PDA

View Full Version : Your bizarro eastern conference standings as of 12/15/07...

Kstat
12-15-2007, 11:34 PM
If the playoffs started today, Milwaukee and Atlanta would be in, and Chicago, Cleveland and Miami would all be out. :laugh:

tora tora
12-15-2007, 11:36 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=34303

Shade
12-15-2007, 11:38 PM
The playoff matchups would be:

#1 Boston vs. #8 Milwaukee
#2 Detroit vs. #7 Atlanta
#3 Orlando vs. #6 Indiana
#4 Toronto vs. #5 Washington

:crazy:

Oneal07
12-15-2007, 11:42 PM
If the playoffs started today, Philadelphia and Atlanta would be in, and Chicago, Cleveland and Miami would all be out. :laugh:

I thought Pacers were supposed to be at the bottom of the East? :laugh: :buddies:

Young
12-16-2007, 12:06 AM
I don't think it should come as a suprise that the Heat and Cavs would be out. Heck I will be suprised to see the Heat in with their roster. And given the Cavs having some injuries and missing AV until just recently I am not suprised they are out of the playoffs as of today.

Also, not suprised to see Atlanta where they are at. They have ALOT of really nice young talent that has some experience.

Trader Joe
12-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Heat won't make the playoffs.

Isaac
12-16-2007, 01:13 AM
This is a nightmare for David Stern. The biggest markets in the East include Chicago, Miami, Philadelphia and New York. Not only that but LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Vince Carter and Jason Kidd would be sitting at home in May, 4 of the NBAs most marketed stars.

aero
12-16-2007, 01:47 AM
good thing its only December ;)

OnlyPacersLeft
12-16-2007, 02:05 AM
orlando vs indiana!? what a sweet first round matchup that would be! not only would i be able to see 2-3 pacer games in person but also we have a good chance at beating them in a 7 gm series!

cgg
12-16-2007, 02:09 AM
orlando vs indiana!? what a sweet first round matchup that would be! not only would i be able to see 2-3 pacer games in person but also we have a good chance at beating them in a 7 gm series!

Pacers own Florida :-p

Unclebuck
12-16-2007, 09:40 AM
I like our chances against Orlando

Naptown_Seth
12-18-2007, 03:50 AM
I like our chances against Orlando
That would have a tinge of irony given the Stan Van Jeremy situation last summer.

As mentioned though, just December. I think you get a good read on who is in and out at this point, but matchups will shift and you'll see 1-2 teams swapped out.

But I do agree that Miami looks like toast right now. Definitely Chicago is done. Cleveland will get in and then you have to wonder about Atlanta, Millwaukee and Indy. I like the Pacers shot at a mid-seed but they've been inconsistent too which has to worry you a bit. ATL and MIL have similar concerns.

Heck, Philly and NJ are still in it despite their own problems.

How about out West where Houston is out right now and Utah is on the verge of joining them and being replaced by....Portland sans Oden. Go freaking figure.

kester99
12-18-2007, 04:10 AM
We are 4-and-a-half games behind the Detroit Poltroons.

Ambition is not a vice.

MyFavMartin
12-18-2007, 01:43 PM
8 teams within 4 games of each other for the last 5 spots in the East.

It's early... Let's talk about this in 2.5 months.

Cleveland is now 8th.

LG33
12-21-2007, 01:45 PM
If we win tonight, and Seattle finds some way to beat Toronto at home, then guess who the new 4th seed in the East will be. Oh yeah, and Atlanta has to beat Washington.

naptownmenace
12-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Heat won't make the playoffs.

Haha, I called this after they made the Ricky Davis/Mark Blount trade. Now that Zo's out, you can stick a fork in them. He was the only player on the team that consistently played defense.

JayRedd
12-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Haha, I called this after they made the Ricky Davis/Mark Blount trade. Now that Zo's out, you can stick a fork in them. He was the only player on the team that consistently played defense.

I just talked to Udonis Haslem and he was like "Why naptownmenace always gotta be hatin?"

Dwyane is a good defender too. Though I'm sure his battered body isn't getting as up for it as normal.

MyFavMartin
12-21-2007, 03:29 PM

Would the Heat and other teams now view Zo as another expiring contract at about 2.5 mil and trade him as such?

Between Cook, DWade and Wright, the Heat are stocked at SG and could see them doing a trade with a combination of Zo, Cook, Wright, Williams, and Ricky Davis.

Zo, Cook, Williams, Ricky Davis, a 1st rounder for Artest and Bibby?

LG33
12-21-2007, 03:44 PM
I just talked to Udonis Haslem and he was like "Why naptownmenace always gotta be hatin?"

Dwyane is a good defender too. Though I'm sure his battered body isn't getting as up for it as normal.

What a coincidence. I was speaking to my main man Mark Blount earlier today and he was saying Miami was wasting his talents. I told him to chill for a while, see where they go now that Zo is down. Uddy is playing very well, but Blount aint gonna stay quiet no more.

J-Will and Zo for Murphy?