2007, 01:26 AM
So is Tinsley gonna miss a lot of time? Or was this a we can win without him so lets give him a rest sort of injury?

I'm really hoping the latter.

TheDon
12-20-2007, 01:30 AM
If we win on friday we move into a tie for 4th with toronto....can't believe Portland right now and to think they're doing it without Oden is even more scary. Roy had a stat line of 29 pts 9rebs 8ast to knock off Toronto.

The Bulls of all people beat the Wizards tonight but tip of the hat to them if we take care of business against the wiz at home we could create some breathing room from them.

Oh and LMAO @ the cavs for getting schooled by the Knicks and helping us breathe a little bit easier within our division.

I severely underestimated Detroit, I didn't expect them to go into Boston and win the way they did. If we can split the back to back game that we have coming up against them later in the month I think is about all we could ask from our team at this point.

It would be really insane if Orlando keeps up their losing ways cause then Pacers could reach potentially as high as 3rd in the east by end of december.

edc
12-20-2007, 07:27 AM
Marquis Daniels (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3764) scored a season-high 26 points off the bench while taking many of Tinsley's minutes. Daniels requested to come off the bench because he's familiar with that role as Tinsley's backup. O'Brien was impressed with Daniels' unselfish move.

"I asked him if he wanted to start, and he said, 'No,'" O'Brien said. "He cares about finishing games, not who starts."

D-BONE
12-20-2007, 09:22 AM
It's and understatement to say I'm extremely pleased with how we've played during the win streak, not to mention where we're at on the season.

And while we do have several winable games coming up, projecting records and ranking, while fun, seems less relevant than the old one game at a time approach.

While we seem to be taking another step in the right direction developmentally, I'm not to a point of confidence where I can look at the schedule and say I expect/assume we'll reel of the next X games.
Still, I share in everyone's enjoyment and desire to see this recent trend of good play continue.

Hope Quis stays healthy and can consistently provide even a modicum of last nights performance as the back-up PG. How long will it take Ike to work his way back into the rotation? Or will he?

Hicks
12-20-2007, 11:15 AM
I watched Jim O'Brien during the pregame show on my recording last night, and he said Ike's out of the rotation for now because he feels he doesn't want a 5 man big rotation, and that he feels JO, Jeff, Troy, and David are playing well.

OakMoses
12-20-2007, 11:25 AM
I've been really surprised that we haven't seen Ike in the 4th quarter of the last two games. We've had insurmountable leads and one would think he might get a little garbage time action. I think there's more of a reason that O'Brien's not playing him. My guess is that he's only about 75-80%. I think he'll play once he's completely healthy, especially when Harrison's hurt.

Sucks to be Diener right now.

I wonder if we'd play defense this well every night if our PG defense was always this strong.

LG33
12-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Sucks to be Diener right now.

No doubt about that. But there's also no doubt, at least in my mind, that he's working hard to get back in the lineup.

Anthem
12-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Marquis Daniels (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3764) scored a season-high 26 points off the bench while taking many of Tinsley's minutes. Daniels requested to come off the bench because he's familiar with that role as Tinsley's backup. O'Brien was impressed with Daniels' unselfish move.
As am I.

Wow.