PDA

View Full Version : Ruben Patterson waived - any interest?

CableKC
12-13-2007, 04:23 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-cliprep14dec14,0,7564189.story?coll=la-home-sports

I'm guessing that we have no room for him....he's an aggressive and tough defender and a decent scorer. I know he has "baggage".....but I thought I'd throw this out there.

Hicks
12-13-2007, 04:35 PM
No thanks. What's left of his game is somewhat interesting, but not when I consider the history as well. We also don't need another swingman.

JayRedd
12-13-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm really not sure exactly what it's going to take to redeem the Indiana Pacer image after all that's happened during the past few years. But I'm pretty sure "sex offender" isn't near the top of the list.

avoidingtheclowns
12-13-2007, 04:44 PM
love his defense. hate his rap sheet. though he'd fit in with thugs like murphy, granger and t-die...

MyFavMartin
12-13-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm surprised by this move by the Clippers, but I guess it opens PT for Thornton, who I am impressed by.

But, no, I would pass on him.

It seems odd and makes me wonder if there is more of a story behind the move.

heywoode
12-13-2007, 10:35 PM
NO

rexnom
12-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, the Boston Celtics' new sixth man.

Anthem
12-14-2007, 12:22 AM
Yeah, what this team really needs is a rapist. That should win the fans back.

The fact that he plays the same position as Danny/Shawne/Dunleavy/Marquis/Graham doesn't bother me, nor does the fact that he's shorter than Kareem Rush and has no shot to speak of.

I say go for it. He could be the 7th man on our All-SF team.

efx
12-14-2007, 03:27 AM
He is the "Kobe-stopper!" though.....

D-BONE
12-14-2007, 05:56 AM
Absolutely no question his D would be huge for us. Plus he excels in an open court game. JOb loves deflections. Patterson would be his man.

Can't see this happening either given his past transgressions though. Too bad.

jeffg-body
12-14-2007, 07:40 AM
I'd have to say pass on him. Even though this guy has great D, we don't need another felony waiting to happen. This guy would make our Pacemates really nervous.

Arcadian
12-14-2007, 03:54 PM
He was let go because he was the only person they could waive and save money. The Clippers needed a point guard and with Ruban had 15 players.

tora tora
12-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Has a thread like this ever been posted with the answer yes? :laugh:

Kaufman
12-14-2007, 08:24 PM
No. Seems too troubled for an already troubled team.

Conflict
12-14-2007, 08:48 PM
I like him very much but he doesn't fit in our rotation!

McKeyFan
12-15-2007, 01:34 PM
How many examples are there of a player being waived, then getting picked up and really excelling?

odeez
12-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Could use his defense, but not his baggage, no way!

JayRedd
12-15-2007, 01:49 PM
How many examples are there of a player being waived, then getting picked up and really excelling?

David Ortiz and...and...yeah, that's about it.

NapTonius Monk
12-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Would have been great to have "The Nanny Stopper" against Jason Kapono last night. We're still horribly limited in the area of perimeter defense. With that said, there will be no way to sell the fans on another head case with criminal issues. Whether that's fair, or not, it's reality. No doubt we'll be making some moves if the "green sea" continues to rage at Conseco. Empty seats do not a profit make, and that's the bottom line, seeing as how this is still a business and all.

avoidingtheclowns
12-15-2007, 03:38 PM

tim thomas a few years ago.

like i said above i wouldn't sign him but at this point all we really need is a perimeter defender and isn't an offensive liability -- we don't need him to be anything more than a defender.

i think this had more to do with patterson's contract not being guaranteed than patterson really being terrible. he was a starter for 50+ games with the bucks last season. we're talking about sterling.

Roaming Gnome
12-15-2007, 03:42 PM
He is the "Kobe-stopper!" though.....

He's the "Nanny-Stopper", also....

I'd have to say no on that deal. Adding a convicted sexual preditor goes beyond a couple bar scuffles that our current guys have had to deal with. Imagine the feeding frenzy the local media would have with this guy comming to town. I can see it now, RTV 6 Rafeal Sanchez (local investigative reporter-ABC affiliate) doing an expose on, "Are the Pacers safe for your children?" The fact that the guy even plays basketball would become secondary.

We wont even get to the fact that he is another SF.