PDA

View Full Version : Primoz Brezec is a PISTON!

Kstat
12-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Just off the wire...

Nazr Mohammed was just traded to Charlotte for Primoz and Walter Hermann.

Not sure what Primoz's health is like, but I really like him as a backup center. Hermann is a wild card, but I love his outside shot.

pwee31
12-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Both should be solid pickups for the Pistons

Doddage
12-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Source?

Kstat
12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Source?

Pistons radio flagship just broke it. Expect to see it on ESPN soon.

rexnom
12-14-2007, 08:16 PM
****! Those are two quality players!

tora tora
12-14-2007, 08:18 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showpost.php?p=631565&postcount=11

Doddage
12-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Yeah I would dislike Dumars even more if he pulled this off..... his good GM abilities are annoying.

Kstat
12-14-2007, 08:48 PM
the best part is, we now have $10 million in expiring deals...a little more than we had in 2004 when Dumars pulled off the trade for Sheed.

indygeezer
12-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Not Primrose Prozac, please.....not a Piston. (snif)

AesopRockOn
12-14-2007, 10:23 PM
the best part is, we now have $10 million in expiring deals...a little more than we had in 2004 when Dumars pulled off the trade for Sheed.

Who do you think they might pick up?

indygeezer
12-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Who do you think they might pick up?

Kobe, of course.

LG33
12-14-2007, 10:24 PM
...Chris Webber...

Hoop
12-14-2007, 10:47 PM
the best part is, we now have $10 million in expiring deals...a little more than we had in 2004 when Dumars pulled off the trade for Sheed.You guys want Murphy, don't ya, go ahead admit it.

Anthem
12-14-2007, 10:59 PM
You guys want Murphy, don't ya, go ahead admit it.
I'd trade Murph for Primoz straight up and be on Cloud 9 for a week.

And that was before tonight's game.

Pacerized
12-15-2007, 12:17 AM

I'd do that in a heartbeat. Unfortunatley Murphy makes 3.5 times what Promoz does.
The only way we lose Murphy is to send a young prospect with him like Shawne or Granger.
I think the Pacers should consider buying him out at the end of the season.

Young
12-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Pretty nice for the Pistons.

Both are real solid. Brezec will help the Pistons spread the court even more.

Not sure if he ever really improved his defense. But Brezec can really hit the mid range jumper. I remember thinking after we lost Brad and Brezec sort of breaking out his first two years with the Bobcats that man would Brezec be perfect offensive complament to Jermaine right about now. But we had to leave so many players open to the Bobcats to take and Primoz was one that we really couldn't protect.

Kstat
12-15-2007, 12:32 AM
probably going to be a contest between Hermann and Brezec, with the loser getting dealt at the deadline along with Flip Murray..

Primoz has range but Hermann has a lot more. He's going to have to show more if he wants to stick.

BlueNGold
12-15-2007, 12:37 AM

You might grab your AK-47 if you go to Cloud 9. ;)

Pistons won that trade IMO pretty easily...good backup players on a good team IMO.

BTW, the first thing when I heard this is...they must miss Darko...lol.

BoomBaby33
12-15-2007, 12:44 AM
****! Those are two quality players!

Why teams just basically bend over for teams like the Pistons and the Yankees and the Patriots is beyond me.

Shade
12-15-2007, 01:12 AM
I don't see this as a big deal, personally. Primoz's best days are behind him.

Is he an upgrade over Nazr? I'm not sure. At this point, they may be a wash.

Hermann will be the key to the deal.

Suicide watch for Kegboy.

Anthem
12-15-2007, 01:13 AM
:laugh: I gotta say, I was laughing watching the Raptors game tonight, thinking "Man, the Pistons could really use a player like Bosh."

I don't even want to think about it.

grace
12-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Suicide watch for Kegboy.

This may push him over the edge to truly not giving a rat's *** about anything in the NBA.

King Tuts Tomb
12-15-2007, 01:36 AM
I actually thought the Bobcats came out better on this deal. Nazr is a quality player that for some reason people sleep on him.

Herrman is not bad though.

TheDon
12-15-2007, 01:37 AM
Why teams just basically bend over for teams like the Pistons and the Yankees and the Patriots is beyond me.

I always wonder the same thing, it's the whole small market vs. big market, or in some cases "I really wish I could get a ring before I retire". I just don't understand how Detroit pulls off these deals and we can't do squat it isn't that big of a market nor is it a desirable environment to move in as opposed to if you were moving somewhere like California or Florida.

avoidingtheclowns
12-15-2007, 02:30 AM
I don't see this as a big deal, personally. Primoz's best days are behind him.

Is he an upgrade over Nazr? I'm not sure. At this point, they may be a wash.

contractually, yes brezec >>> nazr because i think they'll play/contribute about the same.

JayRedd
12-15-2007, 03:51 AM
contractually, yes brezec >>> nazr because i think they'll play/contribute about the same.

Yeah...Was probably mostly about money from the Pistons side.

And I agree that Nazr is easily the best player in the deal. Although Hermann was a mini-beast at the end of last year after everyone else got hurt. Can't say I ever saw him play, but he was a key fantasy pickup for points and treys. Plus he has two unnecessary consonants in his name and looks like he should be playing rhythm guitar for Winger. You gotta respect that.

LG33
12-15-2007, 10:38 AM
and looks like he should be playing rhythm guitar for Winger. You gotta respect that.

I was with you the whole way until that last part. The band Winger and the word respect shouldn't never be in the same paragraph.

Kegboy
12-15-2007, 12:40 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** **** **** **** **** ****ITY **** ****!

:suicide4:

Hicks
12-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I just want to know what Primoz did to make Kstat so excited. Someone slip him some peanut butter cookies?

Kofi
12-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Brezec wont get any P.T. since he's probably the worst player in the NBA, so it comes down to Herrmann and approx. $3.8M salary dump in the offseason for Mohammed. I'd call it a push. I'm surprised Mohammed got such little playing time in Detroit. He's a solid center. He may end up starting in Charlotte, so I might have to pick him up in my fantasy league.

Kstat
12-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Actually, if we keep neither guy, it's a $6 million salary dump....

Kstat
12-15-2007, 01:06 PM
In all honesty, I just like the fact we got a 7-footer with a reliable mid-range game. It helps if we need to use him in a pinch to space the floor.

I really, really like Hermann, especially in this offense, where we run so many high pick-and-rolls.

just like having a guy named peanut butter on the roster, what can I say...

BoomBaby33
12-15-2007, 02:35 PM
should be playing rhythm guitar for Winger. You gotta respect that.

I didn't know Fabio could play guitar. Man hes talented! :D

JayRedd
12-15-2007, 02:47 PM
I was with you the whole way until that last part. The band Winger and the word respect shouldn't never be in the same paragraph.

He's number 17.

Shade
12-15-2007, 07:20 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** **** **** **** **** ****ITY **** ****!

:suicide4:

Should I alert the BCF of the possibility of a madman rocketing toward their front doors while screaming incoherently about peanut butter?

Anthem
12-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Should I alert the BCF of the possibility of a madman rocketing toward their front doors while screaming incoherently about peanut butter?
:laugh: Poor Tim. The BFC jokes never get old.

Where is Tim, anyway?

grace
12-15-2007, 08:19 PM
:laugh: Poor Tim. The BFC jokes never get old.

Where is Tim, anyway?

He claimed his computer broke. He hasn't been back since.

Kegboy
12-15-2007, 09:05 PM

You think I'm going to Castleton two weekends before Christmas in this weather!? I may be suicidal, but not nuts.

Kstat
12-15-2007, 09:05 PM
if it makes you feel any better Kegboy, I'm betting we keep Primoz inactive until Stuckey comes back in a week or so.

Kegboy
12-15-2007, 09:26 PM
if it makes you feel any better Kegboy, I'm betting we keep Primoz inactive until Stuckey comes back in a week or so.

Well, I decided to look at the bright side. I no longer have to root for a team run by Michael Jordan. :yes:

skyfire
12-16-2007, 07:38 AM
I think its a good deal for both teams, with Detroit getting the edge for contractual reasons.

As long as he doesn't suddenly become 'out for the season' upon pulling on a Bobcats uniform then I think Nazr should be pretty solid for them.

Unclebuck
12-16-2007, 09:41 AM
This was a salary dump. Primo won't get anytime for the Pistons.

Unclebuck
12-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I just want to know what Primoz did to make Kstat so excited. Someone slip him some peanut butter cookies?

I was wondering the same thing

jeffg-body
12-16-2007, 10:08 AM
I have to agree that this is no big deal. Primoz sits the bench and clears cap room next year. He reminds me of a softer Troy Murphy with less range. He'll be end of bench eye candy. On the other end, Nazr will get time to prove he can play in Charlotte.

Drewtone
12-16-2007, 10:35 AM
He's number 17.

Does that make one wonder if Reb Porter and Reb Beach were related????

Kstat
12-16-2007, 05:06 PM
peanut butter actually played well today. Didn't score, but rebounded and defended well, and had several no-look assists. I didn't know he had that in his game. Who knew? :whoknows:

JayRedd
12-16-2007, 05:28 PM
I didn't know he had that in his game. Who knew? :whoknows:

Stephon Marbury.

You have no idea what he knows.

rexnom
12-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Stephon Marbury.

You have no idea what he knows.
Yeah, you don't wanna **** with Stephon. He knows a lot of ****...about YOU.

Kegboy
12-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Who knew?

:wave:

And Jay, too.

Kstat
12-16-2007, 11:31 PM
tell you what, Kegboy. If he sticks around past the deadline, I'll pick you up a red and blue Brezec jersey to add to your collection. Deal?

Anthem
12-17-2007, 12:02 AM

And Jay, too.

SamBear
12-17-2007, 12:03 AM
Always good to have a gold medal Argentinian on your team... ;)

Hicks
12-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Always good to have a gold medal Argentinian on your team... ;)

Which relates to Primoz Brezec how, exactly? :-p ;)

Kstat
12-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Primoz called himself a "bad boy" today. I'm not kidding. :laugh:

He's kinda goofy, but he's an endearing kid, and he has a lot of pride. He got pissed when someone asked him about his reputation as a soft defender. I like his attitude, if not his overall game. I'm willing to be impressed, though.

Bball
12-17-2007, 08:01 AM
I always wonder the same thing, it's the whole small market vs. big market, or in some cases "I really wish I could get a ring before I retire". I just don't understand how Detroit pulls off these deals and we can't do squat it isn't that big of a market nor is it a desirable environment to move in as opposed to if you were moving somewhere like California or Florida.

Because the Pistons actively pursue trades, maybe? Maybe they don't over-value players and know when to cut their losses in some cases?

The Pacers seem to prefer to try and build player and fan loyalty by keeping the same core players as long as possible and by paying them (players) well. The Pacers don't look to trade unless painted into a corner by a player or by the team underperforming to the point that the playoffs appear in jeopardy.

Kegboy
12-17-2007, 09:36 AM
tell you what, Kegboy. If he sticks around past the deadline, I'll pick you up a red and blue Brezec jersey to add to your collection. Deal?

:puke:

Gyron
12-17-2007, 10:50 AM
The swarms of Peanut Butter fans here in Charlotte are gonna be very disappointed. He was my only reason to go to a Boobcats game. I mean I got immense personal satifaction laughing my *** off at the boy running. He has one of the funniest strides in the NBA. But then again if I had like size 50 feet and was 12 feet tall, I would probably run funny too.

naptownmenace
12-17-2007, 05:46 PM

The words "shouldn't" and "never" should never be used in the same sentence either. :nerd:

spreedom
12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
The swarms of Peanut Butter fans here in Charlotte are gonna be very disappointed. He was my only reason to go to a Boobcats game. I mean I got immense personal satifaction laughing my *** off at the boy running. He has one of the funniest strides in the NBA. But then again if I had like size 50 feet and was 12 feet tall, I would probably run funny too.

At least you didn't have to blush everytime Mark Madsen fii-fi-fo-fum'ed his way up the court like I did when I lived in Minny for 20 years..

Naptown_Seth
12-18-2007, 03:13 AM
He's number 17.
[Tony Bruno] Beautiful [/Bruno]
He'll hit the threes like you've never seen.

Kstat
12-22-2007, 01:59 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/9c/fullj.d3e7a77f74e6ffbf097dc4a07a14f62f/d3e7a77f74e6ffbf097dc4a07a14f62f-getty-76075627ae013pistons_grizzlies.jpg

Anthem
12-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Who is that with the book on their leg?

LG33
12-22-2007, 11:46 AM
The words "shouldn't" and "never" should never be used in the same sentence either. :nerd:

What can I say, when it comes to Winger, I use all negatives...

Kegboy
12-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Who is that with the book on their leg?

http://www.listaholic.com/10-awful-celebrity-tattoos.html

10. Andre Brown

Apparently, just etching "Psalm 27:1" on his leg wouldn't suffice for this Memphis Grizzlies cager.

SamBear
12-23-2007, 04:39 AM
Which relates to Primoz Brezec how, exactly? :-p ;)

doh! I was thinking of someone else... :laugh: sorry... :laugh:

Kstat
12-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Primoz "gangsta" Brezec!

:rotflmao:

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071230/SPORTS03/712300573/1051/SPORTS

PISTONS CORNER: 'Sheed: new Piston Primo Brezec is 'gangsta'

December 30, 2007

BY KRISTA JAHNKE

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Pistons are such a tight-knit group that when new guys come into the fold, one of the biggest questions is how they'll fit in off the court rather than on it.

So far, center Primoz Brezec seems to be doing just fine.

Advertisement

"He's high-energy, he's very enthusiastic, he plays hard -- he's borderline out-of-control at times," coach Flip Saunders said. "... But you've got to like his enthusiasm. He's really well-liked by the players."

Brezec got kudos for his hustle play in Friday's win, when he dove across the Pistons' bench trying to save a ball from going out of bounds. The move caused several Pistons players to jump out of the way.

"He'll try anything," Saunders said. "I thought it was pretty unique that everyone cleared a path. When you see a guy who's 7-feet, 290 (pounds) running at you, Rip and all of those guys weren't going to stay there and take the hit."

Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace said the only nickname he's come up with for Brezec so far is "gangsta."

Told that Brezec was seen jogging through the streets of Indianapolis during the time when most players are just waking up from their afternoon naps, Wallace said, "See, that's gangsta."

Turns out Brezec just wanted to get to a nearby Starbucks for a hot chocolate before the first bus left for Conseco Fieldhouse.