PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Thread 24: Pacers beat Heat in game of lead changes

Doddage
12-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Glad we got this one to get back to .500. Now we just need to find a way to get over the hump and earn a winning record.

In other news, wonder what JO's condition is like after taking those two falls.

Anthem
12-15-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm going to be mad for a while about that ridiculous no-call. Anybody Tivo this? Can we get some YouTube love?

Oneal07
I hate Miami. . . they have the worst record in the East now cause NYK won lol!!! Yeah Baby

Evan_The_Dude
I think J.O. has a mild concussion. He got knocked in the temple by Shaq, and then when he took the charge on the next sequence, his head jarred the floor. I hope he's okay.

pianoman
12-15-2007, 10:26 PM
JO played with heart tonight. You can't say enough about his 4'th quarter performance. nice win

AesopRockOn
12-15-2007, 10:28 PM
NBA.com still has one minute left, lol.

Pretty sloppy game, almost 40 turnovers between the teams. JO brought it on offense and Jeff makes a big play as the Pacers play some keep-away. Definitely an exciting game.

LoneGranger33
12-15-2007, 10:29 PM
JO takes charges like no one else - that's for sure.

I'm just very happy that we survived Dun Dun's worst game of the season. Rush shot well again, and that's a good sign. Despite his inability to pass the ball that well, I think he should have seen the floor to end the game. Guy had some good plays.

Reckoner
12-15-2007, 10:31 PM
JO played with heart tonight. You can't say enough about his 4'th quarter performance. nice win

And he's kept up his post comeback good FG %.

D-BONE
12-15-2007, 10:34 PM
We just can't put a game away with a lead without AT LEAST making it ridiculously dramatic.

I've been tough on JO so I want to give him credit for his play tonight. Felt he got his offensive opportunities more in the flow tonight and his overall effort was great. Hope to see that more often.

Lord Helmet
12-15-2007, 10:34 PM
I think someone has it DVR'd......

We need a some YouTube love!

sportsmusicxboxpacer
12-15-2007, 10:36 PM
why didnt willams play?

kester99
12-15-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm going to be mad for a while about that ridiculous no-call. Anybody Tivo this? Can we get some YouTube love?

I've got the game on dvr...looks to me, after 4 different angles, that shaq was going for a 2-fer, with the head being more the target. And it's definitely JO's neck....tried to keep his head from hitting the floor on the subsequent fall, and strained it again.

As far as you-tubing, I, uh, don't know how to do that.

Hoop
12-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Great win on the road.

I hope JO's OK, That was a monster hit to his head and neck, how the hell it wasn't a flagrant I'll never know.

He could have gotten his neck broke and I'm not exaggerating. Shaq should be suspended a game, just like Horford was. I don't think Shaq did it on purpose though, he has no history of dirty play.

Lord Helmet
12-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Great win on the road.

I hope JO's OK, That was a monster hit to his head and neck, how the hell it wasn't a flagrant I'll never know.

He could have gotten his neck broke and I'm not exaggerating. Shaq should be suspended a game, just like Horford was. I don't think Shaq did it on purpose though, he has no history of dirty play.
I agree, but it doesn't matter if he has no history or not, if something like that happens and if it's intentional or not, it doesn't matter.

why didnt willams play?
I have no idea, to be honest, I didn't even notice. :eek:

Anthem
12-15-2007, 10:39 PM
He could have gotten his neck broke and I'm not exaggerating.
I was actually thinking that, watching the replay. What would happen if an NBA player got his neck broken while playing the game?

Shade
We absolutely OWN the Heat. And I love it. :D

Lord Helmet
Well I can't stream the WIBC Post Game so I have no idea if they have any news on JO.

Unclebuck
12-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Not sure why but I really, really, really wanted the Pacers to win this game tonight.

The question I have is will the home record really improve to match the outstanding road record, or will the road record fall off to match the home record.

That also brings a question to my mond. What is more important the home record or road record. I think the road record tells you more about a team. it tells you about the menta toughness of a team and the ability to come together.

It is strange, bcause just when I think the pacers are ready to start winning some game, they o what they did last night, play well for most ofthe game and then have a stretch where they fall apart.

One thing that is really encouraging is the pacers are 2-0 on the 4th game in 5 nights,that is impressive - also speaks to their mental toughness

circlecitysportsfan
12-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Does anybody else think that wade is one of the most overrated players in the NBA? He has a bad jumpshot, below average ball handling for a guard, travels almost every time he gets the ball. I'm just not impressed with his game.

Unclebuck
12-15-2007, 10:47 PM
why didnt willams play?

Rush has edged out Williams

kester99
12-15-2007, 10:47 PM
why didnt willams play?

Williams played fairly poorly against the cavs and raptors...played ok against the bulls...but didn't really get that much time in the game. He's been fairly inconsistent...scores well one game, then disappears and has lots of fouls the next...coach's decision, I guess.

Anthem
12-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Does anybody else think that wade is one of the most overrated players in the NBA? He has a bad jumpshot, below average ball handling for a guard, travels almost every time he gets the ball. I'm just not impressed with his game.
I'd give any two players on this team for Wade. He's not LeBron, but he's still pretty good.

Oneal07
12-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Just caught the highlights. . .That was a FLAGRANT FOUL. . .WOW, I can't believe that wasn't called one!! WOW.

Oneal07
12-15-2007, 10:55 PM
LOL. . .Pat Riley is MAD.

Anthem
12-15-2007, 10:57 PM
LOL. . .Pat Riley is MAD.
You have the post-game feed? What's he mad about?

Oneal07
12-15-2007, 11:01 PM
You have the post-game feed? What's he mad about?

Just caught some of the interview on NBA TV's gamenight Live. . He's trying to play it off, but you can tell!!!

Anthem
12-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Just read the recap. No mention of Jermaine getting his head removed.

http://www.nba.com/games/20071215/INDMIA/recap.html

27 shot attempts is way too many for Tinsley. He played "normal" in the second half, and we looked MUCH better.

Isaac
12-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Rush has edged out Williams

Which makes no sense to me. Can we please give Shawne most of Troy Murphy's minutes?

Overall, today was a very interesting game. We were very steady the whole way through. We never really got anything rolling very well and we also never really fell off on both ends of the floor as we have done far too often in the losses. Road wins usually are ugly wins though, and this was one of them.

I fully expect this team to get to 20 wins before we get to 15 losses, hopefully we have fallen under .500 for the last time.

rexnom
12-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Which makes no sense to me. Can we please give Shawne most of Troy Murphy's minutes?

Overall, today was a very interesting game. We were very steady the whole way through. We never really got anything rolling very well and we also never really fell off on both ends of the floor as we have done far too often in the losses. Road wins usually are ugly wins though, and this was one of them.

I fully expect this team to get to 20 wins before we get to 15 losses, hopefully we have fallen under .500 for the last time.
Murphy would be PERFECT for this team if he did what he is supposed to do: shoot well and rebound. But he struggles with at least one if not both. So why not give his minutes to a guy who rebounds well (Foster) or shoots well (Williams)?

Isaac
12-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Oh and did anyone notice that Miami was dimming the shot and game clocks off every time a shot went up? I've never noticed that before, that was very strange and it would have kept the officials from being able to tell if a buzzer beater was off in time.

waterjater
12-15-2007, 11:17 PM
We just can't put a game away with a lead without AT LEAST making it ridiculously dramatic.

I've been tough on JO so I want to give him credit for his play tonight. Felt he got his offensive opportunities more in the flow tonight and his overall effort was great. Hope to see that more often.

I'll do the same D-bone. Props to JO tonight and props to the coaching staff for not allowing the one-on-one BS at the end of the game. Much better when 5 players are attacking the other team vs. One!!!

The Shaq take your head off was NO DOUBT a flagrant foul!! Hope he gets severely fined whether or not it was intentional or not. That was a dangerous play and I'm sure JO will be out for at least a couple of games! Shaq's elbows have been registered as a lethal weapon for some time now...and now that he can't jump anymore, he's swinging at the head of players vs. the ball :)

Great win on the road....Dwayne Wade seems to be off......................

Water

Hicks
12-15-2007, 11:41 PM
I was scared to death for Jermaine's health after that flagrant-but-apparently-not foul from Shaq. Whiplash came to mind. Then to have him fall backwards and strain it again taking the charge.... that's just begging for serious injury. I was relieved they finally sent him to the locker room after that second hit. Should have left after the first one.

A good win to have, but this game easily could have slipped away. I just want a winning streak right now.

TheDon
12-16-2007, 12:06 AM
I swear if we don't beat the knicks to go over .500 :suicide:

cgg
12-16-2007, 12:09 AM
I got a picture with Jack Ramsay! yay

kester99
12-16-2007, 12:26 AM
I got a picture with Jack Ramsay! yay

you were shameless about leaning forward to get in the camera frame on the broadcast. WTG!

Isaac
12-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Wait was that you cgg in the Blue jersey sitting behind Ramsay? Because during the interview you definitley did a good job of putting on your blue steel face and leaning forward for the camera.

cgg
12-16-2007, 12:31 AM
you were shameless about leaning forward to get in the camera frame on the broadcast. WTG!

LOL! I was actually just trying to hear what they were talking about!!! Something about Shaq not being 100%? I think they had a sunsports interview and then an FSN midwest interview. Anyone have a video? =D

cgg
12-16-2007, 01:11 AM
LOL! I was actually just trying to hear what they were talking about!!! Something about Shaq not being 100%? I think they had a sunsports interview and then an FSN midwest interview. Anyone have a video? =D

BTW, Jack Ramsay and Jack McKinney were upset when Tinsley took a shot with 10 seconds left on the shotclock with about a minute left.

cgg
12-16-2007, 01:11 AM
BTW, Jack Ramsay and Jack McKinney were upset when Tinsley took a shot with 10 seconds left on the shotclock with about a minute left..

And they were DEFINITELY rooting for the Pacers.

Peck
12-16-2007, 02:15 AM
Ok guys the Troy Murphy hating is now just getting stupid.

Yes, we all know he is not the best defender on the planet. But for God's sake how anybody can look at that game and say that Troy Murphy sucked is beyond me.

I thought he played defense quite well against the Heat to be honest with you.

I'm not saying we should all stand up and give three cheers for Troy but after the Troy Murphy is useless thread and now I come on here and see this, I have to ask is there anything the guy can do for some of you to at least get off of his back?

I know someone is going to say "but what about you & J.O."

Hey, J.O. was outstanding in this game. I love it when he is part of a system and is playing just enough min. so that everybody gets a chance to play.

I don't even have a gripe with his offense from this game becuse not once did I feel like it was everybody stand back and watch J.O. Of course the argument to that would be that nobody got a chance to do that because they all had to stand and watch Jamaal....

Sorry, I know the coaching staff was with him on that but I just can't stand seeing him (or almost anybody for that matter) take that many shots. I just feel like it stagnates the team.

One last thing, we now have had one solid month of good basketball from David Harrison.

This is going to have to be discussed in detail in the near future.

Overall, good menatally tough win for the club.

Arcadian
12-16-2007, 02:44 AM
If you don't call JO a warrior and give him dancing fruit after getting hit like that, making two free throws and then taking a charge you are a JO hater. ;)

27 shots is too many for any player not named Wilt.

rexnom
12-16-2007, 02:55 AM

Yes, we all know he is not the best defender on the planet. But for God's sake how anybody can look at that game and say that Troy Murphy sucked is beyond me.

I thought he played defense quite well against the Heat to be honest with you.

I'm not saying we should all stand up and give three cheers for Troy but after the Troy Murphy is useless thread and now I come on here and see this, I have to ask is there anything the guy can do for some of you to at least get off of his back?

I know someone is going to say "but what about you & J.O."

Hey, J.O. was outstanding in this game. I love it when he is part of a system and is playing just enough min. so that everybody gets a chance to play.

I don't even have a gripe with his offense from this game becuse not once did I feel like it was everybody stand back and watch J.O. Of course the argument to that would be that nobody got a chance to do that because they all had to stand and watch Jamaal....

Sorry, I know the coaching staff was with him on that but I just can't stand seeing him (or almost anybody for that matter) take that many shots. I just feel like it stagnates the team.

One last thing, we now have had one solid month of good basketball from David Harrison.

This is going to have to be discussed in detail in the near future.

Overall, good menatally tough win for the club.
I actually like Troy as a player. I do. But why is he taking all of those shots if he rarely makes them? JT shoots terribly, we know this. But he isn't going around making claims that he is a shooter or anything of that sort. I just wish he could make more of those open 3s since he is, after all, supposed to be a shooter.

cgg
12-16-2007, 03:50 AM
Wait was that you cgg in the Blue jersey sitting behind Ramsay? Because during the interview you definitley did a good job of putting on your blue steel face and leaning forward for the camera.

Yep it was me. And I was LISTENING!!!!!!! :-P

Isaac
12-16-2007, 03:53 AM
Troy's shooting touch will return. He did actually play very well against Miami today, despite shooting poorly again. He blocked Shaq in the 4th from behind that was actually a huge momentum changing play.

I just think Shawne Williams needs minutes. I can't really figure out why he's barely seen the court in the last 2 games.

TheDon
12-16-2007, 07:09 AM
I didn't get to see the Heat game so I couldn't comment on how good or bad Murphy did. I can admit the troy murphy is worthless thread was a teensy bit over the top but I honestly have held back until that point my opinion. He's good at shooting the 3 pointers but when those aren't falling what other aspect does he bring to the team that is deserving of 30+ minutes a night? It just frustrates me when people get mad at Jermaine and start pointing fingers at him for reasons we lost when we have murphy who usually doesn't do that well himself.

Shawne is getting buried and not getting the chance to develop that he needs when thus far into the season he has been wildly inconsistent which is expected for someone that's only their 2nd year into the league. I just wish JOB would yank Troy off the court once his FG% dips below 25% and give shawne the opportunity to make some shots and develop his game.

Unclebuck
12-16-2007, 08:09 AM
I swear if we don't beat the knicks to go over .500 :suicide:

The scary thing about the Knicks is they are very talented - Curry and Randolph inside are tough to stop and they have guard talent also. The Knicks seem to play one good game a week, (like last night) I justhope Monday isn't there one for this week.

Elgin56
12-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Troy does rebound and he stays out of gunfights.:p

jeffg-body
12-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Come on now with the Troy hating, I know he has struggled with his shot lately. JOB must see something in him to keep him in the game. Even if he is missing, he keeps the lane of JO open with the threat of being wide open for a three. That could not be said for Foster.

OakMoses
12-16-2007, 09:27 AM
A good win, but we could have won by a lot more.

-Observations:

- You could offer any two players on the Pacers, and Miami still wouldn't even consider trading us Wade

- I know some people don't like the stat, but Troy Murphy's +/- last night was +18. Pretty good for a 3 point game.

- I know Miami's PG defense is terrible, but so is 10-27 with only 6 assists, 5 TOs, and 3 shots blocked.

- Do we lead the league in blocks against? If not we must be close.

- I don't think Foster is anywhere close to 100%.

- Rush should have played more in the 2nd half. He was great in the 1st. I think O'Brien will not ever play Danny and Kareem together.

- Props to JO's offensive play and guts, but he's got to start rebounding better. 27 rebounds over the last 5 games.

The schedule gets a little easier for a while. Hopefully we can get a couple games above .500.

BoomBaby33
12-16-2007, 01:08 PM
The scary thing about the Knicks is they are very talented - Curry and Randolph inside are tough to stop and they have guard talent also. The Knicks seem to play one good game a week, (like last night) I justhope Monday isn't there one for this week.

The question about the Knicks is can they run with us though. I don't think so. I think Curry and Randolf will tire quickly if we can keep the tempo up. Gotta watch out for Jamal Crawford's outside shot. If he gets it going, he could have a career night. We tend to give up a lot of easy 3 point baskets and if they are hitting them we could be in a world of hurt. I look for us to win though.

Great win again against a formiddable opponent on the road, despite their record. Thank God Daequan Cook cooled off in the forth quarter. He was killing us.

Go Pacers!!! Lets get on the positive side of .500!!!

JayRedd
12-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Does anybody else think that wade is one of the most overrated players in the NBA?

Not at all.

He has a bad jumpshot,

You're nuts.

below average ball handling for a guard

You're ****ing nuts.

travels almost every time he gets the ball.

So does the rest of the League.

I'm just not impressed with his game.

Okay.

rexnom
12-16-2007, 04:44 PM
I especially disliked it every time Wade blew by one of our defenders, tripped and still hit a circus shot. That sucked.

Anthem
12-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Ok Peck I'll give you this.

I've been too harsh on Murphy. He has more skill than I expected, and he's shown some things this year that either I didn't see last year or I forgot. If he would just never try to shoot the three, I'd be fine with him on O in the frontcourt. He's got decent hands and is clever with the basketball in the paint. He's shown a nice reverse and even English a couple times.

If he'd just remember that he's a big man and not a shooting guard I could almost like the guy.

rexnom
12-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Ok Peck I'll give you this.

I've been too harsh on Murphy. He has more skill than I expected, and he's shown some things this year that either I didn't see last year or I forgot. If he would just never try to shoot the three, I'd be fine with him on O in the frontcourt. He's got decent hands and is clever with the basketball in the paint. He's shown a nice reverse and even English a couple times.

If he'd just remember that he's a big man and not a shooting guard I could almost like the guy.
Thank you. I wish he'd shoot it as often as Brad Miller did.

Anthem
12-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Thank you. I wish he'd shoot it as often as Brad Miller did.
Right. I'm all for having range, but I don't want big men depending on it. Jermaine did well last night, but in general I don't like some of the shots he took. But they're workable shots for a big man... you can do that and still protect the paint, rebound the ball, etc. I don't see why a F-C should be trying to score from outside the arc.