PDA

View Full Version : JO backs Zeke

Shade
12-17-2007, 05:19 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2007/12/17/2007-12-17_isiah_thomas_has_supporter_as_pacers_jer.html

Isiah Thomas has supporter as Pacers' Jermaine O'Neal keeps faith
BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Monday, December 17th 2007, 4:00 AM

Jermaine O'Neal blames the Knicks' 7-16 record on the players and not Isiah Thomas, the man responsible for assembling and coaching those players.

"I think the players have to put up a little bit more effort for the coach," O'Neal told the Indianapolis Star. "They have to figure it out because they have a lot of athletes. Isiah is a great coach, but it's up to the players to want to win, too. If the players don't put out the effort they need to put out then it's going to be a tough road for him."

O'Neal's support dates back to the days when Thomas coached him with the Pacers for three years. The two have remained close. In fact, O'Neal's high school coach and mentor, Knicks assistant coach George Glymph, followed Thomas from Indiana to Knicks.

Thomas has tried on several occasions to acquire the power forward, a former All-Star whose play has declined in recent years.

THORNY: Disgruntled forward Malik Rose was a no-show at yesterday's practice. A team spokesman said Rose's vehicle was blocked in by the snow. The rest of the team, however, all made it to the practice facility in Greenburgh.

Rose is seeking a trade and Thomas is trying to accommodate him. There is a possibility that the Knicks will negotiate a buyout with Rose, a tactic Thomas has used with veterans in the past, including Shandon Anderson, Maurice Taylor, Jalen Rose and Jerome Williams. ...

Thomas on the Pacers, who are 12-12 under new coach Jim O'Brien: "They've been great. I think (Jamaal) Tinsley is having an awesome year for them. He's kind of the key to the team the way they are playing. They're moving the ball and he's finding people all over the place and getting everybody good looks."JO...open your eyes, man. Zeke is a master manipulator.

Interesting timing on this article. Looks like someone's trying to supply someone with some bulletin board material for tonight's game.

Arcadian
12-17-2007, 05:28 PM
"I think the players have to put up a little bit more effort for the coach," O'Neal told the Indianapolis Star. "They have to figure it out because they have a lot of athletes. If Isiah is a great coach, it's up to the players to want to win, too. If the players don't put out the effort they need to put out then it's going to be a tough road for him."

I suspect it is another case of JO and the omitted if. At least it makes more sense that way.

Anthem
12-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Zeke, you need this guy. He's perfect for you. And we'll even throw in a second big man with a nice shooting touch. All you need to do is mortgage your future, which you won't have anyway if you don't get Jermaine O'Neal.

:signit:

Shade
12-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Zeke, you need this guy. He's perfect for you. And we'll even throw in a second big man with a nice shooting touch. All you need to do is mortgage your future, which you won't have anyway if you don't get Jermaine O'Neal.

:signit:

If we could deal JO and Troy to the Knicks for their 2008 first-rounder and expiring contracts, I'd be all over that.

JO & Murphy for Marbury, Rose, and NY's 2008 #1 works. We use the pick to get EJ and then Marbury and Rose come off the books at the end of next season. :cloud9:

Hoop
12-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Makes one question JO's thought process or he has complete blind loyalty......... really blind.

MyFavMartin
12-17-2007, 07:49 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2007/12/17/2007-12-17_isiah_thomas_has_supporter_as_pacers_jer.html

JO...open your eyes, man. Zeke is a master manipulator.

Interesting timing on this article. Looks like someone's trying to supply someone with some bulletin board material for tonight's game.

Well, JO states that the Knicks have talent and that they should play hard for Zeke cause he's a great coach.

If you're a Knick and don't think Zeke is a great coach, you think JO calling you out is going to work?

Don't think the any one on that team is proud to be a Knick after the summer events and Zeke throwing Starbury under the bus... Could be you next.

Anthem
12-17-2007, 08:46 PM
If we could deal JO and Troy to the Knicks for their 2008 first-rounder and expiring contracts, I'd be all over that.

JO & Murphy for Marbury, Rose, and NY's 2008 #1 works. We use the pick to get EJ and then Marbury and Rose come off the books at the end of next season. :cloud9:
No, NY wins that. Include Lee and I'd listen, though.

BlueNGold
12-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Is it possible Zeke and Bird could set the egos aside and make a deal?

Shack80
12-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Man I just lost all respect for JO if he thinks Zeke is a great coach. I was just starting to think that this team with JO could make some waves , well I still do and right now are fun to watch with JO again. I will say sign me up for another NYK gives up way to much in a trade bandwagon!

JayRedd
12-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Man I just lost all respect for JO if he thinks Zeke is a great coach.

Yall need to calm down.

Isiah was his mentor back when the dude was just a kid. What's he supposed to do? Not like Isiah anymore because he's not performed fantastically in a situation that has nothing to do with Jermaine?

I'm pretty sure JO knows Isiah isn't lighting the world on fire in NY. He just has too much class and too much respect for a friend/mentor/legend to say so in a newspaper.

And, personally, I respect that integrity a lot.

kester99
12-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Yall need to calm down.

Isiah was his mentor back when the dude was just a kid. What's he supposed to do? Not like Isiah anymore because he's not performed fantastically in a situation that has nothing to do with Jermaine?

I'm pretty sure JO knows Isiah isn't lighting the world on fire in NY. He just has too much class and too much respect for a friend/mentor/legend to say so in a newspaper.

Hear hear.

Shack80
12-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Yall need to calm down.

Calm down? I am not excited, I just think JO is an idiot if he balmes all of NYKs problems on the Players and not the coach. I would respect him not bagging on Isiah, but he is calling others out, that is not integrity.

OnlyPacersLeft
12-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Is it just me...or does isiah thomas seem kind of gay? Him and magic always seem to make me wonder.

FireTheCoach
12-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I love seeing what IT has done for .. errr I mean TO... the Knicks. Damn, I'm glad he's their coach. :D

BlueNGold
12-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Yall need to calm down.

Excellent post. JO has shown a lot of class in recent years and it's understandable he took this position.

If the Knicks could help us out from a salary standpoint and give us sufficient talent, I would send JO to NY to be with his buddy. Everyone could go home happy...

Shack80
12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Is it just me...or does isiah thomas seem kind of gay? Him and magic always seem to make me wonder.

Lol! What? Seems like from what we hear those two guys are players.

BlueNGold
12-17-2007, 10:43 PM

I seriously doubt either are gay. Especially Zeke who I suspect might like the ladies quite a bit....although his taste is apparently questionable if the allegations are factual.

Shack80
12-17-2007, 10:47 PM
The real queston is does it matter and why bring it up? Homophobe much OnlyPacersLeft?

JayRedd
12-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Ummm...yeah. Magic is very, very, very, very, very not gay.

I think you pretty much dispel all possibly rumors when you go on national TV and tell stories about sleeping with six women in a hot tub.

Shade
12-17-2007, 10:59 PM

So, Zeke, Magic, the Brokeback Mountain director, and MagicRat all walk into a bar...

BlueNGold
12-17-2007, 11:12 PM
The title of this thread mixed with the direction of it is concerning...;<)

Naptown_Seth
12-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Yall need to calm down.

Also ditto.

Can't win for losing, like people would applaud JO if he ripped on Isiah. What JO is saying also points right back at himself doesn't it? "It's on the players." He's said that about himself before in fact.

Of course the anti-JO crowd spun that one into "it's all about me" instead.

Naptown_Seth
12-17-2007, 11:44 PM
So, Zeke, Magic, the Brokeback Mountain director, and MagicRat all walk into a bar...
Ang Lee ya b*****d.

What, only gay people know who directed the film? ;)

"So Zeke, Magic, Ang Lee..."
"You mean the Brokeback Mtn director?"
"Oh, you WOULD know that."
"But YOU mentioned him."
"I do that for profiling purposes."

(to paraphrase Talladega Nights :D )

grace
12-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Is it possible Zeke and Bird could set the egos aside and make a deal?

I'd say there is a better chance that I'll be a size 4 before Larry will EVER make a deal with Isiah.