PDA

View Full Version : t kinsey cut by the grizz...trade?

gph
12-18-2007, 09:09 PM
i like kinsey. and he had a nice stretch last year. hard to imagine why the grizz cut such a cheap contract unless they need the space to take back people in a trade. they had a roster spot open even with kinsey, but now are at 13.

i would be a lot more excited about him than owens or graham.

"...he was named the NBA’s Western Conference Rookie of the Month after averaging 18.8 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 2.63 steals last April."

so..what gives?

avoidingtheclowns
12-18-2007, 09:24 PM
i don't think teams usually do this before a trade. they usually do the requisite cutting after the trade occurs.

tdubb03
12-18-2007, 09:26 PM
I don't know if there are some circumstances that led to this or what. But dude can play, cut Sims for the 46time and bring him in.

andreialta
12-18-2007, 09:39 PM
we shud sign him and waive OWENS!!

aero
12-18-2007, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't mind signing him. From the few games I seen of him he wasn't too bad. even if he is a bench warmer he could be useful in practice's for us to improve our D for outside shots.

Anthem
12-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Maybe they didn't like his face? :shrug:

http://www.nba.com/media/act_tarence_kinsey.jpg

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tarence_kinsey/index.html

I wouldn't mind taking him as a project, but I don't really see the need for yet another shooting guard that can't shoot.

Isaac
12-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Kinsey is a very, very poor mans Marquis.

jeffg-body
12-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Maybe it was an attitude issue?

andreialta
12-18-2007, 11:36 PM
wasn't Kinsey known as a KOBE stopper in the latter part of last year?

lol

ive seen him during the pre-season and i think he can play given the right system

he is an upgraded version of Owens with i think a better ball-handling at 6-6 but still not a back-up pg thta we need.

CableKC
12-19-2007, 01:19 AM
We're probably gonna cut Sims soon.....it doesn't necessarily mean we're gonna make a trade anytime soon.

MyFavMartin
12-19-2007, 02:02 AM
Kinsey is a very, very poor mans Marquis.

Injury insurance?

D-BONE
12-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Don't know if he can play much D, but based on what I've seen he can score it and is very quick-something we sorely lack. Our backcourt depth is essentially Tins, Dun, Marquis. I can't say Rush has gotten do a dependable level.

If he can play any semblance of D I'd sign him. In fact, I might do it regardless.

gph
12-19-2007, 02:16 PM
We're probably gonna cut Sims soon.....it doesn't necessarily mean we're gonna make a trade anytime soon.

we just waived sims again, good call on that.

but...yeah...we have a packed roster. memphis has 13 players...so...i dunno.

LG33
12-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Please let it be Darko and Conley for Murphy

MyFavMartin
12-19-2007, 02:34 PM
I was looking at rosters the other days for potential SG that are buried on other's benches and he was one that I checked out.

Others I checked out were
Snyder, Head from Houston
Garcia from Sacramento

Think SAC might bite on a DH for Garcia trade? I'm not sure I would want to give up on the Hulk... still. SAC would love to have some FC help, I'm sure. Miller is soft and Moore is too light in the post.

Of course Almond would have been great, but I'm glad we kept Ike.

JO going to stick around past this year? If not, we could match any offer DH gets... though someone might throw mad money at him, like they did with Miller and Peja... Future S&T?

On a different thought we need to bring Steven Segal in to teach DH some Aikido to help with his footwork. (This would be a hilarious skit on MadTV).

wintermute
12-19-2007, 02:58 PM
memphis just signed jeremy richardson from our very own d-league affiliate the mad ants, which is why they cut kinsey.

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/D-League-Blog/

a bit weird because kinsey is at least somewhat proven as an nba player while richardson couldn't make it on the hawks last season.

Isaac
12-19-2007, 03:21 PM
I actually like Jeremy Richardson, I think he's an NBA player. I watched the first 2 games he played in last year and he looked very smooth and he has a nice touch from outside. Extremely confident player.