PDA

View Full Version : Jack Nicholson is a Jack ***

Shade
05-31-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm constantly amazed by him thinking he has the right to jaw with opposing players and coaches the way he does. Flip had to tell him to sit his *** down.

The Lakers and their fans -- above the law. :rolleyes:

Anthem
05-31-2004, 10:01 PM
Spike Lee does it too.

If I'm down on the court at a Pacers game, I sure as heck am going to jaw at the refs, players, coaches, mascots, cheerleaders, whatever. That's what you get for throwing down that kind of money.

Hicks
05-31-2004, 10:02 PM
Should the coaches/refs/players have the right to tell you to sit down if you're in the front row and you have to stand up and either lean over or take step to do it?

BostonConnection
05-31-2004, 10:08 PM
I can't remember the details, but wasn't there a game once (don't remember if it was college or pro) where the ref called a technical on the crowd or someone in the crowd and had a player on the opposing team shoot FTs? :confused:

OTOH, this could be either an urban legend or a sports dream I had one time... ;) :rolleyes: :D

Shade
05-31-2004, 10:19 PM
I can't remember the details, but wasn't there a game once (don't remember if it was college or pro) where the ref called a technical on the crowd or someone in the crowd and had a player on the opposing team shoot FTs? :confused:

OTOH, this could be either an urban legend or a sports dream I had one time... ;) :rolleyes: :D

No, it definitely happened -- I witnessed the game. Alas, I can't remember what game it was, but I do know that it was the team I was rooting for that got hosed by the call. I was in absolute shock over it. It may have even been IU. I'm pretty sure it was a college game.

MSA2CF
06-01-2004, 08:58 AM

I'm not sure either, but I think it happened.

I also remember the refs delaying the game because a fan had a poster of a woman in a swimsuit under the basket while Shaquille O'Neal was trying to shoot a free throw. I guess they thought it was distracting him. :whoknows:

Slick Pinkham
06-01-2004, 09:04 AM

I recall that there was a Miami Heat game where avid fan Jimmy Buffett was enraged by a call, and it made SportsCenter. He might have gotten T'd up, I don't know.

efx
06-01-2004, 09:04 AM
When you pay the kind of money that he has, he can do that. Noone is bothered by it.

Slick Pinkham
06-01-2004, 09:07 AM
Buffett was ejected, but no technical:

http://www.freep.com/sports/othersports/line5_20010205.htm

Fool
06-01-2004, 09:16 AM
If I had coutside seats I would suck up to the refs beyond belief. I figure they are used to getting screamed at by everyone so a fan doing it would have little to no effect. But if you get them feeling good maybe it rubs off on your team a bit (who knows). I'd learn all their names, their likes, try to talk to them at timeouts and delays in the action.

grace
06-01-2004, 05:07 PM
I don't think fans should have seats on the same sideline as the benches. We don't have them at Conseco.