PDA

View Full Version : Post game

indygeezer
12-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Sorry, I missed the second half..............

You're kidding right? Jo had 1 freaking board? ONE!??!?!?!?!?

granger33
12-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Positives:

Granger played unlike he has the past week..good game for danny.

Tinsley contuinues his great streak, another double double.

Negatives:

JO rebounds

4th quater effort.

Refs

oh and Murphy...

Oneal07
12-14-2007, 10:33 PM
He was also in foul trouble. The Refs made some dumbass calls in the 4th quarter and Murphy kept on Jacking and Missing. We had this game won, until Kapono hit all them fluke shots.

The Refs were HORRIBLE. How can they change the score during the game? 5 minutes later your calling that a 3?when in fact it was a 2. Whateva. My cousin callin me talking about, Raptors didn't have a lot of calls go their way LOL, r u kidding me. But I can't blame the refs tho. But I will

Refs didn't make calls, that's how Raptors got back in the game. JO was slapped up and tripped up, No Calls, Dunleavy's Layup was an obvious goaltend, No Call. Either way, Good win for the Raptors, Both my favorite teams, I just hate referees

LG33
12-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Game summary: Upsetting.

TheDon
12-14-2007, 10:47 PM
How does someone play 34 minutes and only score 3pts? Better yet Dave shoots 50% gets a block, 3 rebounds and only gets 10 minutes. This loss is just as much on O'Brian for lettin that happen as much as it is Murphy for being a fat nondefense playin piece of garbage. Maybe I should go down there and ask larry to pay me 9 million this year and I can just park myself behind the 3 point line play 30+ minutes a night I bet I shoot a better percentage.

heywoode
12-14-2007, 10:48 PM
That game sucked ***.

VERY disappointing loss, but at least I can rest with the fact that Toronto just beat Dallas soundly before they came to Conseco......

Delfino probably won't hit another three the rest of the season.

odeez
12-14-2007, 10:51 PM
I am wondering if this team is ever going to turn the corner, or is this our season, 500 ball. The effort in the fourth was horrible. The team knows Toronto is going to shoot the three. It is just frustrating to see them give the game away.

Anthem
12-14-2007, 10:53 PM
You're kidding right? Jo had 1 freaking board? ONE!??!?!?!?!?
I find that hard to believe.

OnlyPacersLeft
12-14-2007, 10:58 PM
what a joke...the refs sucked down the stretch. And wow we blew a 17 pt lead! Should have kept attacking which we didn't...LOL@JO and Tinsley clapping after jamaal got fouled during the final minute of the game. Tins was clapping but i saw JO clapping aswell...surprised they didn't T up JO..lol
uhg very frustrating!

Trader Joe
12-14-2007, 10:59 PM
No JO had only one rebound.

aero
12-14-2007, 11:10 PM
I think the pacers were still in the locker room from halftime after the 3rd quarter....

Aw Heck
12-14-2007, 11:20 PM
We're a .500 team, folks. Get used to this, because it'll probably be this way all season. I don't imagine the team will get more than 4 games over .500 all season.

Part of it is that the team is so inconsistent and lives and dies by if the jumpshots are falling or not. There's no defense to fall back on. We send other teams to the foul more than we get to the foul line.

D-BONE
12-14-2007, 11:24 PM
This is at least the third time I've said this, but they continue to do it. From about the 5 minute mark to the end, our offense turned into JT and JO isolation one-on-one B.S.

I realize we'd gone cold and I know at some points they wanted to exploit JO on Humphries, but when you supposedly play a team-oriented offense, gotta maintain. No ball or player movement once we got into isoball.

Refs weren't great, but they can't be mentioned as a reason for the loss. 19-0 run is squarely on us.

Oh yeah, JO was outplayed by Kris Humphries tonight.

sweabs
12-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Delfino probably won't hit another three the rest of the season.
It's crazy, but his shot has been on this season. He's been hitting the 3 regularly. And I know, it never used to be a big part of his game.

As for Humphries, it was the very first thing I posted in the game thread. He's just been a beast as of late, filling in for Andrea Bargnani who is still nursing an injury.

D-BONE
12-14-2007, 11:34 PM
It's crazy, but his shot has been on this season. He's been hitting the 3 regularly. And I know, it never used to be a big part of his game.

As for Humphries, it was the very first thing I posted in the game thread. He's just been a beast as of late, filling in for Andrea Bargnani who is still nursing an injury.

Yes, I've noticed the tear Humphries has been on recently. I'm just pointing out the reality that I don't think we can really expect JO to have too many mismatches against anyone anymore. Personally, I would be happy if we didn't throw him the ball in the post anymore at crunch time. He is no longer (if he ever was) a go to guy.

Evan_The_Dude
12-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Well... at least Tinsley is continuing to shoot the ball well. Not that it matters if we can't turn the .500 corner.

Unclebuck
12-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Wheneve a team has a big lead and ends losing, I never look to the end of the game, I go back to the point where the losing team had their biggest lead.

Pacers had a 17point lead with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Grangr is going in for a layup, Bosh mov into him and the refs call Granger for a charge. It should have huge foul on Bosh and Granger have had a 3 point play giving the pacers a 20 point lead.

It waat that point where the rapotors ot 4 straight point plays. Two and ones for Bosh and two three point shots for he Raptors. Pacers starting jacking around - acting like they have a 30 point lead.

Pacers need a backup point guard NOW

McKeyFan
12-15-2007, 12:18 AM
This is at least the third time I've said this, but they continue to do it. From about the 5 minute mark to the end, our offense turned into JT and JO isolation one-on-one B.S.

Yep.

Gotta do better.

Tins just didn't seem focused tonight at the end.

This is why I'd trade Tins for someone like Heinrich in a heartbeat. Others might scoff, but I just don't find Tins emotionally reliable. He's fun, but I am yet to feel like I can depend on him.

But that's better than JO. JO doesn't even excite me enough to disappoint me sometimes.

Lord Helmet
12-15-2007, 12:20 AM
We'll be grabbing a win tomorrow night. Eventually we'll go on a run.

NapTonius Monk
12-15-2007, 12:22 AM
That is unless SHAQ finds the fountain of youth to be painted blue and gold. By the way...who drew the defensive assignment on Jason Kapono?

Lord Helmet
12-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Our attendance continues to sadden me. Before everyone has to tell me the 5,000 reasons it's bad, I have already heard it. I'm just saddened by it, that's all.

I hope for the team's sake they can get a really nice run soon, and make some noise in the playoffs.

It's just a damn shame all the stuff that's turned this franchise back 10 years. It still stings. This year has brought hope and I still believe the season will be a success and we will make the playoffs and put ourselves in a position to get out of the first round, but I'm just longing for the old late 90's early 2000's Reggie days that are long gone, I miss the Knicks rivalry and I miss the NBC on NBC, I miss 90's NBA and I'm 17.

BoomBaby33
12-15-2007, 12:32 AM
what a joke...the refs sucked down the stretch. And wow we blew a 17 pt lead! Should have kept attacking which we didn't...LOL@JO and Tinsley clapping after jamaal got fouled during the final minute of the game. Tins was clapping but i saw JO clapping aswell...surprised they didn't T up JO..lol
uhg very frustrating!

The real problem was us NOT defending the three. We helped, (like we should), but its like QB keeps reiterating on the broadcast, you gotta know who the shooters are and stay with them, but help off of the other players. Make those guys like Kapono, Calderon, and Delfino beat you off the dribble. Then help in the low post if you have to.

I know the tendency on Obie's defense is collapse and help in the paint, and make them beat you with the 3, but some teams you have to change your philosophy a bit. Toronto is one of those teams.

They just gotta learn from this one. Move on to tomorrow night and play hard. Well at least Miami doesn't have Kapono anymore! :rolleyes:

Another point I'd like to make is: why did Shawne Williams see so few minutes. He has been playing really well, and now Rush has one good game, and he steals 75% of Shawne's minutes. Shawne comes in in the second half and is cold as ice, and out of rythem IMO.

One game at a time. Focus on tomorrow night and get better.

Anthem
12-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Another point I'd like to make is: why did Shawne Williams see so few minutes. He has been playing really well, and now Rush has one good game, and he steals 75% of Shawne's minutes. Shawne comes in in the second half and is cold as ice, and out of rythem IMO.
I don't have a problem with Rush's minutes, although his +/- was terrible. Shawne should have been in for Murphy. Or David should have.

Lord Helmet
12-15-2007, 01:15 AM
I don't have a problem with Rush's minutes, although his +/- was terrible. Shawne should have been in for Murphy. Or David should have.
That stat as a whole is terrible.

BoomBaby33
12-15-2007, 01:21 AM

Agreed, although the +/- debate could go on forever. I personally am not too attached to that stat because IMO its really more of a function of who are the other 4 players in the game with you.

But yeah, you could kind of tell the chemistry wasn't as cohesive when Rush was out there tonight.

TheDon
12-15-2007, 01:50 AM
you could kind of tell the chemistry wasn't as cohesive when Rush was out there tonight.

I think it might be because he really hasn't been getting the minutes so some of that is the team getting use to playing with him on the floor.

I really think Jim is loyal somewhat to a fault he'll put guys out on the floor and leave them out there cause he really wants to see them succeed even when they're failing miserably. It's like he's trying to put the square object in a circular hole and when he finally gets it jammed through the hole he's like "see? told ya it'd go through" and we as fans are happy cause it worked no matter what the consequences of the methodology might be.

DisapointedPacerFan
12-15-2007, 02:11 AM
Rush, like Danny, is inconsistent. But Rush seems to have it worse. He came out with that 22 point game not too long ago but other than that, he hasn't made big noise at all. Has bad FG% too I believe. Shawne played very little tonight..why didn't JOB play him longer?? He's averaging 9+ PPG and is having a great season so far. They are starting to play him at PF as well. I remember a starting lineup of Tinsel-Dun-Grange-Williams-O'Nizzy against the Nuggetts (i think) since they had a small lineup. But yea, he needs to play more.

waterjater
12-15-2007, 02:15 AM

I realize we'd gone cold and I know at some points they wanted to exploit JO on Humphries, but when you supposedly play a team-oriented offense, gotta maintain. No ball or player movement once we got into isoball.

Refs weren't great, but they can't be mentioned as a reason for the loss. 19-0 run is squarely on us.

Oh yeah, JO was outplayed by Kris Humphries tonight.

This is the heart of the issue and seems to happen each time we blow a lead. JT/JO isolation one-on-one B.S. doesn't work.

Refs were what they typically are. They are there to keep games close and this is precisely why no lead is ever safe and rarely is a deficit too far to overcome. This is why you can't go one-on-one with a lead...you WON"T get a call- WON'T (except for Michael J in the past and Kobe/Lebron/Dwayne these days)!! Move the ball and make the open shot....this is how to sustain or grow a lead...it is hard for the refs to take the ball out of the hoop.

Water

CableKC
12-15-2007, 03:35 AM
Can someone explain to me why Marquis, Foster and Harrison were playing limited minutes?

I am guessing that they were nursing injuries in some way?

I can't wait till Foster, Harrison, Ike and Marquis are healthy.....Rush and Murphy IMHO are more like situational / "break in case of extreme cases of emergency" type players. I don't think that they should be used to ever maintain a lead.

BTW...0-18 stretches is why we need players like Marquis, Harrison, Ike, ( and to a lesser degree ) Tinsley, JONeal, Dunleavy and Granger..........we don't need to have players take 3pt shots ( unless they are absolutely wide-open )......we just need players that are good at taking high-percentage shots to maintain a lead while playing decent defense.

Will Galen
12-15-2007, 06:48 AM
Pacers need a backup point guard NOW

I've advocated Williams for Conley for a while now. Memphis is hardly using Mike. Both players would be traded to their home towns.

indygeezer
12-15-2007, 08:03 AM
For those saying we stand around too much in the final 5 minutes, your perception was verified in yesterday's (I think) Star. Obie said that we are a running team until the last 3 minutes and then we slow it down. I'm not sure why this is and I hate it, but that's what he said.

I think it was the same article that said we are a very confident team now...confident that no lead is too big for us to overcome. The reporter also said that JO just grinned when he commneted that no lead was too large for us to keep either. How prophetic was THAT???

Unclebuck
12-15-2007, 09:30 AM
For those saying we stand around too much in the final 5 minutes, your perception was verified in yesterday's (I think) Star. Obie said that we are a running team until the last 3 minutes and then we slow it down. I'm not sure why this is and I hate it, but that's what he said.

I think it was the same article that said we are a very confident team now...confident that no lead is too big for us to overcome. The reporter also said that JO just grinned when he commneted that no lead was too large for us to keep either. How prophetic was THAT???

NO, No, NO.

Only if the Pacers have big lead will they slow it down in the last couple of minutes on purprose anyways.

A note on the attendance. Te lack of fans in the seats is IMO the biggest reason why the Pacers have a beter road record than home right now.

D-BONE
12-15-2007, 09:35 AM
NO, No, NO.

Only if the Pacers have big lead will they slow it down in the last couple of minutes

Only when they have a big lead are they supposed to slow it down in the last minutes. By that point last night they were down but they definitely slowed it down. Or maybe bogged it down is a better word.

Only possession I remember that was acceptable was a wing 3 for Dun off baseline screen coming out of a timeout. Of course, he clanked it short of the iron. Everything else was ISO central with everyone but JT and JO looking as if they knew they wouldn't be involved.

Unclebuck
12-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Last night, yes things got bogged down, plus when the other team scos almost everytime down - it makes it harder to run and when the other team starts bombing threes like that - itsort of makes the other team dazed and confused - and tha is exactly what happened.

Ragnar
12-15-2007, 11:04 AM
why do the raptors always beat us in December.

indygeezer
12-15-2007, 11:08 AM
NO, No, NO.

Only if the Pacers have big lead will they slow it down in the last couple of minutes on purprose anyways.

A note on the attendance. Te lack of fans in the seats is IMO the biggest reason why the Pacers have a beter road record than home right now.

Oh yeah, there's that.

owl
12-15-2007, 11:23 AM
It seems to me when a team starts a run like that you must do everything to disrupt the
momentum and if that means temporarily altering the defense you do it.

The booing was very obvious on the radio also.

BlueNGold
12-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Last night was a lesson why you win games with good shooting. The Raptors are #1 in 3pt shooting in the league. They live and die by that shot and...you know who died.

Our problem is really defense. We try to defend, but we foul a lot...#1 in the league. That tends to put the other team at the line and force changes in the rotation. But the fact it leaves players like Jason Kapono open is the worst thing. Kapono should always have someone glued to him...but our defense may not be designed to work that way...

D-BONE
12-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Last night was a lesson why you win games with good shooting. The Raptors are #1 in 3pt shooting in the league. They live and die by that shot and...you know who died.

Our problem is really defense. We try to defend, but we foul a lot...#1 in the league. That tends to put the other team at the line and force changes in the rotation. But the fact it leaves players like Jason Kapono open is the worst thing. Kapono should always have someone glued to him...but our defense may not be designed to work that way...

Definitely the best way to preempt Kapono blowing up like last night. He got a good deal of open looks, although I did think he also threw in some pretty tough ones, too. He was just in a zone.

I thought especially when he first started heating up via the more open looks, he got several off cross court passes not unlike what Pavlovic was able to do in the home loss to Cleveland. A key ingredient for that against the Cavs was our shading heavily to LeBron in team defense and yet still having difficulty controlling his penetration.

Simlarly yesterday it seemed like Tinsley really struggled to control Calderon during their run. They broke us down running that high P-N-R with Humphries over and over. In some cases Calderon took it deep on the dribble. Others the P-N-R seemed to get our entire D alignment out of whack and a quick pass would start our demise. Combo threat of Calderon's penetration plus their multiple 3 point threats I suppose.

Kofi
12-15-2007, 12:24 PM
This team will continue to be mediocre until Jermaine O'Neal pulls his head out of his *** and stops playing like a scrub. He was outrebounded 16 to 1 last night! He doesn't even appear to try to rebound anymore. He has to go, we're simply better without him, his non-existent rebounding, and his terrible offensive game.

It's a shame really. Jamaal, Mike, and Danny are all three having their breakout seasons and it's all for naught because J.O. has regressed to the point he's one of the worst starting power forwards in the NBA.

As of right now Jamaal and Mike are clearly our two best players, with Danny a distant third. J.O. isn't even in the top 5.

I'm also slightly sickened that Kareem Rush has surpassed Shawne Williams on the depth chart. Hopefully it's just a move to motivate Shawne, because if it's not than one of the biggest parts of our future is being overlooked in favor of a career journeyman.

NapTonius Monk
12-15-2007, 02:38 PM
It's a shame really. Jamaal, Mike, and Danny are all three having their breakout seasons and it's all for naught because J.O. has regressed to the point he's one of the worst starting power forwards in the NBA.

WOW!:eek::eek::eek: That's a bit harsh isn't it? Once he gets back to form, he's fine. By fine, though, I don't mean he's a franchise player. But I wouldn't go so far as to call him one of the worst 4's playing right now. To be sure, injuries have taken their toll, but I don't think JO is a total detriment to the team's framework.

odeez
12-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Bad game last night. Today we must beat the Heat. My feeling going forward is that we are going to need to get together our perimeter defense. Either through a trade or through the current team refocusing on it. Getting beat like we did last night is just embarrassing.

LG33
12-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Anyone confident enough to say that we will definitely go over .500 at some point in the next too weeks?

I was feeling pretty good about it until last night's fiasco.

(We play Miami, the Knicks, 76ers, then the Wiz, Atlanta, and top it off with a two-game, back-to-back series with the Pistons)

OnlyPacersLeft
12-15-2007, 05:46 PM
anyone got a shot of jamaal or JO clapping? it's going to be my new sig! LOL

TheDon
12-15-2007, 05:57 PM
J.O. has regressed to the point he's one of the worst starting power forwards in the NBA..

Really JO is?? Can't think of any certain 6'11'' PF that shoot 11% and score 3 points in 34 minutes of play? Can't guard anyone?

kester99
12-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Anyone confident enough to say that we will definitely go over .500 at some point in the next too weeks?

I was feeling pretty good about it until last night's fiasco.

(We play Miami, the Knicks, 76ers, then the Wiz, Atlanta, and top it off with a two-game, back-to-back series with the Pistons)

15-15 or 16-14 at the end of that stretch.

P.S. About Murphy. He didn't score worth a darn last night, and he has poor lateral movement, but he gets the 2nd most rebounds/minute on the team, and has the 2nd fewest turnovers of any of our regular rotation (after Foster), and averages scoring double figures. He's not Superman. He's kind of average.

A CHART: Total points vs FGAs
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=133 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 54pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2633" width=72><COL style="WIDTH: 46pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2230" width=61><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 100pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffcc00; mso-ignore: colspan" width=133 colSpan=2 height=18>Total Points / FGA</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Granger</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.2709677419354839">1.271</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" height=18>Dunleavy</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.341296928327645">1.341</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>O'Neal</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.0932203389830508">1.093</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" height=18>Tinsley</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.0854430379746836">1.085</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Murphy</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.1746987951807228">1.175</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" height=18>Foster</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.2222222222222223">1.222</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Williams</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.2928571428571429">1.293</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" height=18>Daniels</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.2013888888888888">1.201</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Rush</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="0.95652173913043481">0.957</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" height=18>Diogu</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.4642857142857142">1.464</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Diener</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="0.8214285714285714">0.821</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" height=18>Harrison</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.3292682926829269">1.329</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Owens</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.0909090909090908">1.091</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" height=18>Graham</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.8333333333333333">1.833</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Sims</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num>0.000</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffcc00" height=18>Team</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffcc00" x:num="1.1946946946946948">1.195</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PPS. The sky is not falling.

TheDon
12-16-2007, 02:58 AM
About Murphy. He's kind of average.

If 1-9 is average I really don't wanna see below average. Saying troy murphy is average is like saying Godzilla is just a tiny lizard.

BlueNGold
12-16-2007, 02:49 PM
If 1-9 is average I really don't wanna see below average. Saying troy murphy is average is like saying Godzilla is just a tiny lizard.

Like the analogy, but it would be like calling a tiny lizard Godzilla.

Troy Murphy is only average when your talking about the 5 players holding towels and sitting at the end of the bench.

McKeyFan
12-17-2007, 12:55 AM

P.S. About Murphy. He didn't score worth a darn last night, and he has poor lateral movement, but he gets the 2nd most rebounds/minute on the team, and has the 2nd fewest turnovers of any of our regular rotation (after Foster), and averages scoring double figures. He's not Superman. He's kind of average.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=133 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 54pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2633" width=72><COL style="WIDTH: 46pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2230" width=61><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 100pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffcc00; mso-ignore: colspan" width=133 colSpan=2 height=18>Total Points / FGA</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Granger</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.2709677419354839">1.271</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" height=18>Dunleavy</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.341296928327645">1.341</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>O'Neal</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.0932203389830508">1.093</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" height=18>Tinsley</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.0854430379746836">1.085</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Murphy</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.1746987951807228">1.175</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" height=18>Foster</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.2222222222222223">1.222</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Williams</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.2928571428571429">1.293</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" height=18>Daniels</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.2013888888888888">1.201</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Rush</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="0.95652173913043481">0.957</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" height=18>Diogu</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.4642857142857142">1.464</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Diener</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="0.8214285714285714">0.821</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" height=18>Harrison</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.3292682926829269">1.329</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Owens</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.0909090909090908">1.091</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: silver" height=18>Graham</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num="1.8333333333333333">1.833</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=18>Sims</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" x:num>0.000</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 13.5pt" height=18><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ebf3f2; BORDER-LEFT: #ebf3f2; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; HEIGHT: 13.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffcc00" height=18>Team</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebf3f2; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffcc00" x:num="1.1946946946946948">1.195</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wow. Ike looks pretty good on that chart.

Hope he can return soon.

BlueNGold
12-17-2007, 07:46 PM

PPS. The sky is not falling.

I have always liked the points per attempt stat. I think it tells a whole lot about efficiency and whether a player plays within his abiliities.

Any player below about 1.2 is not tremendously efficient. However, that's not the whole picture. There's defense, ball handling, shot blocking, taking charges, passing, rebounding among other things...so the stat only shows a very narrow truth. That said, it is still important information.